“"Good for the price"”

Ranked #218 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“"Good for the price"”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Great Location, close to Universal and Sea World parks. Clean Rooms and free parking. Close to International Drive and all there restaurants and amenities. If you want to save some money and have fun with the Orlando Night life this is the place for staying.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Radyto
CummingsJohn, Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. The Management and staff takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing soon.

John Cummings

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Good central location, but not sure if you want to walk the area around the hotel. Very good price, but nothing special here. Hotel entrance a little hard to find, and lobby is the breakfast dining room. Front desk almost always empty. Beds had metal inside that plucked and "boinged" any time you moved. Pool is very small but o.k. Very Nice and helpful young man at check in once he game out of the back. Replaced towels for us when we asked. Bathroom walls were dirty and hadn't been cleaned in??? Stickers on the wall in room and bathroom. Price was only thing that was great.

• Stayed August 2014
CummingsJohn, Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback and issues that you had during your stay. I have addressed the issues with my Front desk Team and housekeeping to ensure that they have been corrected. I am truly sorry that your stay was less then a success. Please feel free to contact me directly to ensure that things are made right.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for two week nights in August of 2014 (a Wednesday and Thursday).

Some of the pros: The hotel is super close to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (didn't go to Disney on this trip but looks fairly close based on Google Maps). They provide a shuttle to the park, but we took our personal car both days we were there (free parking). Beds were comfortable and sheets were changed for our second night there. We were given fresh towels each day. Quickly responded to my request for extra pillows. The AC was already on when we checked in and worked well both nights we were there. Our room had a working refrigerator and television. They provide a continental breakfast which was waffles (make your own), toast, one type of cereal (looked like froot loops), juices and coffee. Not great but convenient since it's already included. The pool was nice to dip in after a long day at the parks. It's small but each time we went for a dip there was only 1 other family and there was enough room for everyone. They provide towels but I would recommend bringing your own or from the hotel room since the towel closet they have did not look stocked the times we were there. They have a complimentary computer on the first floor with internet and a printer. Complimentary wifi which worked fine. Mind you, we were on the first floor so we got a decent signal on our devices. I don't know how the signal is from the 2nd and 3rd floors.

Cons: The young man at check in/out could have been a bit friendlier. He wasn't rude, but he could smile a bit more and make guests feel welcomed. The maintenance staff I dealt with did not speak English too well. I speak Spanish so I was able to communicate any requests but for any non-Spanish-speaking guests I could see this as an issue. They charge a daily resort fee of approximately $5 a night. I was under the impression that I paid this fee through my Hotels.com booking, but this was not the case. Apparently you avoid this additional fee if you book directly with the hotel. I'm still looking into this and will update my review once I resolve this, but just be aware.

Overall, we had a positive experience. This is a great place to stay short-term and if on a budget.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank George Q
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Feedback such as yours helps us fine tune our operation on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing again during your next trip to Orlando.

Hico
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The desk staff were very nice but the first room that I had at the Floridian was hot and I thought that after we turned on the air conditioner the room would cool down. The air conditioner was not working properly and on day 3 we finally had to change rooms because you could smell that something in it was actually beginning to burn and the room was miserably hot. Next room we moved to, the toilet wouldn't flush. I had to go to the front desk, get a plunger and fix it myself. Continental breakfast consist of toast and waffles. It does have a nice pool and is close to Universal.

Room Tip: if you notice a problem with your room, change rooms ASAP.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had issues with the room and toilet. I can assure you that they have been corrected. I hope that you will give us a second chance during your next trip to Orlando. Thank you for your business

John Cummings

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is a place if you want to go to parks and just go back to sleep, even know the pool is fine with warm water, the room is ok, keep your AC on, breakfast is Ok if you wake up early, otherwise it will be a long line, If you want to safe some money and go to attractions this is the place.

Stayed August 2014
CummingsJohn, Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Orlando.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I honestly do not understand how this hotel is in business. I wouldn't even give it a one star. The staff is unknowledgeable, and unfriendly. There was no one to greet us for about 20 min at the front desk when we arrived. The room was disgusting, it was dusty & smelled of mold. The hotel is so out-dated, and the pool is a joke. You get two flat pillows, and two thin blankets with holes in them. Not to mention the uncomfortable, hard bed. Check out was less than stellar, no surprise. No one asked how our stay was, just a "you're all set, bye". They don't care about their jobs, the hotel, or the guests. I've NEVER had such a bad hotel experience before. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank ceethevegan
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the property. The management and staff takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations we provide each and every guest that we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we hope that you will give us a second chance the next time in you travel to Orlando. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was an afordable hotel. Nestor at the front desk was extremely helpful and attentive in checking us in. Nestor was very helpful in recommending a place to eat that was nearby the hotel. Do recommend this hotel. Rooms are clean and tidy when I walked into them.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank alvarezs90
CummingsJohn, Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us. I am truly glad to hear your stay was Awesome. The staff and management takes great pride in the value of service and accommodations we provide each and every guest we host on a daily basis. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Orlando.