For the price, this is an extremely good hotel. Located just off International Drive and the entrance to the I4, it's location could hardly be better. The hotel is very clean throughout and has all the basic facilities that you would expect, though the decor appears somewhat outdated. But beware that they charge a sneaky "resort fee" of $5 per room per night, on top of what you have already paid. Please ensure that you take this into consideration before booking with them.
The rooms are extremely comfortable and large, consisting of two queen size beds, a desk, TV, cupboard and a window sill (useful for piling all the junk that you accumulate on holiday). Several reviewers have mentioned that they found the air-conditioning loud; it's the same volume as a medium to large fan might be, so I thought the noise entirely bearable.
The breakfast is extremely basic: bread, muffins, waffles, cereal, apples, bananas, juice, tea and coffee. However, they don't mind if you bring your own food as well.
Overall, if they just added this "resort fee" to my original price instead of announcing it when we reached the hotel, this hotel would have received the highest reviews. Until then, it receives 4*.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is conveniently located one block east of International Drive just minutes from Universal Studios, Sea World, Walt Disney World, Pirates Dinner Adventure, and many other area attractions. We are a 129 room, interior corridor hotel, and our standard rooms feature two queen beds. We also offer our Junior Suites with a two queen sized beds separated by a kitchenette. We are located within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Orlando and the I-Ride Trolley. Our hotel offers a Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. Relax in our lobby with a Complimentary Cup of Coffee available 24 hours a day. We also have an outdoor swimming pool and a lobby computer for your enjoyment. Our friendly and helpful staff will welcome you and assure that you and your family have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your The Floridian Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn International Drive
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Orlando Baymont Inn
- The Floridian Hotel And Suites Orlando, Florida