First let me say that we have a Wyndham Rewards Membership and are usually huge fans of the brand. Then there was this place…
While this is a very nice-looking property, we encountered several issues which were really just not cool. First, the deadbolt on our room door would malfunction and lock us IN the room. It took us nearly 30 minutes to get out of our room - and that was still faster than maintenance who never did even show up after we called. Second, in-room movies did not work. That is something we were looking forward to - watching movies after wearing ourselves out at Universal. No such luck. Also, our in-room coffee maker did not work (they did bring us another).
Here’s where things went from bad to worse. The entire property is under construction, so guests had to share a single lane (no matter which direction you were going in). The road was blocked off by green mesh fencing which does not even allow you to see if another car is coming – resulting in a few near head-on collisions while we were there. The construction folk must have been working on the sewers, because several times throughout our stay our room would fill up with the foul smell of sewer gas. Not pleasant. And if we weren't grossed out enough, on two of the nights I was greeted by a lone roach chillin’ in the bathtub. Yuck. Also due to the construction, guests had to park on the grass like it was some kind of music festival instead of resort.
Hold on, it gets worse...
Finally – the last day of our stay came (the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend). We had been to the parks on the other days and this was our day to lounge by the pool, since even though it would be crowded, the property has 2 pools which would keep it nice and comfortable. Ah, er, NO, one pool was closed so they could pressure wash the building next to it. On Memorial Day Weekend - with now only a single pool jam packed with people - they chose to clean up for a photo shoot the next day according to the manager. There were no umbrellas left (no towels either) at the one open pool, so we could not stay. Are you kidding me? So their photo shoot is more important than taking care of their existing guests. Got it. This place has a lot to fix before we’d ever consider going there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham