“Royal Palms was AMAZING!”

Marriott's Royal Palms
Ranked #151 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Royal Palms was AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

Ok, so we arrived at 5pm on check in day (Sunday) GPS had a little trouble finding the correct street, because of the remodel. If it tells you a street that has a closed up old gate, keep going and turn right onto World Drive, it's right there.

Gorgeous property, beautiful lobby/pool - even the pool bathroom was really nice! We had to hit that right away before even checking in - my daughter couldn't wait!

Now we did book this place on exchange w/our timeshare, so we did not go to the timeshare presentation they wanted us to have, but the offer was good. They said $100 disney money. Anyway...

The resort had elevators and luggage carts to take your stuff upstairs, which was GREAT! The resort was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't tell you a THING wrong with the place.

The kitchen had a frige, toaster, oven/stove, microhood, all that stuff. Had pots/pans/bowls, utensils, large spoons and stuff/TONS of storage space. Now our toaster did burn the crap out of everything we put in it but we called and within an hour they brought us a brand new one.

The kitchen counter had 3 stools and the dining table had 5 chairs. The living room had a couch and 3 chairs. The patio was screened and private.

The master bedroom had a sliding glass door like the one in the living room, and both rooms exited to the same patio. The master bed was not "Marriott soft" but the bedding was of Marriott Quality. Two sinks in the bathroom with a HUGE mirror. Jacuzzi tub was great but NOT round as photographed in earlier units. There was a big closet with a safe in it, a shower/toilet area within a separate door.

The second bedroom contained a queen or full size bed and a daybed, a bit small - but it worked. There were tvs in both bedrooms and of course the living room.

Also, your unit does come with a full size washer and dryer. The descriptions I saw said "on property" - but I found that we had our own.

That's really all there is to say except the staff was really great, no real complaints, and I have uploaded some photos but I've got many more to put up. I probably took 30-40 pics.

All in all, it was a great place to stay and I would DEFINITELY stay here again, and recommend it highly!

• Liked — Location - 2 miles from Disney!
  • Disliked — Bed was still harder than I like...but better than some others.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Sandy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2008

We stayed at this property using Marriott Reward points with two children ages 1 and 3. We chose it based on the location to Disney and the kitchen a and 2 bedrooms and 2 baths.

As other reviewers have said, the villa looks great at first glance. Granite countertops, a nice sink, newer microwave and oven/stove really have a wow factor when you walk through the door. The beds look nice. After that, our floors were pretty dingy and we too had mold in our master shower area. Really not acceptable. Most of the unit was clean on arrival, however, the housekeeping went downhill every day. Most I could tell they did was take out trash, replace towels and run the dishwasher with the coffee maker in it. I do not agree with some reviews that the kitchen was fully stocked. There wasn't even a pizza cutter or a measuring cups in our unit. Lots of glasses, cups, plates, utensils, etc.

Our check in was great (around Noon on a Wednesday) and we had a pack and play delivered immediately upon check in. I asked for a high chair that was also immediately delivered. Very nice when you have a one year old with you. We also had a nice golf course view.

We did not use the pool or any other amenities so I can't comment. All in all our stay was fine, but I would not return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Mold in shower area of master bath
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank TravlinTXFamily
massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2008

We stayed four nights at the Marriott Royal Palms in Orlando. The resort is on the property of the Marriott Convention Center and has full use of all of their facilities including the large outdoor pool and an indoor pool as well.The location is perfect for families driving to Disney World. It is on rt. 536 which is very close to Downtown Disney and will bring you right to all the parks without even getting on the major rt. 4. The resort itself is very clean. The pool is nice and we found it to be warmer than the large pool at the convention center. The two hot tubs were nice and hot and clean as well. I was a little worried that our room wouldn't be ready for hours when we went to check in around 3:30,because the gentleman checking in before me had a list of requests for his room. He wanted a first floor room as far away from the pool as possible. The woman at the desk politely told him his room would be ready around 5:30. When I checked in I didn't request anything specific and was immediately given a very nice room on the second floor. Maybe a total of 10 steps up, not a problem at all. The pool area is quiet , most of the kids want to go to the big pool because it has a water slide. The units have all been recently renovated with granite countertops. It looks nice but on closer inspection the cabinets are really cheap laminate and no flat screen TVs. Not sure if I would be willing to pay top dollar to stay here but I was happy to attend Marriott's 90 minute timeshare tour to stay here 4 nights for $199.

• Liked — proximity to Disney World
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mariaw888
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2008

Just returned from a one week stay at the Royal Palms. We were on a mini- family reunion and booked 4 villas with mixed reviews.

On the plus side, the location is fantastic. Very close to disney, sea world and outlet shopping. The units are large and have been "renovated" (more on the renovations later). The beds were comfortable. The men in our group enjoyed the golf course and the facilities at the World Centre are nice ( you had to call for a shuttle bus to get there because they do charge for parking even it you are a guest at the villas).

Now for the negatives. I have to say that the hotel did not set a good first impression because although checkin time is 4pm, half of our rooms were not ready until 5pm and the other half not until almost 6:30. We were travelling with 5 young children aged 4, 3, 2, 1 and 6 months and had nowhere to let them rest. When we inquired at the front desk, they were unable to even give us an approximation of when the rooms would be ready, citing "it's different every day" and refused to even try to find out. We could not understand how difficult it would be to call housekeeping to get this information.

As far as the renovations go, on first glance the rooms looked quite nice. The kitchens appeared to be recently painted and countertops and blacksplash may have been upgrade. Upon closer inspection, there were many problems. In three of the four villas the outdated dishwashers leaked in leaving a puddle of water in the middle of the kitchen, one of the refrigerators leaked. Throughout the villas things were not completed (eg: electrical outlets loose or not working). Not a huge deal, but the inattention to details was obvious. Again not a big deal, but the clock radio was like the one my parents used in the early 70s! After the expense of going through a "renovation" to modernize the place, they did not even bother to change the clock radios. I am aware that I am nit-picking but these details just affected my overall impression of the resort. Outside of maybe the kitchen countertop, the rest of the renovation did not feel very luxurious.

The other issue I had was the cleanliness of the units. The carpets were obviously seldomly vacuumed. Our first day there the kids' feet were black after running around the carpet for an hour. The most bothersome was the brown and black mildew all along the bottom of the shower curtains in the bathrooms. When we mentioned it to housekeeping, they tried to clean it with a bar of soap, initially denying my request to have the curtain replaced. After some insistence they did eventually replace it. However, in my sister's room she decided to avoid this bathtub but made no mention of it to housekeeping. After a whole week, the mildew was still there. It just seems that the staff do not pay attention to details.

We go to Orlando once or twice a year and would most likely not return. We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on I-Drive last year and loved it, beautiful units and a much more luxurious feel. We chose Royal Palms this year because of the ability to use World Centre facilities and the advertised "complete renovation". In the end we still had a great time on our vacation, but would not return to Royal Palms.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank welovetravel
Houston Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2007

We had a wonderful, absolutely glorious stay at the Royal Palms.

The newly refurbished units and the use of the Marriott World Center main hotel amenities, makes this our favorite.

Very close to Disney.

We booked directly with condo owners and got a great rate. We found it by going to google and typing in RPalms. Compared with AAAA and expedia, we got a better deal, the only thing is you have to book weekly, starting on either a Friday or Saturday or Sunday.

• Liked — The whole resort and use of the resort hotel amenities
  • Disliked — Went we had to leave, because we wanted to stay another week.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TUGhil
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

This property is in the middle of a renovation..(a badly needed one..)

I am a travel professional and was hesitatant about staying at this property based on passed reviews. At check-in I requested an upgraded unit. We were SO pleased with our unit. Luxurious linens on the beds, high end upgrades, granite countertops. Beautiful! I am an extremely picky traveler, and believe me you won't be disappointed.

The front desk staff was so helpful (even before they knew I was a travel agent.) and always went out of their way to assist. You can also purchase your park tickets right in the lobby, very convienant.

All units have a screened in porch or balcony which is very nice too.

Stayed September 2007
5 Thank DivaGirl100
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2007

Stayed in newly redone unit 4270. 3rd floor unit overlooked the golf course. Excellent space, nice decor, 2 bed/2 bath, full kitchen, W/D, LR/screened patio off. Easy check in/out. 4pm in out by 10am. They have changing room/shower near lobby. Small pool but a 3 minute shuttle brings you free to the marriott with a super size pool, slide, hot tubs. We had a problem with the oven the first day(element caught fire on new stove) and they replaced stove in 10 minutes. I guess they were happy I contained the situation. Location is perfect and less than 10 minutes to all Disney Parks.

• Liked — great space in units
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends