I stayed at the hotel because of a convention that was occurring on the property, this is probably my 7th time staying here for the event. Each time in the past there has always been an issue that makes me dread going back, but I return to support the event. This was my first time back after the renovation and I did not have high hopes. The construction around the property can be a little confusing to navigate, but you can't hold them at fault for that. We arrived early afternoon and didn't have to wait long for check in. The counter staff was very polite and obliged me when I asked for 4 room keys. We managed to get a room in building 7 which was the perfect location for being close to both the pool and the convention center.
I will say that upon inspecting the room we did find a baby roach in one of the dresser drawers and underneath the coffee machine. We did mange to find a sock under one of the beds as well as a pair of gym shorts next to the safe. Both of which were old and covered in dust. The bedding was clean and comfortable a the addition of a bean bag chair to the room was a nice touch. The floor itself always felt like there was a thin layer of dirt on it, if you didn't have socks or shoes on it just felt gross. This was definitely a deal breaker for a lot of us as this has been a problem on past stays as well.
The breakfast at the pool side bar was also a nice surprise and we really enjoyed it Friday morning. We went back on Saturday and were completely ignored by the wait staff and we sat there watching as other tables who sat down after us were attended to first. After 20 minutes we just deiced to leave, I felt that we shouldn't have to flag down staff to be acknowledged.
The changes to the convention center were very nice and I thought it was a good upgrade. There was ice water all around the lobby and the convention area and they were always filled and had plenty of cups.
All and all it was a better stay than in the past, but I would not stay here if I were on vacation and not attending an event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham