“Not my cuppa” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #113 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Wales
“Not my cuppa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Budget hotel, probably suitable for families with boisterous children but not for discerning adults. Only spent a couple of nights here at the end of my trip and it was very cheap, so my expectations weren't particularly high. I had been spoilt by 12 days in a gorgeous villa and another week in boutique hotels. My priority was to find somewhere clean and comfortable and the refurbished rooms were fine.
But several members of staff proved unhelpful, the breakfast was very poor (go across the road, anywhere else has to be better!) and this huge hotel has no character or charm. At least there were a couple of pools to choose from; giving us more of a chance to escape out-of-control children who only communicated by screaming at each other (mainly Brits I'm ashamed to admit). The bar was probably the best feature, thanks to an entertaining barman.

Room Tip: Worth checking out tips here before you go because I was given a choice when I checked in and hadn...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SunnyDWales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,518)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

paind in advance, BIG MISTAKE, we were not given THE TYPE OF ROOM WE PAID FOR. pictured on the internet is MISLEADING. it was not at all what we expected. YOUNG MALE MANAGER very unprofessional and uncaring about our issues concerning the ROOM WE WERE GIVEN. He tried to make me feel like IT WAS MY FAULT. i recommend he GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN what it takes to be a PROFESSIONAL MANAGER, not just a word etched on a name plate. HE WAS NOT WILLING to address our disappointment with the room and the service we had recieved up to that point. He also blew off our REQUEST for a partial REFUND eventhough the room WAS NOT EVEN WORTH the other half that we are not requesting back.

Room Tip: If you like feeling stressed out, Stay Here.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sammylo
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I went to the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando for a weekend getaway. I had my doubts because at $49 a night, it seemed too good to be true. The hotel was very nice, clean, and updated. Make sure that you try to get a room in the D or E block so you will not be near the helicopter business. I also requested a room not facing I-4. The breakfast buffet fir two is worth the $10 extra dollars a night.

8 Thank hotels027
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed here for 19 nights, June 27 - July 16 2011. Not sure if there is anything I could complain about really. Not much I can say about the service, as we didn't really need the staff for anything but they did tell us a good spot to watch the 4th July fireworks - at Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando. Hotel offers a free shuttle service to Universal Studios, which can be booked 24 hours in advance. They also offer more costly transfers to Disney at $17 per person, but you can catch a public bus to Disney for $2. Rooms were cleaned every day, and often when we had gone back into the room someone would knock and check that the rooms had been cleaned and if it was done ok.

If there is one thing I could say, it is that the restaurant was not great but that was no problem for us as there lots of places to eat on International Drive, we couldn't visit all the eateries we wanted to within our time there! However, the Zebra Sports Bar within the hotel does food which more 'fast food' and their pizzas were great.

The rooms themselves are not massive, but there are two double beds in there with the option for a fold-out bed for kids at extra cost. They are equipped with a 32" flat screen TV, with loads of channels including HBO movies, good sized fridge, iron and ironing board. They are also air conditioned, which is nice when you come in from the heat. But if you plan on spending a long time in your room....why are you in Orlando?

9 Thank Blaze_Dogg
rugby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed here with my 2 daughters last year and to be fair i only had 1 complaint in the 3 weeks i was there and that was for a couple days the pools where swamp with a group of american school kids that where on some sort of summer trip a little frustrating vecuase the days were obviously our kinda rest days....that a side it is 1 off the better stays i have had in orlando and i would recommend it...anybody going must try the unlimited ribs on Mondays at Tony Romas 3 blocks north on I Drive...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank jacko116
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I checked into the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando without booking a reservation - we paid $65 per night. Parking is free and readily available. Hotel has different zones - we stayed in Zone A, later Zone C. Outside appearance is a bit motel-like but rooms are large, fresh, and in very good shape. Both rooms I stayed in (I extended stay but had to move rooms) were exactly the same, with a very clean fridge, microwave. Bathroom was very clean - bathub was a bit worn but not dirty. Good flatscreen tv, free internet wifi which you want in Orlando. Three pools to choose from, however be aware they close at 10pm and no drinks allowed there. We swam in 2 and they were very clean. This is a very family friendly hotel so expect lots of kids in the pool. There is also a pretty big playground for kids that i thought looked pretty decent. Hotel has a free shuttle to Universal which we used - very friendly driver, prompt and quick drive there. There is a sports bar in the hotel that is open late. We did not eat there....because this hotel is all about location - you are right in the middle of lots of restaurants and pubs on International Drive including the Ale House which I highly recommend. We had a problem with our door not closing in our second room but otherwise I can't really complain about much. Bottom line is that this is a budget-priced place for families doing the Disney trip to Orlando. It has free wi-fi and is in a great location. I have seem this place ranked as a 2-star online, but I feel it deserves another star. Very good bang-for-your-buck. My wife and I are clean-freaks and I would go back here without an issue.

Room Tip: stay on the International Dr side - backs onto highway ramp can be a bit loud
10 Thank scotiarae
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed at the Rosen for 3 weeks with my 10 year old son. We had a fab time. I never felt unsafe & didnt find the doors in any way dodgy as has been commented in another review. The rooms are basic & the beds are not quite double but for a budget hotel, the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando is exceptional value.

I found the staff friendly & helpful but as in all businesses, there were 1 or 2 staff that had no interest in doing their job. I remember 1 blonde haired girl who couldn't do enough for the clients but unfortunatley her name escapes me, she more than made up for the slackers.

The hotel had everything you could ask for. A deli for any essentials you may need in a hurry (although Walgreens accross the street was cheaper) with take away food menu A gift shop (in which I purchased a Harry Potter World sorting hat that could not be purchased in the parks as they were sold out) A star bucks that made a pretty great Americano ( thanks ladies, much appreciated after a long day at the parks) & three pools. A bar that did happy hour twice a day & some pretty good take away food. A games room & a large patio area for people to sit & mingle in. Also a ticket counter where you could purchase your theme park tickets. Thats a lot for a low cost hotel I think.

The rooms were cleaned daily & rubbish removed. None of my personal belongings were ever touched. It was great to come back to a nice tidy room after a long hot day outside.

The only fault I would find with the hotel is that they took private bookings for pool 2. That means they came around asked everyone around the pool to leave for maintenance & closed it for a private function. This happened on the second week of my stay & the pool was closed for 2 days & there never appeared to be anyone at it in that time. Then again on July 4 weekend it closed for the evening. The hotel was at full capacity that weekend (or so it appeared) & all 3 pools were full when we were asked to vacate pool 2, which meant we were left unable to go to any other pool. This arrangement was very frustrating to guests.

But with that said I would reccomend this hotel to friends but I wouldn't recommend they stay more than 3 to a room as that, in my opinion, is the full occupancy to a room.

I hope you have as great a stay as I did.

Room Tip: Ask for block C, close to amenities & very quiet...This is a huge hotel complex
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank 086sim
Rodewayinnintl, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear 086sim

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond with insightful comments about our staff and our amenities; we will enjoy sharing these comments with our associates. It is through comments like yours that we strive improve the service we’re providing our future guests. We hope when travel plans include a return visit to the Orlando area you’ll once again consider staying with us again.

Thanks again for your comments ~ we look forward to serving you soon!