“Great location great price”

Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
Ranked #284 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed here in september for a weeks trip to Orlando. We usually stay in a villa but really didnt need the space this time.We booked the package through Expedia and got a really great price infact the room was virtually free when we compared the price of flights alone.
We opted for a suite which was well appointed ,fridge microwave coffee maker and a decent size sitting area .
It was clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful.
Also had a swimming pool (never saw it though) and a bar area.

The location was great ,15 minutes from Orlando international Airport,15 minute drive to Disney and a BRISK 10 minute walk to the Seaworld parks.
Theres a small store across the street but you pay for the convenience stick to Publix or Wallmart unless its an emergency.

I would stay here again no problem after all realistically how much time do you spend in your accommodation when in Orlando!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hanzdatdodishes

Reviewed 13 September 2009

we stayed here because it was close to the Convention Center and I had a free Choice night reward to use. It is a little pricy for what you get-the only thing that moves it above the Red Roof next door is an on site bar that dosn't open til 5 PM! if you get back from trade show early and want to have a drink and go over days purchases you have to stop at the Rosen on way back! But like I said it met our needs for the show but I'd avoid it if on pleasure trip

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MinnScooter
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We arived not shore what it would be like reading other peoples views. It was the Howard Johnson.
Thankfully its not any more.
we found reception very polite. house keepers Cleaned rooms every day with a smile.
Bar staff were realy nice especialy the Manager.
Breakfast staff very nice.
Rooms have been refurbished.
Pool is very nice.
In all a very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank alan1111
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We recently visited this hotel while doing business in the area. The reviews really made us skiddish but the $44 rate was the deciding factor. We can't say enough about the hotel- it was definitely clean, the staff was very accommodating (Casey and Andres), it was clean, and well worth the cash. Did we mention it was clean? It was centrally located and worked for us. We had a minor issue- maintenance was there and had it fixed within 10 minutes. Internet wasn't the best- but that seems to be an issue in Orlando....but there were two in the lobby that you could use that worked fine. Not sure why others were so disappointed but we would definitely stay again...we're Disney folks so we know good and clean....and this was just fine!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank kcretired
Reviewed 3 July 2009

We stayed here in July 2008 during renovation of the hotel.
I had read alot of reviews on here prior to going and was a little worried about staying here. We arrived in the evening and was given a room which was disgusting - The room smelt like mould, there was mould on the ceiling and the beds were damp, although we did have a pool view. I returned to the reception and told them we were not willing to accept these disgusting rooms. We were given another 4 rooms which were all the same. I had just got out of hospital after suffering with meningitas and informed the man at reception that I wanted to see the manager as I was not willing to stay in this filthy place. I told him we were going for dinner and when I returned I wanted to have a nice room waiting for me.
When we returned from dinner, we had a lovely refurbished brand new room, that was lovely, and I also got a fridge for the duration of my stay for nothing!!
I had the best holiday of my life and I would definately stay at this hotel again, as I know the standard of rooms available in the hotel, as long as you make enough of a fuss!!
We also had a complimentary breakfast included in our holiday price, which was brilliant. It was 2 slices of breadwhich you could toast), cereal and a piece of fruit, aswell as apple, and orange juice - this was the perfect size breakfast to set you up for a day in the parks. The pool was clean and the rooms were cleaned every day - a little late in the day we found out when we stayed in one day, but cleaned none the less, towels were changed daily, and there was free internet access available too.
Overall all of us were more than happy with the location and everything else in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I was reasonably happy with my stay at this hotel. It was still undergoing renovations whilst I was there and thus things were a little temporary (reception, restaurant etc) however my stay was pleasant enough. The staff were always nice and helpful and did their best with what they had.

The rooms had been recently renovated but to be honest the renovation hasn't been done to the highest quality as evidenced by some less than accurate paintwork, carpet laying and tilework in the bathrooms. Rooms were clean though and sizeable enough for my needs. The overall amenities of the hotel were OK - the pool area is nice enough but the overall feel of the place is a little dark and uninviting in places (such as the corridors etc) so don't be expecting bright and interesting.

Location is great right near I-Drive and everything that comes with that. If you have a car, the main highways to the city and all of the attractions are close by. Its also close to convenience stores and some restaurants and right across the road from the convention centre.

The biggest plus though is that I found it very affordable and for what I paid, I was happy. It's not going to blow your mind, but it is good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank MagicMoments_16
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I recently booked 2 rooms at this hotel, based on the amenities & photos on the Choice hotel website. I must say, I was quite disappointed in the way the hotel was portrayed VS. how it really was. The corridors & our rooms were dark & smelled musty. The rug edges were frayed & looked like they needed cleaning. The rooms were NOT as nice as they appeared on the website-- they were MUCH smaller than I expected; one of the rooms had parts of the ceiling coating that had peeled off, and the other rooms' bathroom door had a fist-sized hole in it! Also, on their website, (http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-orlando-florida-FL328/Hotel-Services?sid=bh28.VMwhSgNnj.12), it clearly states "Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast", but when I arrived I was told the hot breakfast was extra. The "Free" breakfast consisted of toast, cereal & 2 choices of muffin/bread, along with coffee. There were NO juices offered, either. Definitely NOT what I consider "Deluxe".
To be fair, the staff we encountered were helpful, and the rooms were quiet. The pool area was nice, although my son cut his toe somehow on the pool bottom (loose tile?) I was disappointed in this hotel based on my expectations from their website decsription. However, the "value" was appropriate for what we got, I suppose.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family