“Very good hotel”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #286 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This was a good hotel to come back to after walking about all day comfy beds clean rooms staff was helpful beakfast was good they now have cooked breakfast only problem no juice included in the breakfast pool was ok and had a jacuzzi(wasnt the best to be fair but ok) would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
GMOrland0, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review about Clarion Inn & Suites.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us .I’m so glad you’d found our bedrooms comfy and clean. I will be happy to share your comment with our staffs as well, I am sure it will be great from them to hear it. Thank for your comment about the breakfast having no juice at all. I will make sure that next time, there will be offered refreshments on the breakfast table. It’s awesome to hear that you had enjoyed our pool as well. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon. It was a pleasure to serve you, thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our key cards did not work 3 times in 6 hours on both the outside door & our room door. Our friend had to go to the front desk all 3 times to get the key cards re-keyed, and I went once to tell them that it was completely unacceptable. My daughter (who uses a cane and had to wait outside at 10:00 p.m. with the luggage) was unable to get in, as were the rest of us. The person at the front desk promised me that he would have a maintenance person check the outside door but obviously didn't because 2 days later, the morning we were leaving, another guest could not get her key card to work. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was filthy with lint and although there was free breakfast, they charged $2.00 for juices of any kind. Another interesting thing, my friend who has an i phone had the battery drained when she plugged her charger into the socket by the air conditioner. I don't know if there was supposed to be a refrigerator in the room, but there was none.

Room Tip: Rooms by pool have balconies.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty S
Dear Valued Customer,

Please accept our sincerest apologies about the unfortunate incident that happened on your recent stay at our Hotel. It is very unacceptable, and I want to share the same sentiments and frustration you have had. Your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies and it is important for us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel. We hope you will choose Clarion Inn & Suites again.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Canton, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We love the location and overall cleanliness. Pool was in need a vacuum and there were cigarette butts all around the property and pool area. I am glad we were only here one night. The room hair dryer didn't work. A nice worker came and replaced the dryer. The. The following morning our tv stopped working. We were also surprised to find that the room didn't include a fridge which is essential when you have little ones. Breakfast was okay, not what I had come to expect from Clarion. My suggestion? Pay ten to twenty more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Check to see if everything works before agreeing to room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie R
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. Even though there were some flaws that you have notice, I am thankful that you’d loved the location and overall cleanliness of the area. Thank you for the feedback about the pool and the nearby area, we will do our best to address them accordingly. I am enlightened to hear that one of our staffs replaced the hair dryer that is not working. Our apologies if the room does not have any fridge.. Please know at any time you may dial "0" during your stay if issues do arise and we will do everything we can to quickly solve any issue to your satisfaction. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
We look forward to your next visit.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Clarion Inn & Suites staying for 9 nights in early April 2014. We stayed in a suite (big bedroom with 2 king size beds, TV, wardrobe, bathroom + a separate living room with TV, sofa-bed, fridge, microwave, sink and safe box). The suite was extremely comfortable, outdoors swimming pool and jacuzzi were great, breakfast was complete and delicious, they have free wi-fi in the rooms, there are also 2 computers and a printer in the business center available for all guests, free parking is also included. The entrance and courtyard are beautiful.

And on top of it all, the hotel staff is just amazing, everyone is friendly and eager to help, from reservation stages until check out. Front desk staff and breakfast staff are incredibly polite and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and would definetely chose it again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Veronica,

We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your 9 nights stay at Clarion Inn & Suites. I am so glad to hear that you found our bedrooms comfortable and that you had a great breakfast! It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests.

I will for sure share this to our staffs, I wanted to say thank you on behalf of them. Rest assured that we will stay as helpful as ever, and be an amazingly friendly customer service staff as always.

Thanks for recommending us to all of your friends and families. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked after seeing tripadvisor and booking . Com 3.5-4 stars but this place is filthy , this is perhaps the dirtiest hotel us have ever seen.
I unfortunately can't recommend it to anyone.
Plus points
Location near to convention centre.
Staff was nice , helpful but hotel is so booked that they can't do much .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank neostigmine
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at Clarion Inn & Suites. I assure you that it’s not really the way it should be. I already talked to the staffs and we are working on the corrective issues to address your concern.

We thank you enough for saying that our staffs our helpful and nice. I’m sorry that you felt you are not getting what you expected because the hotel were fully booked that time.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon. Please give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future. We look forward to your next stay.
DeKalb, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Let me start off by saying you know you are in trouble when there is a maintenance request ticket sitting on the desk in the room. The light in the bathroom didn't work. The heat in the room didn't work (it got cold one night). The sheets were not changed when i arrived; their was hair all over the bed. Their were stains all over the carpet in the room. The ironing board was broken. The bottom of the bathtub was stained almost yellow and needs to be resurfaced.

The hallways smelled very musty and the ledges were very dusty. I was going to take a picture, to upload but i forgot. It seriously looked like the public area's haven't been dusted in around 6 months.

The only reason that this hotel is getting two stars, is because the staff was nice and breakfast was ok. I was a little surprised that their was a full american hot breakfast, but no juice.

I feel bad for the employees that work here, their owner needs to reinvest into the property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eric,

Thank you for your very detailed experience about your recent stay at Clarion Inn & Suites. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding the lights that don’t work, the sheets that were not changed, the broken iron, the bath tub, and the carpet that has stains. I have it already addressed with the housekeeping department. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.

We are thankful enough that you appreciate our friendly staffs, and you like the breakfast that we have for you. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
We look forward to your next visit.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 3 day event at the convention center. I checked in on Thursday, 3/27. I had reserved a suite with a mini kitchen and extra room with pull out couch. The room had a strange smell upon walking in. The couch had a torn cushion. The paint was peeling in the shower and the room had a lot of stains on the walls. As I unloaded my cooler, I noticed a lot of hair on the tile in the mini-kitchen area. When I went to dinner, I stopped at the front desk and asked that the area be vacuumed. Upon returning from dinner at around 10 pm, I noticed that the area had not been vacuumed. I also noticed a brown smear on the bathroom door. I went back to the front desk and again asked that my room be vacuumed and that someone clean the door. As I returned to my room, a maintenance man was coming down the hall with a vacuum. He also had a small white towel. I told him he needed cleanser and he didn't seem to understand. I showed him the bathroom door. He then vacuumed the tile area near the mini kitchen, wiped the floor with the white towel and vacuumed again. I then reminded him about the door. He wet the towel he had used on the floor and wiped down the door!! At this point it was close to 11. The following day, I went to Publix for some Lysol wipes and cleaned the door again. On Friday night, we got back to the room around 11. We had both tvs on and a couple of lights. I went to plug in my phone to charge next to the bed, there was a flash and a pop, then the bedroom and bathroom went black. The front room still had power. I called the front desk who acknowledged I had lost power. The person working the desk stated that the circuit box was locked, the maintenance person had the key and was gone for the night. He would try to get in touch with the maintenance person. About 45 minutes later the power went back on. No one ever called or followed-up. We took advantage of the free breakfast 1 morning. The outside seating area was disgusting - full ashtrays and ashes on the tables.

Room Tip: There are many other options in Orlando.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SpartyJill
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our Hotel. Please accept our deepest apology about the cleanliness issue you have with one of our maintenance personnel. We are on the process of taking corrective measures so that it won’t happen again with other customers.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are constantly looking for ways to enhance the positive experiences of our guests and your valuable feedback will assist us to correct our deficiencies. Rest assured the comments you made will be addressed in order for us to improve our services, we hope you give us a chance to serve you again. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future.