Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive
Ranked #210 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Fjj”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the hotel with my family. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. There was a very kind and helpful young man in the gift shop named Samuel who gave us an overview of local attractions for my children. The grounds were beautiful...two pools and a nice breakfast buffet. I will come back again next summer

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Felicia J,

We are so happy you enjoyed our friendly staff, beautiful grounds, and delicious breakfast buffet. We are proud to provide exceptional service and amenities, and we’re always pleased to hear from satisfied guests. Thanks for your review—we look forward to welcoming back your family next summer.

Rich Larkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Polish first
Astatula, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am giving you fair warning now. Nastiest staff you will ever meet. Not just to us but other guests as well. We moved out and went across the street to the Embassy Suites. The hotel staff treats you as if you are lucky you get to stay there. They have no regard for handicap, veterans or nursing mothers. There are plenty of nice hotel on International Dr. This is NOT one of them. I have never been so insulted in my life.

Room Tip: The rooms are small with no refrigerator or microwave. The bed was comfortable but the stress level...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank cinderella5252
Dear cinderella5252,

I am deeply sorry to hear about your experience at our resort. I encourage you to contact me at 407-341-2420 or at wyndhamorlandoresort@wyndham.com so we can speak in greater detail. It is our priority to make sure that all of our guests feel welcome while staying at our hotel, and anything less than exceptional service is absolutely unacceptable. Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention, and I sincerely hope that you contact me soon to follow up on the matter.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

When I got to my room the AC was broken and my room remained a constant 84 degrees until 8:30pm (I was exhausted from traveling since 4am that morning) and I finally called to switch rooms- only to get a room that smelled of mildew. The stories from my colleagues were horrifying, including doors not locking, cockroach in their rooms, no shower curtains and towels in their rooms when they checked in, and the list goes on. My room and many others smelled like mildew and because of that several of us had terrible headaches, sore throat, nausea and coughing. Wyndham should be embarrassed by the condition of this so called resort and the lack of organization and planning. There is only one "restaurant" and its a pool side bar basically, no spa...nothing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank navywifeHI
Dear navywifeHI,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are taking care to investigate the serious maintenance issues that you have reported, and can assure you that everything you’ve mentioned will be restored back to the high standards that our resort is known for. We apologize for the extremely uncharacteristic experience you and your colleagues had. As a follow up, taking your issues very seriously, I personally inspected your rooms and your departure and I would welcome a conversation regarding my inspection – please reach out to me at your earliest convenience, 407-351-2420.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having read the reviews before i left i was slightly nervous about our upcoming stay, but am pleased to say that the hotel was perfect for our needs.
The rooms were clean and cool, the swimming pool and grounds were lovely and the staff were extremely attentive and helpful.
The hotel is extremely well appointed and was perfect for us as we did not have a car, walking distance to the restaurants and complimentary shuttle service provided to all the orlando attractions.
would definately recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank justine s
Dear justine s,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the excellent service and many amenities that our resort has to offer, and that you had a wonderful vacation with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Resort with a couple of girlfriends for two nights and we were really impressed! We weren't sure what to expect in Orlando, with chain restaurants on every corner, we really appreciated the trendy lobby bar and the service! The service was outstanding, the staff went above and beyond to take care of us. The rooms were comfortable and spacious, I would definitely stay there again! RECOMMEND.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alison S
Dear Alison S,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit with your girlfriends. We love to hear words such as “outstanding” and “impressive” and look forward to providing the same exceptional service and amenities next time you’re in Orlando. Thanks again—we hope to see you soon.