“Has to be the best value in orlando”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 22 June 2012

First off, this review is 100% honest. It only cost us 550 euro for a room for two weeks in june. We expected it to be as basic as possible because this was one of the cheapest on i-drive.
Check in was quick and the staff were very helpful, no deposit needed. All the hotel is completely spotless and landscaped really well. It's the cleanest hotel any of us had stayed in.

The rooms were also spotless, beds were really comfy with a tv and loads of room for clothes and suitcases. Having the extra bed for a fifth person took up a lot of the room though so keep this in mind. Beds were made every day and sheets cleaned regularly. The cleaning staff were really good, they work from about 8 until 11:30, i think, every day. Theres always fresh towels and also some shampoo, body wash and moisturiser left.

The location was also really good, right outside the iride and lynx buses stop and theres a taxi company running taxis from the hotel too. Theres a few good shops like hollister and victorias secret across the road plus a cinema, tickets are about a tenner.

For food we never ate in the hotel so couldn't review it. Would definitely recommend Sizzlers for breakfast, only 4 dollars for a buffet breakfast that's really nice, drinks about 2 dollars. Theres also pizza hut, these two are basically in the hotel grounds.

The pool area's really nice and they have a towel hut with fresh towels all day, so if you had no room in luggage you could leave your towel behind. They also have kids entertainment on about every second day and a a games room and snack shop open 24 hours. The only negative was the walk from the reception to our room, it took about seven minutes but it wasn't a big deal, just ask for somewhere close to reception if you wouldnt be able for the extra walk after parks or shopping.

Overall I'd definitely have no hesitation recommending this hotel to any of my friends or family. We were amazed at the value we got for our money and we'll definitely return. I've read the negative reviews and i don't think they reflect the hotel at all, not since the refurbishment anyway.

Room Tip: Try choose one closer to the reception and on the international drive side to avoid long walks or hi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank amy2011
Write a ReviewReviews (8,174)

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed for three nights in July and had my expectations exceeded by this fantastic property. The room looked like it had been recently refurbished and was extremely clean. All the staff I encountered were extremely courteous and professional. Be aware, though, that the property is a complex of several large buildings, and your room may be a good distance from the lobby. My room was in building E, and walking was often a hassle, but was really the only bone I had to pick.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank mattdogg
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We booked this through a today show steals and deals. The hotel is older but recently renovated except for the bathrooms. The grounds were well keptand the location was great. The bathtub was awful and it's pretty loud with I4 right there. We did not try the dinner buffet but the breakfast buffet was nasty. The pools were nothing fancy but nicely kept and landscaped. All in all not a great hotel but it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed here for two weeks what a great place immaculate inside and out with superb staff, without doubt the best end of international drive lovely green landscapes unlike the more industrial end of idrive, the hotel has everything you need and permanently visible security makes you Feel safe, will definitely stay again when we have the pennies, thanks for a great stay rosen!

2  Thank bosephus
Reviewed 21 June 2012

As I said in my phone call from Dublin, Ireland, I would like to say to the ALL the staff how much me and my wife enjoyed staying at your hotel, how clean the rooms were, how kind and helpful the staff are, the bar staff the cleaning staff, the reception staff, all that work there, I being to Orlando before and the hotel I stayed in ! is miles behind your clean and great people you have working there for you, So thanks again for all your help and I will be telling my friends and family were they should be staying, next time there in Orlando, Me my wife and her family will be making our way to the Rosen Inn next year, so thanks again and keep the good work up,.

Room Tip: Block A B or C Great
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David_Arkins
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed for three nights to do Universal Studios on a tour of Florida, we picked this hotel fot its location on International Drive and the trolleys that run down to the theme parks. It was more than a pleasant surprise, th room was bigger than expected with a great shower and a small kitchenette containing coffee machine, microwave and fridge. Everything was very clean and you could park practically right outside your room. Check in was speedy. There is a nice bar and restaurant on site that we ordered food from and took to our room as we were very tired!! There is also a small convenience store that sold a little bit of everything from beer to bagels, great for grabbing a cheap and quick breakfast.
Across the road is Pointe Orlando and its many bars and restaurants, even a cinema. You could base yurself at this hotel and never eat at the same place twice, a winner in my book!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Loobie06
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I have been to 4 different hotels in International Drive and this one has to be the worse!!!

Firstly I went on my Honeymoon and made them aware of this and ended up sleeping in a seperate bed from my wife. The beds are too small for 2 and can't be put together.

The Shower was bad. It kept going Hot-Cold-Hot-Cold.

The Breakfast was $18 for both of us and it was disgusting. The Bacon was just fat with little specks of meat. The coffee was rotten. The Pancakes tasted like Eggs. I could go on and on...

When we complained, we were given the bill and no apology.

Every hotel I have been with have provided free buses to the Parks, but they charge $18 per person. So we had to pay $36 every time we wanted to goto a park.

We where on the fith floor and one of the lifts were broken for almost the 2 weeks we were there.

The WIFI was terrible. Dispite having 2 different iphones and a ipad, we had trouble connecting and when we managed to connect, it was really slow. The last 2 days we could not connect at all.

The shared balcony was busier than the street. Kids running up and down it constantly.

The Help spilled our mouthwash all over the place and didn't clean it up.

We had to go find out at the last minute when we were to Check-out and when our Transfer was coming. Normally this would be given to you the night before, by form of a Telephone call or a note under your door.

The Check-out was at 11am, normally it would be 12 or 12.30pm.

The only good things I can say about the hotel is that it's in a good spot. It had a Fridge, Microwave, Iron & Safe.

My Advice is there are alot better hotels on International Drive for the same money!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go to Rosen Inn!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GND4EVER

We are disappointed to read about the problems you experienced while with us. We wish we had known about these issues sooner in order to accommodate you properly, ensuring you a pleasant stay. We thank you for your comments. The issues you mentioned are being reviewed by our management team. It is through hearing such honest customer feedback that we are able to improve our services for the enhanced future enjoyment of our guests.