“Great hotel”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #111 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have now stayed in this hotel twice, once in 2008 and then in 2012 when the Rosen brand took it over. I had read the reviews and was a little concerned at some of them, however i have to say i cant think of a single negative. The rooms were clean, small fridge microwave, coffee maker etc. Beds were very comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly. Ate from the buffet restaurant a few times fior breakfast and dinner. It was fine Not fantastic but convienent and cheap. The bar does some good food too and we ordered these meals a few times too when we were too tired to go out. There are 3 pools, clean and well maintained from what i saw, however did not use them much. Internet connection was great.
I think this hotel is all about the location. Several well known places to eat right outside the hotel , several good pubs across the road, wallgreens across the road and a small shopping centre and cinema across the road. I am going back to I Drive this year and i will be staying in the sister rosen hotel just up the road because friends had booked that before we decided to go . I would definatly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed at the front of the hotel, facing the car park. no issues.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank tricia44
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We appreciate your review tricia44! It makes us very happy to know wonderful guests such as yourself enjoy what we have to offer and plan to return in the future!

Thank you!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel yes the room is a bit tired but was clean, air conditioning was great and it is all about the location. It was spot on we could walk out for a nice meal or a cheap meal or a quick meal and go for a drink easily. Recommend millers opposite great prices on beer and food. We used the lite bites it was great to grab a quick breakfast. We also tried the hotel Buffett breakfast it was fine but wouldn't say it was great.

Hotel pools were great always clean, always sun beds available and perfect for a few hours chill in the sunshine.

We requested a room facing international drive which is what we were allocated in block D it was perfect really quiet plenty of parking by it.

Reception staff were ok didn't like changing travellers cheques just told you to spend them like cash which is fine but I wouldn't ask if I didn't want it changing then if you pulled a face they would do it which slightly irritated me it seemed like they just couldn't be bothered.

We did get a late check out on our last day we went for a shower and there was no water a quick call to reception and it was sorted in 10 minutes. Would I stay again definitely already looking for next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Feelingnuts
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you Feelingnuts! We are glad that you enjoyed your trip! We cannot wait to see you again. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please let me know!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just stayed 6 nights in Rosen Inn at Point Orlando. The girl at check in was a bit distant and looked like someone that would have preferred to have been somewhere else,,,maybe a pub or bed. I requested a room up high on block A or B having read some reports on TRIPADVISOR about the road noise, my request was granted which I was delighted with (well done Daneshea). On the second night we decided we would eat at the restaurant and when we arrived there was a sign saying 'Please wait to be seated' so we waited for 5/6 minutes and there was no one coming so we went into the carvery and waited there a couple of minutes and still no one came, my wife said come on and we will eat somewhere else, so we did. We went across the road to a Thai restaurant (@Siam) big mistake...ignorant staff...average meal....over priced. Anyway back to hotel...Rooms very clean, Staff over all very friendly, Lovely pool (3 actually)...No life guard which I found unusual...one night a group came from New Orleans and all into the pool together....to many too loud and then a child nealry drowned.Police Ambulance all called.pool closed..........child survived TBTG. If a pool attendant was there they would have been more controlled. Anyway..I think the location of this hotel is FANTASTIC......I-ride (Trolly) just outside the gate stop 23. Great value...buy your ticket from American Larry (there are 2 Larry's LOL) in hotel information desk (Lovely man). Make sure to buy ticket for as many days as you are staying its cheaper...if you do not have a car. We bought a 7 day ticket for 9 dollars massive value....Please note if this is your first time to Orlando/Disney then ride the I-ride all the way from stop 1 to stop 42 and back again. You will see all the restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues on the way...it will give you a better feel for the location quickly. Would I stay at this hotel again.A BIG YES.......Well done Rosen. Sean in Ireland. p.s. be sure to eat at Houlihans next to hotel..lovely food good value

Room Tip: Block A or B 4-5-6 floor facing pool. Close to reception and away from Interstate. Quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Sean M

Thank you Sean M for the review! It sounds like your visit was very eventful. We hope that you will come to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend both in our twenties just got back from spending 2 fantastic weeks in Orlando and this hotel set the tone for the holiday from the start. Great welcome at reception and they had also followed through with my request for a poolside room as opposed to a room facing the highway. Got a nice welcome pack with some coupons and our room was lovely and clean. It can be a bit loud if you're trying to have an early night because you can hear people at the pool and outside but that's better than facing a highway if you ask me, it didn't bother me in the slightest. The 24 hour snack bar is handy although I'd try and get milk and things either at Walgreen's (which is across the road and to the left about 100 yards) or Wal-mart if you have a car. The guest services counter at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and can't do enough for you with any ticketing,park,transportation query you may have, To be honest, we didn't use the restaurant or bar in the hotel due to always being out and about on either I-drive or the parks but if they're anything like the rest of the hotel I'm sure they're great too! That leads me to my final point of the location of the hotel is spot on as well. Across the road is a Walgreens for any food you may want for the room or souvenirs, as well as Millers Ale House which is a great place to eat and drink along with an I-Ride trolley stop outside the hotel that connects you with all the attractions on I-Drive and Sea world. We did also take advantage of the hotels complimentary shuttle service to Universal Studios and found it a money saver and nice addition to the holiday. You do have to book it the day before which I have seen many people moan over on trip advisor but don't see why that's such an issue. So overall a great place to stay and will definitely stay there again upon our next visit to Orlando.

Room Tip: E-mail the hotel beforehand and request a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Daniel_SM9928UF

Wow Daniel_SM9928UF! We are glad you had such a great time during your visit! We look forward to your next stay! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or requests!

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The rooms are nice and cosy with great beds, there is a fridge & microwave in the room but no cutlery or dishes. The staff in the hotel however are extremely rude and very uncaring of their guests. As this was our first trip to Florida we were often unsure of the best ways to get around or where to go. When we asked the staff at reception and/or the transport desk they would talk to us as though we were stupid and just tell us to get a taxi outside the hotel. P.S do not use their taxis they are very expensive and you can get a cheap taxi anywhere on i-drive for at least 5$ less than town & country taxis. However, the woman working in the smooth java cafe shop was very helpful and told us that the truth and best ways to get around rather than trying to grab as much money from us as possible like the rest of the staff. Will not be staying here again solely due to the poor service and concern given by the staff.

Room Tip: we stayed in block D level 6 which had a great view of Disney fireworks at night and the sun setting...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jade M

I am very sorry to hear that your encounter with our staff was less than satisfactory, Jade M. There are in fact many ways to travel International Drive outside of taxi services that are more cost effective, such as the IRide Trolley. I hope that is experience does not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me at the email address below if you wish to further discuss the details of your stay.

Again, I apologize and thank you sincerely for your review.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

we stayed here may 30th- 13th june 2014.check in was quick, rooms are nice and kept clean every day, the staff are friendly especially the lite bite staff. young Ivan is a lovely guy,mark who does karaoke is brill, sang us a lovely song and had us do our first dance together with a guest taking fotos for us.the lite bite is a great 24hr place for insomniacs like myself always having coffee ready during the nite,.all in all good place to stay,shuttle service to parks was good,free for universal studios and there were 4 different times for pick ups going and returning,for disney it was $17 each and u could stay at park as late as 11.30pm.. My only complaint was there were too many kids groups staying at one time (think about 900),couldn't get into restuarant in morning for breakfast as they took over it from 6 am, and had to step over them in lobby cos they were all sitting or lying all over the floor space while waiting on their buses during the day, and when they came in at night, and some of them had no manners for other guests.But it has not put me off staying here again..

Room Tip: ask for C block,at the front of hotel,it is near reception, G block is a good distance from main par...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marie c

Congratulations on your marriage marie c! We are honored to have been a part of such a wonderful memory. We wish you all the best and hope that you will stay with us again for years to come!

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's just shabby...Not for discerning adults...it has very few,if any, redeeming features. It needs reorganising..too many guests for the size of the breakfast room. The hype that Mr Rosen spouts every time you turn the tv on is a joke. The coffee maker must be the cheapest on the market and I think that you can judge the rest of the hotel by the standard of this device. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

John Y, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for our short comings during your stay. It is unfortunate to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with our hotel. If you would like to discuss your stay with us in detail, please reach out to me at the email address below.

Thank you for your review.