We came here as a trial to join the Vacation Club, which as a lifelong brand loyal Marriott customer with frequent business travel I was sort of excited to consider.
We are generally pretty low maintenance people (2 adults 3 young kids) who don't need a lot of hand holding and royal treatment, but this just wasn't anywhere near up to the expectations we had at all. There were some nice aspects but we were on a vacation club trial and it certainly induced me to not join the vacation club. I have stayed in much nicer Marriotts and Residence Inns. I am actually staying in one in Orlando as I write this which reminded me I never posted a review.
Just a few examples that were frustrating:
* Room was not ready when we arrived (4 hours after checkin time so we weren't early); put in another room right near a large renovation/construction site that ended up being super loud the rest of the stay starting at 7 am with heavy machinery, pounding, etc. The resort didn't seem full so wondered why we were put here during a trial of the club!
* Prearrival check in concierge arranged for an infant bed in room; was not there; took 5+ hours and multiple calls to get one well after infant's bedtime
* cockroaches in room
* numerous room service mishaps (wrong orders, cold food)
* concierge theme park ticket purchase mishaps; mixed up receipts with other guest, confusion, staff contradicting each other saying "she didn't know what she was talking about" type stuff
* employees flying around the resort in golf carts, swerving around speed bumps to avoid them and not have to slow down....felt like I was living in their world not in my own vacation world. At one point an employee in a resort uniform blew by me in her personal vehicle as I waited to push a stroller across a striped crosswalk. Ummm, maybe let the guest with the baby go first?
Completely underwhelmed and not up to Marriott standards IMO. Poor attentiveness to customer needs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Cypress Harbour Hotel Orlando
- Marriotts Hotel Cypress Harbour
- Marriotts Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando
- Marriott Cypress Harbour
- Orlando Marriott
- Marriotts Cypress Harbour
- Marriott's Cypress Harbour Villas Orlando, Florida