“Fairly priced for the quality”

The Floridian Hotel and Suites
Ranked #217 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Floridian Hotel and suites is a small (for US standard) hotel, a 2 star accommodation.
I was ever so thrilled to have an ice machine at the end of the hallway, just like in the movies! You can tell I live in the UK, where asking for ice you might as well be asking for gold nuggets in your drink.
It's reasonably clean, I did find a hair in the bathroom, but so did I in a 5 star hotel last December, so I didn't say anything.
Good: clean, huge parking lot, non smoking wing, close to Universal and very handy from the airport, near the I-4 and Florida Turnpike which you'll use a lot if you're driving out of Orlando regularly, nice swimming pool, continental breakfast with selection of pastry, cereals, juices etc, HBO, a PC in the communal lounge where you can print as well, free local phone calls from the room, which came in handy. All receptionists seemed to speak Spanish well, as most of the clientele was spanish speaking.
Not so good: damn wi-fi is useless, you can never get it in your room; it's so weak that even in the PC in the lounge is sometimes nonexistent. seriously sort the wi-fi out guys, nowadays people need it. Receptionists sometimes cannot be bothered, not all of them, but still, make an effort a bit more especially with directions. Air conditioning in the room is ancient, and so incredibly noisy that I couldn't keep it on if I was in, only put it on full blast when I was out and turn it off or put it on fan only when I got in. No one to help with luggage in or out of the car, even when I asked.
I guess you get what you pay for, and if you want cheap accommodation to save money and give it to Disney and Universal, then it'll do the job well.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking if that's what you want. Might avoid the rooms over the pool, as it can be n...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
The_Floridian_Hotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Dear Lilla099

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you felt we were fairly priced for what you received. We will address your concerns over the wi-fi, a/c unit and our front desk agents. We will use these comments to improve our hotel and our services.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments, and we hope that if you are ever in this area again you will return and stay with us!

There are newer reviews for The Floridian Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 25 June 2011

We have stayed on many International Drive hotels, but this one is a class apart. Don't let the non-descript hallways and exterior fool you. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and very neat. The linen and towels were fresh which is not always the case with other hotels in the area because of the traffic international drive hotels see. We had a comfortable sleep too. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Travel_Maverick182

Dear Travel_Maverick182

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share them with our team members. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is excellent. Myself and my mates came here last September on a trip to Orlando. The package was excellent value (flights and hotel = €800). The hotel is down a quiet street running parallel to I-Drive and just off Sand Lake road. This is a perfect location as you're a stones throw from I-Drive yet you're not stuck in the busy and traffic filled I-Drive. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy, especially the room. The room were very spacious (the room comfortably fitted three big Irish men). The breakfast in the morning was also extremely good. There was a selection of cereals and pastries available every morning. We also used the bread/bagels to make our lunches when heading to the theme parks. The courtesy shuttle bus in the morning also ensured that we were in Universal before twenty to nine. I will definately be back to this hotel, regardless!

Room Tip: Use websites such as expedia.com
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Me and my Family stayed for two night, we were going to the Mardi Gras, so we got a good deal for that weekend of Mardi Gras, for breakfast they serve Waffles, sorted Muffins, Bagels, Toast, Cereal, Coffee, Orange Juice, Hot Chocolate, which was decent, because I am really not a big Breakfast person, the rooms are spacious, bed was comfortable, they just need to get better Covers for the bed, mine had some holes in them, and we were on the 3rd floor and the hallway was very hot, they had the air on, but it was not working, but overall, I would most definitely stay there again..also they need to repaint the building,,,get all the green mildew off the side of the building.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the back area.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank paulap1975
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Hotel was nice, clean, confortable, and very close to universal. Knowing that only pay 42.00 dollars at night i can't ask for more, Breakfast was ok it will last the weekend until 10 AM and the weekedays only to 9 AM and we did not know that..and nobody inform us about it..besides that everything was great. Both girls at the front desk ...Ashley and Denisse where nice and helpful

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rikymiami
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Me and my boyfriend got a cheap package deal to Orlando including flight and hotel stay at Baymont inn and Suites. We knew that the hotel would be nothing spectacular but since we were planning to go out early and return late it suited us perfectly.
This hotel is good for those who only need a cheap place to spend the night.
Baymont inn and Suites is a small hotel with minimal service. The rooms are average size with comfortable beds, tv, safe and coffie maker. We didnt notice any dirt but the aircon was wery loud and might be a problem for light sleapers. There was also a hole in the floor, but it didnt bother us much. The hotel does not have a restaurant but does provide a complimentary breakfast.
The breakfast was not good. You could only get some cerial, bread, butter, jam and cream cheese. Period. But perhaps this is what you get for this price.
Also the breakfast area was wery small, it only had 3-4 tables so that it was almost impossible to sit while having breakfast since many people were fighting over tables.We always ate outside, sitting on the pavement.
The hotel has 1 computer that guests can use free of charge.
The best thing about this hotel is the location. Its right on International Drive, Orlandos main street. There was a short walk to any restaurants nearby as well as the I-Trolley. Each day a complimentary shuttle arrived to take guests to universal studios.
Overall, this is a good budget hotel in a great location and for the price you pay its a good choice if you are going to be somewhere else most of the time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Knur
Reviewed 11 September 2010

The exterior is a bit shabby, but the room was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The amenities were what I would expect in a more expensive hotel -- free wifi, in-room cofee maker, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, etc. The continental breakfast was more than ample -- multiple breads, juices, and cereals, as well as waffles and muffins. I would definitely come bacl.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple