“Great place for a trade show, convention or vacation.”

Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive
Ranked #211 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Great place for a trade show, convention or vacation.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a trade show. The trade show facilities were very nice. Unloaded my items at the facility and parked the car with no problem. Hotel lobby is very nice and modern. At check in, I asked to change the type of room. Changed both rooms from 2 beds to King and to be on the first floor. She was very accommodating, rooms wouldn't be ready for several hours as I was checking in several hours early. I was OK with that. Front Desk was very friendly about it. The grounds were beautiful! Beautiful plants, flowers, pools and lagoons everywhere. Resort is laid out in a way that even the farthest buildings are a nice, and not too lengthy walk. Pool area is clean and inviting and located right by the tiki bar. The staff at the Tiki bar are friendly and remembered what drink I had when I went back the second night. All hotel staff were very friendly always a hello, good morning! Plenty of parking at the building I was in. Resort buildings are entered through a keyed entry and rooms do have a patio or balcony. No elevators to get to 2nd floor. Rooms are modern and nice accommodations. Free wifi if you want it. Nice transformation to room and bath. Comfy bed, nice size work desk, desk chair isn't the most comfortable but adequate. Plenty of electrical outlets at the desk and nightstands. Big closet with enough hangars. They are pet friendly with large designated dog walk areas, waste bags and drop containers are provided. The tiki bar and hotel bar are nice but not a lot of eating options. Not to worry! Plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. There is some construction going on around the hotel, not sure if it is for the hotel or local municipal infrastructure. It did make getting around a little challenging but not terrible. Was only a problem during business hours. Did have an issue getting into my room one day. My key didn't work, turned out the door lock mechanism needed a new battery. The hotel staff had it fixed within 15 minutes. Very apologetic for the inconvenience. Not a big deal.

I stayed at this hotel for an extra day past the trade show to make some additional sales calls, I'm so glad I did. I had an extra day to enjoy all the beautiful landscape. A great place for Trade show, conference or just to relax which is just what I did on the extra day!

Room Tip: No elevators in the buildings. Rooms seem to be very quite, the room next to me had a family and har...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear RochelleP692,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wyndham Orlando Resort. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay, and even had an opportunity to extend your time with us. Though you were here for a trade show, you can expect the same friendly service, comfort, and convenience when traveling for leisure. As you found, there are plenty of ways to unwind here at the resort, including lounging by the pool, walking the landscaped grounds, or enjoying a bite to eat. And our proximity to nearby attractions—complemented by regular shuttle services—is unmatched in Orlando.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding when things didn’t go exactly as planned. Chances are construction will be wrapped up by the next time you’re in the area, and we hope you’ll consider another stay with us.

Rich Larkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Wyndham has FINALLY finished remodeling! The lobby area is modern now and has a comfy little bar area that opens up to an outdoor patio with tables and chairs. The rooms are pretty standard but tend to be a little pricey. The pool area and location is why you stay here. 2 pools, a tiki-type bar/restaurant with above average food and good drinks, nicely kept grounds and about 25 restaurants within walking distance, a few new ones are even right in the same parking lot.

The resort fee is the typical crap that all of these hotels pull nowadays.

Addressing people's negative reviews..... did the hotel used to be larger? Yeppers. Is the property an older motel resort style (all exterior corridor room access)? Yeppers. Is this Florida and we have more bugs than most other states combined? You betcha! Especially on a property with such lavish landscaping and a duck wading pond. These are hotel rooms where you can walk out onto your ground level patio and walk right to the pool. If that's not you, go stay in a high-rise.

It's a great hotel for families and the pools are large enough to accommodate a large number of guests at one time. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a pool or lagoon facing room with a balcony/patio. Otherwise you just fa...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tim C
Dear Tim C,

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Orlando Resort and taking a moment to review your most recent stay. It was our pleasure to welcome you back after our multi-million-dollar renovation and share all of our new features and updates. It sounds as though you enjoyed all the rest, relaxation, and restaurants that our resort and surrounding area have to offer. We are concerned, however, that our resort fee was a source of stress. It is designed to economically package our most popular amenities—parking, wireless Internet, health club access, etc.—into one single fee, saving guests money and simplifying the billing process. If you have any further questions or would like assistance planning your next stay, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Ok we are staying here on holiday at the moment, so let's start!
Reception area: clean modern feel and spacious.
Bar lobby area: modern very comfy seating, pleasant clean bar area, 2 free wifi computers to use 1 apple 1 levano.
Breakfast area: basic area looks like an unused space so decided to put a breakfast area in a corner. Breakfast very expensive $16.99 per adult $7.99 per child this is very expensive even compared to top hotels in the uk!
Rooms: are clean modern again and beds are the most comfy I have ever slept in the pillows are so soft and luxurious I want to take them home with me...
Soft furnishing in room are good, very mix match though.
Out bathroom has a massive amount of enamel flaked off the bath and rusty around the plug hole now considering they have spent millions on refurbish this bath to me looks like it's been here years!
Bathroom is very small with nice chrome finishes throughout. Ample of nice white towels available.
Disappointed they give you a soap bar for a shower I personally would prefer individual shower gels..
In the bedroom I really would recommend they change the colour of the ghastly red slatted wardrobe doors it really don't do the refurb justice having this big red colour as it goes with virtually nothing it's just not a nice colour to be seeing what should be or wants to be a 4 star.
Now Wyndham your biggest downfall is your corridors to the rooms lovely carpet walls a green/blue colour they are plain and what looks like in uk we call "woodchip" wallpaper, May not be just looks like it.
The corridors need painting a nice light neutral colour with some pictures in the corridor walls, as for the bedroom doors these need replacing, they are plain badly painted white very outdated old must be here as long as the building was built!
Pool: wow lovely pool clean well laid out beautiful sun loungers gardens are kept immaculate.
Fitness gym room: basic but clean an adequate for your needs what you are staying.
The hotel has washers for laundry $3 per wash also dryers same price.
Grounds: yes they are having major building work on the side of the complex it's muddy to drive through, and a bit difficult not what you would expect when you turn up at the hotel, but hey hotels have to expand sometime? And it has not at all effected us. Parking: weekends gets busy but I have always found a place to park near my block. So what if you have to walk a few meters extra to your block, it's not the end of the world!
The resort has several blocks of rooms on 2 floors ground and first! Do you really need a lift to go up about 12 steps to the first floor? I'm sure if you are not able to walk up steps you would be allocated a ground floor it does ask on booking if you need any special requirements!
Staff: our cleaners are wonderful they are welcoming, pleasant and helpful, yes sure they are not perfect, who is?
They have missed putting coffee in my room a few times and not put shampoo in but it's easy to get! The staff are quiet I have never heard them from inside my room. They work very long hours and in my opinion do a great job!
I have not come a cross any poor mannered staff and I have been here nearly 2 weeks.
So all in all a few niggles
Corridor needs updating bedroom doors and that ghastly red wardrobe doors, baths ( well in ours anyway)
The good points far out weigh the bad points!
Would I stay here again
Yes most definitely.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank wolverhampton1972
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Wolverhampton1972,

Thank you so much for sharing such detailed feedback about your stay. It’s no small journey from the UK, and we’re honored you chose to spend your holiday with us at the Wyndham Orlando Resort. It sounds like you found a lot to love, including an exceptionally comfortable bed, lovely pool area, and great service from everyone on staff. We also appreciate your honesty regarding some of the less-than-perfect aspects of your visit. Feedback like yours is invaluable as we consider how and when to update and improve our facilities. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back someday and show you an even better experience here in the heart of Orlando.

Plant City, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

It had been years since I had been to this resort and WOW the transformation. The lobby is modern and updated. But the best part was the front desk agent who checked me in was extremely pleasant. She sincerely enjoyed her job and was wanted to make sure guests had a great stay. The rooms as well are newly renovated with a modern flare. But most importantly they were clean and well kept. During my stay I lounged by the pool and the bar staff again very helpful and friendly which made for a very enjoyable afternoon. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Heather L
Dear Heather L,

We’re so glad you could join us again after so many years. It was our pleasure to welcome you back and share our resort’s new look and feel. “Wow” is exactly the reaction we always hope for, and it’s what we’ll aim to achieve with every return visit, too. It sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay from check-in to checkout, thanks in large part to great service from everyone on staff. If there’s anything we can do to help plan your next visit, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Port Alberni
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was clean and comfortable. The front desk was most helpful and courteous. I'd stay here again. Everything was in working order. I highly recommend eating at Chuy's for Mexican cuisine. After spending 5days in a horrible hotel in Winterhaven, this place is on my come back list.

• Stayed July 2014
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Cyguy56,

Thank you for your recent stay at Wyndham Orlando and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and experienced the excellent service we are known for. Chuy's is a great restaurant and we're lucky to have them as a neighbor. We hope you'll join us again soon for your next vacation.

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I were relieved to find this hotel, after an abysmal stay in Winterhaven. The Wyndham is a breath of fresh air, bright, clean and full of the most helpful staff. We were welcomed at the front desk by Rosangela, who was open and welcoming. Ferried to our room in a golf cart and given a brief tour of the hotel and it's amenities, the driver even offered to fill our ice bucket before leaving us to unpack. Restaurant was great reasonably priced, prepared and presented well, our server was great.
Everything is close at hand with easy walk to the trolly to take you to malls and attractions.
We unfortunately could only stay 2 days after leaving the previous place abruptly we only wish we had checked in here first. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I can't comment on other rooms but ours was excellend
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Chri m,

Thank you for joining us at the Wyndham Orlando Resort and for taking the time to write your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and wish you could have joined us for longer. We pride ourselves on luxurious amenities and exemplary service, and it's great to hear that's exactly what you experienced. We hope you'll join us again soon to pick up where you left off.