“Communication and safety concerns” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas

Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas
Ranked #7 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Communication and safety concerns”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Staying here for 6 days while attending a conference. Picked due to location and amenities through my time share (did not exchange a week). Room is nice, large, and has washer dryer, dishwasher, and cold a/c. Shower is fair, bed and pillows above average. Overall would have been more than satisfied...but...

-Booked for 6 days, they had me reserved for 7... Not.a big deal.
-Room doesn't come with housekeeping... They didn't inform me on check in (would have been nice to know, but blame is probably more appropriately focused on timeshare company, so let that slide)
-Fire alarms woke me up at 4:30am, no smoke. Walked outside, only my unit. After 5-10 minutes of sleepy hazy confusion, called front desk. Sent someone who disconnected all smoke alarms and suggested I go back to sleep. No thank you, I prefer to be protected by smoke alarms, I'll go to another room, to sleep again. Got up to go to conference (2 hours later), back to original room- alarms disconnected but still beeping. Sorry neighbors!
-Came back to room after conference, room key doesn't work
-New keys, front desk says all is ok. It was all checked out and all is well,
- back in room, only 1 of 3 fire detectors replaced... Apparently not terribly concerned about safety and fire alarms. Called front desk to inform them ( they said they would call right back). Not so much.
-20-30 min later, called again...oops, we will have it fixed
-2 more phone calls, nearly 3 hours later, finally fixed (???)

I am not a complainer, but get concerned when there are potential safety issues and poor communication. Really don't feel like staff knows how to problem solve. At this point, want out of property into another Marriott, but apparently they don't know how to do that. They offered me a small gift card at a
Marriott resort (lol), what I would really like is a restful resort and a good nights sleep ... Somewhere, anywhere else

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank JSArizona

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

A friend and I recently spent a week at Marriott's Cypress Harbour and couldn't have been more pleased with our accommodations. The resort itself is beautiful; so well-maintained with lovely landscaping and a golf course, that looked spectacular, right across the road. Our villa was perfect. With 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, we had plenty of room to move about without getting in each others way. And, the screened-in patio was like another room, with a ceiling fan and a gorgeous view over the smaller of the two lakes. The on-site store had just about anything you could need, from food and beverages to suntan lotions and t-shirts. The Pizza Hut served great pizza and salads, and was quite reasonable. With the name Marriott behind it, we knew we couldn't go wrong with our accommodations and we were right.

Room Tip: We were in a 3rd floor villa near the smaller lake (with the fountain), and never heard anyone walki...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Beautifully decorated and landscaped villas with full, furnished kitchens! I love the nautical decor!!!!!! Well-maintained. The hot tub was fabulous--especially after a day of walking around for hours and hours at a Disney theme park. When we checked in at the front desk around 2:00 am, Gabby was exceptionally helpful, kind, and attentive.

Plainview, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel had everything you needed to stay with a family, beautifully kept very clean and price was very resonable. the suite had everyhting you needed and more, the location is perfect it is 10 min from disney and diwn the block from sea world.

1 Thank Lisa W
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

A family of three with a small child. Seven night stay. Vacationing from Australia. We picked this villa style resort for the size of the villas, the value for money, and its proximity to the attractions (Disney World, Universal Studios, and Seaworld). Proximity didn't really matter though. We hired a car and drove everywhere. Orlando is vast and you have to drive everywhere anyway. The villas are massive two bedrooms (one with huge spa), huge lounge, dinning, modest but fully appointed kitchen, and outdoor dinning area. Very impressed and satisfied by the size and quality for the money. The resort was built as a time-share resort so was set up for families wishing to vacation for one to two weeks per year in the same place. There is an onsite marketplace, quick-service restaurant (operated by Pizza Hut), gym, golf, etc. You really don't have to leave. We didn't spend much time there though as we were out at the attractions for most of the day and didn't return until well after 9 pm each night. However, it was nice to have the space, the peace and quiet. If you are going to purchase tickets to the attractions from the Concierge, be aware that their prices are the same as purchasing yourself online, however they do offer discounts and extras if you are willing to listen to a sales presentation about Marriott Vacation Club. Here's what you can expect. They say it's 90 min, but the presentation is offsite at another Marriott resort and you are transferred to the sales office by minivan which takes more time. If you choose to do an early morning start, they offer you a continental breakfast, but it's very limited and unappetising. The sales presentation is actually a one-on-one sales pitch by a realtor who takes you on a very slick guided tour. Expect a hard sell at the end. We had three separate sales reps talk to us in succession trying to make a sale. If we were not from Australia with obvious reasons for avoiding the purchase of a vacation rental on the other side of the world, I'm sure they would have gone in even harder. All up, a promised 7:45 AM start and 9:15 AM finish actually finished at closer to 10:30 AM, and only because we pushed to keep to the promised time schedule. Not the 90 min promised. The trade-off was we saved about $300 on tickets to attractions and they didn't bother us again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be good. Just try to request something nearer to the facilities you wan...
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We just got back from a week at the resort, and I have to say it was the nicest place I have ever stayed in. I requested an earlier check in because my flight was changed and they honored my request. When we stepped into the room we all said wow this is beautiful. Our rooms were spotless. I requested the 4th floor and again it was ready when we arrived. When we walked out to the balcony and we saw the lake I knew this would be perfect, which it was. We were about 6 miles from Disney and about the same to Universal. It was perfectly located for parks, restaurants and supermarkets. I can not say enough about this resort. We were in the Conch Key section, rooms 6211-6246. I would request my room again. The staff was outstanding also, they went out of their way to make everything perfect, and it was.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the main building and the snack bar you may want the rooms in the 51 or...
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We recently stayed at this resort. We had two suites, one for my family (wife and 2 kids, 6 and 4), and a suite for my in-laws. My in-laws have this resort as a timeshare so we knew it had to be nice. Our accommodation requests were honored and we were on the top floor (4th floor) as requested and right next to my in-laws.

Upon arrival, I was very pleased with the cleanliness and decor in the suite. The colors are vibrant and festive which made us more excited for our Disney experience. The appliances were newer, furniture relatively maintained, and the beds were comfortable. My wife slept in the master with our daughter and my son and I slept in the other room, with him on the sofa pullout which was just fine for him.

Everything was great until night 5 of 6. We returned back to the suite around 10 p.m. after a day at Disney and just wanted to take showers and go to bed. Shortly after our showers, we noticed the drains in the tubs were backing up (with disgustingly brown water) and the toilets were not flushing. I called maintenance and two workers immediately came up to the room and spent an hour trying to fix the clog. The workers stated that they think at some point someone flushed baby wipes or something similar down the toilet which has led to the clog. They said they could not fix it (now 11 p.m.) and would have a plumber come out in the morning. They offered to move us but our kids were already sleeping so we declined and could use our in-law's toilets overnight if needed. Shortly after they left I noticed the carpets were getting wet and water was running up the walls near the bathroom. This obviously was a disgusting and hazmat issue so I called and asked to move (now midnight). I was greeted 15 minutes later by several workers and a cargo van to assist us in the move. We eventually ended up a couple of units down and settled into bed around 2-3 a.m.

This put a damper on the trip, but all was not lost. I was promptly called by the guest services manager, Amanda, shortly after 9 a.m. She apologized profusely for the severe inconvenience and offered us a $100 resort credit to make things a little better. This was a welcome offering and it did indeed make things better. I have always been a believer that there are some things we can't control...it's how we deal with them. This is where the employees of this resort excel! Every single employee we dealt with over the week was extremely friendly, hospitable, and resourceful. This could have been a bad ending to our trip, but Amanda, the maintenance workers, and everyone else did whatever they could to "make it right." Because of this, we will definitely be back. Great job Marriott!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the trash room or you will be woken up early every morning with the tras...