we stayed at this hotel in February on our annual holiday to Orlando, we originally discovered this then oasis of tranquility a few years earlier when we got engaged on the grounds.
We arrived on international drive to expect to see the iconic Wyndam signa nd the lobby building only to find a construction site and then to discover after we had checked in at the new recption half way roud sand lake road.
we checked in went to our room which was refurbished but not to the best of standards the closet doors were a bright red/orange colour and the carpet was black and white and the lamp was blue and the chair well if thats what you call it was a gaudy red colour also, we put our bags in and went for a walk and walked up passed the pool towards the old lobby to where we thuought we would find the bridge where we got engaged instead what we found was a parking lot, where guess of the hotel wehere parking to avoid paying parking charges which we had been ripped off for.
i was really sad as the wyndham of old was spectacular and might i add its misleading to people on the web site as it still shows all of the old pictures.
i will not be coming back to this hotel i have added pictures to this review so you can see what the grounds used to look like now its a parking lot didnt think i need to put pictures of that on
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham