The Floridian Hotel and suites is a small (for US standard) hotel, a 2 star accommodation.
I was ever so thrilled to have an ice machine at the end of the hallway, just like in the movies! You can tell I live in the UK, where asking for ice you might as well be asking for gold nuggets in your drink.
It's reasonably clean, I did find a hair in the bathroom, but so did I in a 5 star hotel last December, so I didn't say anything.
Good: clean, huge parking lot, non smoking wing, close to Universal and very handy from the airport, near the I-4 and Florida Turnpike which you'll use a lot if you're driving out of Orlando regularly, nice swimming pool, continental breakfast with selection of pastry, cereals, juices etc, HBO, a PC in the communal lounge where you can print as well, free local phone calls from the room, which came in handy. All receptionists seemed to speak Spanish well, as most of the clientele was spanish speaking.
Not so good: damn wi-fi is useless, you can never get it in your room; it's so weak that even in the PC in the lounge is sometimes nonexistent. seriously sort the wi-fi out guys, nowadays people need it. Receptionists sometimes cannot be bothered, not all of them, but still, make an effort a bit more especially with directions. Air conditioning in the room is ancient, and so incredibly noisy that I couldn't keep it on if I was in, only put it on full blast when I was out and turn it off or put it on fan only when I got in. No one to help with luggage in or out of the car, even when I asked.
I guess you get what you pay for, and if you want cheap accommodation to save money and give it to Disney and Universal, then it'll do the job well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is conveniently located one block east of International Drive just minutes from Universal Studios, Sea World, Walt Disney World, Pirates Dinner Adventure, and many other area attractions. We are a 129 room, interior corridor hotel, and our standard rooms feature two queen beds. We also offer our Junior Suites with a two queen sized beds separated by a kitchenette. We are located within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Orlando and the I-Ride Trolley. Our hotel offers a Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. Relax in our lobby with a Complimentary Cup of Coffee available 24 hours a day. We also have an outdoor swimming pool and a lobby computer for your enjoyment. Our friendly and helpful staff will welcome you and assure that you and your family have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Floridian Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn International Drive
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Orlando Baymont Inn
- The Floridian Hotel And Suites Orlando, Florida