“Lost all trust on this hotel brand”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #286 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
San Antonio, Texas
“Lost all trust on this hotel brand”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

A/C units don't cool off the room at all. Notified manager who supposed to contact maintenance but he never did. Ask next manager and he promise to send someone in the morning or he will move me to another room. Came back in the morning and the next manager had no record of my problem with the A/C. Finally someone show up from maintenance; check the A/C came back and told me that it was fixed. A/C still not working after several hours. Finally move out of room on my last night. In the morning, while I was leaving, a young couple was given the same room overnight and asked me if I have any issues with the A/C.

• Stayed August 2013
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Remar17,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the A/C in your room. We are disappointed to know that this was not resolved in a timely manner for you. We would therefore like to welcome you back to the Clarion Inn & Suites hotel and make sure your stay is fully up to standards, please do not hesitate to contact any management personal for assistance with your future bookings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The asset of this place is its location. It is a 10 or so minute walk to the convention center. The rooms were fine, the pool was nice, the staff were fine. The breakfast buffet is a little thin, and I have never been charged before for orange juice for breakfast! Also, there is a $3.50 services charge per night, which (according to a confused explanation by a staffer) is for the safe sort of, even if you don't use it. Since I was here with a conference, all the restaurants nearby were always packed, but the 7-11 across the main road actually has good food with no line.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Proclaimer1,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion. We are happy to know that the location was ideal during your visit to Orlando. We apologize, if you were offered a confusing understanding of the service fee, please feel free to contact any management personal to further discuss and clarify. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We booked this hotel as a last minute holiday and we were not sure what to expect given the mixed reviews on here. We stayed for 14 nights and had a great stay!
The staff are really friendly, Eric in particular ( I think that was his name) went above and beyond and offered us complimentary late check out until 1pm as we were being collected at 1:45pm for our airport transfer. The staff were always friendly and spoke to us every time we saw them in and around the hotel. The free shuttle bus was brilliant, the pick up and drop off times suited us fine and saved us a lot of money as we didn't need to hire a car. To get around international drive we purchased an I trolley pass from the hotel which was good value for money.
Breakfast was good and consisted of toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee, milk, mini hash browns, scrambled egg, sausages or bacon, orange slices, pancakes and ham. The only thing we would have liked to have been included is orange juice, which you have to pay $2 for. We used the pool area twice and it was very clean and not busy, the second time we used it we were the only people there which was nice!
Housekeeping came into our room every day when we were out at the parks and did not enter if we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door, unlike what previous people have said on their reviews. The service charge of $3.50 per day was good value for money which included the safe, wifi and air conditioning. We have paid a lot more money when we have stayed in European hotels for these luxuries so we thought $3.50 was a good price per day.
Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank Watsons2013
Dear Watsons2013,

Thank you for providing the feedback from your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that the Clarion was your home away from home for 14 nights and that your stay was most enjoyable. We truly appreciate all of your kind words in reference to our staff, cleanliness, breakfast, etc. and absolutely look forward to your visit to the Clarion Inn & Suites!

Newark DE
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a good hotel, with caring staff. I am a professional , who travels a lot and I was just in Florida for a conference, and I stayed here three nights I read some of the bad reviews and have to honestly say that I did not experience any problems, except the juice is $2. The room was clean and looked just like the pictures, great shower, air condition, was vacuumed and bed made daily,. The breakfast was ham, eggs, bacon , toast, cereal, coffee, hash browns, and orange slices. The scrambled eggs are flat like crapes, I prefer plain old scrambled, maybe they will change it. The pool was nice had towels by the pool. The desk staff were bending over backwards to be helpful. The maids seemed friendly and courteous. Plenty of channels on the TV. Complementary newspapers. Room was quiet. I stayed on 1st floor, parking was good. Nice location have Walgreen’s, on corner. They do have early check out policies, may want to inquire about, for longer stays, I had a very pleasant stay, and I think you will enjoy it too.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear David P,

It is with great pleasure that we receive your delightful review. We are happy to know that your overall experience was satisfying, enjoyable and that all of our amenities met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Margate
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was on business and stayed here. I was ugraded to a suite and the room was clean, AC worked, fairly new appliances. Very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful
Only 2 minor concerns:
1) This is Florida, why is there an extra charge for juice at breakfast?

2) The sofa in my room is in need of repair. If I was staying here with more than 1 person I would have asked to be moved

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Margate,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Suite and that the cleanliness was exceptional. Thank you for recognizing the staff for their friendliness and helpfulness. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in August during our holiday from the UK. After reading some of the bad reviews on here, I feel I must share my opinions on our stay. First of all, this is what I would call a good budget priced hotel. It is not the Hilton, but you could stay at the Hilton across the street for considerably more.
When we arrived at the hotel it was late Saturday afternoon and there was only 2 king rooms left to choose from. Both rooms were at the bottom end of the complex. We chose one, but before we unpacked all our luggage, I went back to reception to ask if anyone was checking out of a room nearer to the front of the hotel on the sunday ( hotel is very busy on weekends ), would it be possible for us to move to one of those rooms, as my wife had just had a cast removed from a broken foot. The front desk staff were very polite, and told me to come back on the Sunday morning and they would check. Upon returning, I spoke to a member of staff named Shesh. He was very friendly and helpfull. He told me that there would be more rooms available later that day, and then informed me that they were going to give me a complementary upgrade to a suite instead of a king room, which I was very pleased about.
The suite was very spacious and had a separate lounge/kitchen area, and included a fridge and microwave. The fridge was a big plus for us, as I think the other rooms apart from the suites, do not have a fridge. You may be able to pay a extra fee to have one in a standard room if you ask.
The hotel is not new, and could probably benefit from some updating, but for the price, it is quite acceptable. As I stated earlier, if you want 5 star accommodation, go stay in a 5 star hotel, with 5 star prices. We have stayed in hotels of this quality many times on visits to USA, and in our opinion, they are all about the same really.
Some reviews state that they were not happy with the maids entering rooms while they were still in the room. All I can say is that they never came into our room while we were in it, but did come in every day while we were out, beds made and clean towels. I suggest a simple solution if you don't want anyone to come in, and that is to simply close the security latch on the inside of the door, job done !. There is no lift in this hotel, as on reviewer complained about, but the hotel only has 2 floors, so one flight of stairs is not that bad.
Hotel was clean, as was our room, and the first room we moved from. Carpets were being hoovered regularly in hallways. Pool is quite nice with a hoist for disabled people, could probably do with a few more loungers, but most of time pool is nearly empty, apart from later in day when people come back from the parks. The free American hot breakfast is ok, bacon one day, sausage next, with scrambled eggs and hash browns, also cereals, toast and cakes. Tea and coffee are free at breakfast, but you have to pay $2 if you wanted fruit juice, which I thought was strange.
There is plenty of free parking, but it does fill up at weekends.
The hotel is situated at the bottom end of International drive, but you can walk to Pointe Orlando complex in about 15 min, or drive in 3.. There is a Mc Donald's and Red Lobster just outside, along with a Walgreens. The free wifi worked great, and was able to FaceTime to UK no problem.
Some people will never be happy with anything, and I feel some of the reviews are not justified, complaining of the slightest little thing. I found the hotel to be clean and easily accessible. The staff on the front desk were really helpfull and pleasant. I had to visit the desk on a few occasions, and my requests for help we're always dealt with quickly and with a smile. Everyone who I passed that worked in the hotel always smiled and I don't know why some people have complained about them, maybe it is themselves, not the staff.
I must lastly give a big thumbs up to Shesh, he made our stay most enjoyable and is a first class guy. We even saw him on his day off in one of the sports bars, and he offered to buy us a round of drinks.
I do not usually write a review of any of my hotels, but felt I should this time, if only to reassure anyone who is thinking of staying at this hotel. It seems a lot of the negative reviews are from USA residents, I don't know if their expectations are greater than ours from the Uk, but this hotel is a typical budget hotel for USA, and one of the better ones. Take this into consideration when booking, and then you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sparky12013
Dear Sparky12013,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We truly appreciate your refreshing and genuine opinion. It is wonderful to know that you were able to enjoy a Complimentary Suite upgrade during your stay.

We are excited to know that you were able to utilize our Wi-Fi to FaceTime with your family in the UK without any complications. We know how important it is to stay connected with family.

We also thank you for mentioning Shesh in your review as it will be a pleasure to let him know that you appreciated his customer service. Once again, we thank you for your genuine opinion, as this will help all future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel was a very bad experience for my family. Dirty rooms and very poor service. Housekeeping seems to be very unorganized and in the afternoon while I was rearing with my children in the room housekeeping came by 3 times in 2 hours to see if the room had been cleaned, which it had been. The third time they came in, I had put the "do not disturb" sign on the door. All three times they entered or attempted to enter without knocking. I not only felt uncomfortable but unsafe at this hotel. It is convenient to the convention center, shopping, and restaraunts, but that does not make up for what it is lacking.

Dear Melanie837,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

I want to apologize for your recent experience with us and I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels