“Disappointed (What is "Porterage & Incidentals)”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #282 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Disappointed (What is "Porterage & Incidentals)”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Used this place as part of a package through Kenwood Travel. On arrival was not impressed with the reception area and was less than impressed with the $3.50 per day for porterage and incidentals. We carried our own luggage both to and from our room and to our knowledge incurred no incidental charges however $24.5 was charged to our visa card for these "Services". The room was in need of a makeover and had an odour about it. Our window was screwed together and would not open, to afford any natural ventilation. On the positive side, the hotel did serve a cooked breakfast and cold meats + a selection of cereals. There was a shuttle to Disney and Universal but the return was not until 18:30 & 22:00, which made for a long day. Good location just off Int Drive and the I-Ride took you to the outlets and eateries for $1.50 per journey (under 12s free). Free Wi-Fi and internet access available. Gym on site but both treadmills out of service during our stay. Strangely, the hotel cafe/bar was closed during the weekend whilst we were there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Andrew H
Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Andrew H.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion Inn & Suites. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and complimentary shuttle service to the theme parks. We apologize that your travel agent failed to mention that our hotel does have a safe fee of $3.50 per night. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Inn & Suites in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

great hotel with the best staff around who will do anything to help perfectly situated balconys overlookin a great pool shops 1 minute away clean and freindly me and the wife have been here 8times in 7years and will keep going back ive also got a few freinds going every year and they love it aswell only one way to find out try the clarion inn you,ll not be dissapionted darren n diane from edinburgh

Room Tip: all suites have a balcony for a few dollars more its worth it
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darren g
Dear Mr. Darren G.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review from your wonderful stay with us. We are happy to hear that you have stayed with us for so many years and have always enjoyed your stay. Thank you for mentioning our staff and how great the hotel is. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and are really pleased and satisfied with the service. We stayed in a king sized room and it was great but the room is humide, smells a little weird. We would really recommend Nate in the bar, such a great guy and bartender!! Fabulous service !! Great pool, free wi-fi, free parking, and possibility to do laundry! Two supermarkets across the street.

Patricia M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Jonssons Kan,

We are delighted to receive this amazing review. It is our main goal and pleasure to accommodate our guest and offer them the best experience during their stay. We thank you for your feedback and for mentioning Nate at the bar; he will be excited to hear these comments. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Orlando.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Well we stayed at this hotel for one night and I regret I stayed. AT the beginning my gut said to leave but I didn't want to drive around looking for a hotel Labor Day Weekend. I made reservations under the assumption I had a microwave and refrige like Choice hotels say they have upon check in I was immediately told I won't have one unless I pay $30 more! I said I needed one for medicine we went to the room it was dirty mold on the curtains, the bathroom floor was dirty there was a semi outside the window that made soo much noise or was it the a/c? and of course no fridge I went back and Eric said he'd call to have the problems fixed and didn't seem surprised it happened and never said sorry he assigned another room and I asked does it have a fridge and he said its extra once again I said ok bc obviously he was not in the mood for customer service so they scammed me out of the extra 30 dollars which I would have let go but when I got to the room there were cigarette burns in the curtain we rust in the shower, the TV had no channels appropriate for children Wi-Fi never worked and no extra blankets, the hot water didn't work I can go on and on but to top the cake we left our luggage by the tile floor by the fridge and when we got back the fridge I paid 30 for wasn't working and there was a huge puddle all over the floor I had to clean up that also soaked all our luggage so we had to wear the same clothes the next day bc we didn't have much for our one night getaway! To end the trip as I was in the bathroom I noticed a bed bug on the towel which I wrapped up and brought to checkout again no surprise or apology but he seemed new but again no manager or apology. Then we went to the "Free" breakfast that they charge you 2.00 for a juice or any drink unless you want water or coffee again kids don't drink coffee so defiantly not a family friendly hotel! Our room was also supposedly a balcony over the pool no we were over a trashy dirt pit with yellow tape up around a broken Jacuzzi! Don't Stay Here! After paying 30 for the fridge that didn't work I could've stayed at the Disney resort that actually is 4 miles away they are more like 15 mils away so don't believe there mileage chart . I have pictures I will download and add later so stay tuned!

Room Tip: At a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

A/C units don't cool off the room at all. Notified manager who supposed to contact maintenance but he never did. Ask next manager and he promise to send someone in the morning or he will move me to another room. Came back in the morning and the next manager had no record of my problem with the A/C. Finally someone show up from maintenance; check the A/C came back and told me that it was fixed. A/C still not working after several hours. Finally move out of room on my last night. In the morning, while I was leaving, a young couple was given the same room overnight and asked me if I have any issues with the A/C.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Remar17,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Clarion Inn & Suites. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the A/C in your room. We are disappointed to know that this was not resolved in a timely manner for you. We would therefore like to welcome you back to the Clarion Inn & Suites hotel and make sure your stay is fully up to standards, please do not hesitate to contact any management personal for assistance with your future bookings.

Manalapan, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The asset of this place is its location. It is a 10 or so minute walk to the convention center. The rooms were fine, the pool was nice, the staff were fine. The breakfast buffet is a little thin, and I have never been charged before for orange juice for breakfast! Also, there is a $3.50 services charge per night, which (according to a confused explanation by a staffer) is for the safe sort of, even if you don't use it. Since I was here with a conference, all the restaurants nearby were always packed, but the 7-11 across the main road actually has good food with no line.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Proclaimer1,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Clarion. We are happy to know that the location was ideal during your visit to Orlando. We apologize, if you were offered a confusing understanding of the service fee, please feel free to contact any management personal to further discuss and clarify. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We booked this hotel as a last minute holiday and we were not sure what to expect given the mixed reviews on here. We stayed for 14 nights and had a great stay!
The staff are really friendly, Eric in particular ( I think that was his name) went above and beyond and offered us complimentary late check out until 1pm as we were being collected at 1:45pm for our airport transfer. The staff were always friendly and spoke to us every time we saw them in and around the hotel. The free shuttle bus was brilliant, the pick up and drop off times suited us fine and saved us a lot of money as we didn't need to hire a car. To get around international drive we purchased an I trolley pass from the hotel which was good value for money.
Breakfast was good and consisted of toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee, milk, mini hash browns, scrambled egg, sausages or bacon, orange slices, pancakes and ham. The only thing we would have liked to have been included is orange juice, which you have to pay $2 for. We used the pool area twice and it was very clean and not busy, the second time we used it we were the only people there which was nice!
Housekeeping came into our room every day when we were out at the parks and did not enter if we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door, unlike what previous people have said on their reviews. The service charge of $3.50 per day was good value for money which included the safe, wifi and air conditioning. We have paid a lot more money when we have stayed in European hotels for these luxuries so we thought $3.50 was a good price per day.
Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Watsons2013
Dear Watsons2013,

Thank you for providing the feedback from your recent stay. It is wonderful to know that the Clarion was your home away from home for 14 nights and that your stay was most enjoyable. We truly appreciate all of your kind words in reference to our staff, cleanliness, breakfast, etc. and absolutely look forward to your visit to the Clarion Inn & Suites!