I stayed at this hotel for a trade show. The trade show facilities were very nice. Unloaded my items at the facility and parked the car with no problem. Hotel lobby is very nice and modern. At check in, I asked to change the type of room. Changed both rooms from 2 beds to King and to be on the first floor. She was very accommodating, rooms wouldn't be ready for several hours as I was checking in several hours early. I was OK with that. Front Desk was very friendly about it. The grounds were beautiful! Beautiful plants, flowers, pools and lagoons everywhere. Resort is laid out in a way that even the farthest buildings are a nice, and not too lengthy walk. Pool area is clean and inviting and located right by the tiki bar. The staff at the Tiki bar are friendly and remembered what drink I had when I went back the second night. All hotel staff were very friendly always a hello, good morning! Plenty of parking at the building I was in. Resort buildings are entered through a keyed entry and rooms do have a patio or balcony. No elevators to get to 2nd floor. Rooms are modern and nice accommodations. Free wifi if you want it. Nice transformation to room and bath. Comfy bed, nice size work desk, desk chair isn't the most comfortable but adequate. Plenty of electrical outlets at the desk and nightstands. Big closet with enough hangars. They are pet friendly with large designated dog walk areas, waste bags and drop containers are provided. The tiki bar and hotel bar are nice but not a lot of eating options. Not to worry! Plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. There is some construction going on around the hotel, not sure if it is for the hotel or local municipal infrastructure. It did make getting around a little challenging but not terrible. Was only a problem during business hours. Did have an issue getting into my room one day. My key didn't work, turned out the door lock mechanism needed a new battery. The hotel staff had it fixed within 15 minutes. Very apologetic for the inconvenience. Not a big deal.
I stayed at this hotel for an extra day past the trade show to make some additional sales calls, I'm so glad I did. I had an extra day to enjoy all the beautiful landscape. A great place for Trade show, conference or just to relax which is just what I did on the extra day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an idyllic tropical paradise in the heart of America's most popular vacation destination at the newly multi-million dollar renovated Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, located at the epicenter of Orlando's ever-popular I-Drive. This Orlando resort hotel boasts an enviable location in the core of Orlando's premier tourist destination, with exciting changes currently underway, and features lush gardens and romantic lagoons, a delightfully restored and welcoming courtyard area, and a myriad of services and amenities. With Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando within easy reach of this pet-friendly Orlando resort - along with free shuttle service to both of these enchanting destinations - and the Orange County Convention Center just one mile away. From the moment one enters the sleek, inviting new lobby, the changes are at once noticeable and yet elegantly understated. Two heated swimming pools and whirlpools, a state-of-the-art fitness center and a sauna proffer ample opportunities for both relaxation and recreation. With 613 newly revitalized guest rooms and suites, guests will find beauty and serenity. Upscale touches like a pillow-top mattress, plush 100% BeWell bedding, fluffy feather pillows, shower massage and high-tech extras like a 40-inch flat-screen TV, MP3 docking station and on-demand movies ensure maximum comfort. Families with children will delight in the suites which feature bunk beds and play areas, and for a true Floridian experience, the premium rooms offer sliding glass doors with poolside views or direct pool access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive Florida
- Orlando Wyndham