There were several instances during this stay that resulted in a rating of "2". While none of them were especially severe, there were a lot of things that went wrong for a 3-night stay.
1. Room safe - Since I was traveling with computers and other electronics to a conference and was out of my room most of the time, locking up the valuables was essential. Upon arrival the safe would not lock - would not accept a code. I went through 3 visits to the room from hotel employees, made 2 trips back to the front desk from building 6, and made a 2 phone calls to resolve this issue. Waiting around for them to eventually swap out a safe resulted in missing some of the conference content. I had arrived early especially to attend some of these meetings.
2. No shampoo or shower soap the first night. Not a big deal, but did not notice until 5 am the next morning. Just went without rather than try to track someone down at that hour.
3. Alarm clock set for 12 hours off. Commands to reset the time were not accepted by the device.
4. Coffee pot leaked every time it was used.
5. Air conditioner would not shut off, regardless of the thermostat temperature or the "off" switch. Had to pull the plug.
6. Television lost signal several times.
7. Wi-fi signal was weak - several disconnects.
8. Bathroom door unbalanced. Would not stay open. Had to wedge a wastebasket in the door when taking a shower to let the steam out.
Topping off these annoying items, I purchase a single unspectacular muffin one morning - for $6.50! Only one man was serving at the coffee bar at 7:30 in the morning, so had to wait.
I did register my comments with the front desk at checkout and they posted a small credit to my bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham