Stayed here for two nights while going to Disney World.
The hotel itself is ok, but the layout is bizarre. It's not so much one hotel as it is a series of 7 to 8 two floor buildings -- think university campus if that helps. This format is a bit of problem if you stay in one of the outlying buildings and need to go to the front desk. Hope you like walking... a lot, and possibly outdoors in the rain.
More baffling about this place is the lack of vending machines. I searched my entire building for one and couldn't find one (both floors), then wandered into another building and had no luck there either. What gives? Finally went to the front desk and they had nothing, but they suggested I wander to building near the pool for a mediocre vending machine that had drinks and no candy. Once I got there, I had to walk back to my building, which took another 3-4 minutes. Ridiculous. This took about 20 minutes -- my gf was wondering if someone got me by the time I came back.
Parking is also a nightmare here. Be prepared to park in the overflow lot, it's a wonder if you can park outside your building. The entranceway in front of the lobby is also a mess, expect to get blocked in.
Despite my rant, I will say this, the place is very clean and well maintained. The pool is also exceptional and well-sized. The location near international drive is also top notch.
That said, I wouldn't stay here next time as I'd prefer a hotel that is all in one building, and with a vending machine -- hardly a luxury. You need to work on that guys. Put something next to the ice machines!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham