“Great place!”

Ranked #6 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Laconia, NH
“Great place!”
Reviewed 15 December 2009

My wife and I returned to the Orlando area in May 2009 and were quite impressed with the last place we stayed in Orlando. Not expecting this place to surpass, we arrived and were blown away by this place. It'a in Orlando, one mile from Sea World yet you don't get that impression by staying here. Very quiet, and nice. The 2 bedroom suite was very spacious, with full kitchen, dining, living room, 2 full baths and a washer dryer, plus one of the largest jacuzzi tubs I have ever seen! Very cozy room, comfortable beds, and everything you need for the week for the most part. The grounds are beautiful, and if you plan to spend some time at the resort this is the place for you. If not, then you might not want to. The pools were very nice too.

They offer boat rides, sporting rentals, have a few restaurants onsite and gift shop.

Be aware of the flying bugs...At night there are many flying bugs and you have to run in your room pretty much or else they follow you in, they don't do anything other than be annoying, but the balcony has a screen to prevent them from coming in, so it is awesome to sit out on the balcony and have breakfast or dinner.

Overall, if we return, we'll probably stay here. I'd recommend it, you won't regret it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
TX
Reviewed 10 December 2009

The first thing we noticed was an musky/moldy odor as we entered(Friday). The furniture is very worn(cushion compressions) and dated as you can see in the pictures. The floor had hair and dirt marks in the kitchen/bathtub was never cleaned before we got there.Nasty. and there were NO linens for the pull out beds. We turned the air to 70 before going to inquire about the room not being cleaned before we got it.The next morning it was still hot in the room ,cleaning service was a no show,and the toaster was broken.Called the front desk again. We were told that they would bring a toaster but fitted sheets are NOT provided for the pull out beds and they couldn't put us in another room! on SUNDAY ac guys showed up at 8pm. the air was on by Mon. am. What a joke!!!I wish we would have prolonged our visit by a few weeks to stay in a cleaner place w/ better service. I was embarrassed to have my in-laws stay with us. It was NOT worth the savings. BYW the view from one of our bedrooms was to the elevator where everyone got on and off ALL NIGHT LONG. It was more than a little annoying and we had to keep the blinds pulled the entire time. This bedroom had the pull out couch. As you can see you cannot get to the closet or use the dresser when the bed is opened. What a pain this was with kids. We had no privacy and with people walking next to your window all hours of the night we felt very uncomfortable and worried about our safety.

13 Thank dazzlingdiamond
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2009

Stayed at Cypress Harbour during Thanksgiving week. Great location. Even though it's near Sea World(we could see a rollercoaster from our balcony.) park noise were barely audible from the balcony.Fully equipped kitchen,jacuzzi tub in the master suite, and twice daily housekeeping. My villa was one of the largest I've ever stayed at. Resort staff is top notch,responsive,friendly and of course very knowledgeable about what to do and where to go in the city of Orlando. Will stay again in future visits to Orlando,Fl.

Whickham, Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We booked this accomodation after reading numerous reviews on tripadvisor. The resort is exactly as descibed in the reviews. It is truly stunning. The villa was amazing. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Living area including dining table and a fully equipped kitchen. The villa also had a washer and dryer which was invaluable during our two week stay. The master bedroom had the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in excluding our own bed at home. The jacuzzi bath, which was part of the open plan ensuite bathroom for the master bedroom, was another stunning extra which helped to ease our aching muscles after a day spent walking round the parks. There was also a screened balcony from where we enjoyed watching the numerous squirrels playfully fighting each other and leaping from tree to tree on the nearby golf course. As previously reviewed, the staff at Cypress Harbour are very helpful and friendly. We had a very minor issue one morning but within half an hour there was somebody at the door to resolve the matter. I would most definitely recommend anybody to stop at this resort and can definitely see my family returning to the Cypress Harbour in the future.

2 Thank GLSA19
Kennesaw, GA
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I had reservations through an on-line vacation rental service for a smaller condo at a higher price when I read some scary reviews written by fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. Based on those reviews, I cancelled my original reservation, then began the process of reading other reviews, searching on-line pictures and making calls trying to find a last-minute week during Thanksgiving break for a condo to accomodate my husband, six-year-old and sister-in-law. With it being a holiday and my son's sixth birthday celebration, I really wanted to pick a great place. When we stay at hotels, we generally select Marriott properties, but were leery of a vacation property, as we have absolutely no interest in a time-share. The property looked beautiful on line, but I didn't want to be harassed all week to purchase.

To my delighted surprise, the villa was exactly as pictured, conveniently located (we had a car, so I can't comment on the travel options they offer) and, well-appointed. Our son not only enjoyed the Marriott activities and kids' night out offered, he asked to do another night out later in the week (wonderful for my husband and me). My sister-in-law and I did a wine tasting in the bar, and even enjoyed some scheduled craft activities on a rainy day.

Our only complaints were the hardest towels we have ever used, and a mattress we found too firm, but they were more than overcome by our overall delighted experience. We received only one call asking if we were interested in a 90-minute presentation, but were not pushed to do so, and declined. If we return again for a stay of more than 3 days (we would not need such a large place for a shorter stay), we'll definitely return.

For families with small children, this is a wonderful option. It's so nice to arrive at a place that looks just as great as the pictures, and delivers above and beyond its promises. Thank you Marriott!

1 Thank PugMamaKennesaw_GA
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Great stay even though we were not in a Disney property which would better since we went to Disney the whole time. But I could not asked for more because Cypress Harbour is quite, beautiful, and clean. Our room is facing the pond view and I heard it might be inhabited by some animals. It was not a big deal but unfortunately, we encountered some problems such as found few water bugs on bed, sofa, desk, and table. I don't really know about water bugs if there are harmful or not, but the good thing that it was not the bed bugs because those are really bad parasites. We informed the resort service staffs about this issue and they acted fast about it but did not entirely eliminate the problem. I hope they can do something about it. But I think they did when they put screens on all balconies in the resorts. I don't know where those identified water bugs come from and why they're able to get inside the room.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mai-ImIt
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Our family stayed at Cypress Harbour for a week in October and had a wonderful experience. The grounds are beautiful and everything you would expect at a luxury resort. The rooms are very colorful and cheerful. Ours had just been renovated (we had a 2 bed/2 bath) and looked clean and new. The pools were beautiful! We came back from Disney each night and the kids had a great time cooling off at the waterfall pool. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family