My husband and I decided on this budget hotel because we wanted to keep the trip affordable and we figured we'd be out all day at Universal Studios anyway so we didn't need anything fancy.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Floridian Hotel and Suites. Our room was very clean. There was not a spot to be found anywhere. Two of our towels had what looked like small ink stains on them though. Not a deal breaker. Our pillows were soft, the sheets were thin but sufficient considering the hot, humid weather, the carpets clean, and the air conditioner functioning perfectly. Plus, free HBO!
I'm not sure why people are complaining about the continental breakfast since it's free. We thought it was quite generous - a large selection of juices, coffee, hot chocolate, oatmeal, french toast, apples, oranges, donuts and various pastries, as well as different types of cereal. Seemed pretty good to us. I liked picking up a few pieces of fruit and eating them as a snack throughout the day.
There was also a FREE shuttle to Universal Studios at 9:40 and from the park at 7:30 and 10:00. That was a nice surprise.
The staff was very helpful and kind.
It is a budget hotel that might be too close for comfort to a motel for some people. For us, it served its purpose and was comfortable and clean. We would come here again. It's not super close to restaurants and drug stores so I'd suggest renting a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is conveniently located one block east of International Drive just minutes from Universal Studios, Sea World, Walt Disney World, Pirates Dinner Adventure, and many other area attractions. We are a 129 room, interior corridor hotel, and our standard rooms feature two queen beds. We also offer our Junior Suites with a two queen sized beds separated by a kitchenette. We are located within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Orlando and the I-Ride Trolley. Our hotel offers a Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. Relax in our lobby with a Complimentary Cup of Coffee available 24 hours a day. We also have an outdoor swimming pool and a lobby computer for your enjoyment. Our friendly and helpful staff will welcome you and assure that you and your family have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Floridian Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn International Drive
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Orlando Baymont Inn
- The Floridian Hotel And Suites Orlando, Florida