“Fantastic place to stay, gets better each time”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #112 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for a week commencing 28th June 2014, we have stayed a number of times and this place just gets better and better. It is a 3 star hotel but at the top end of that. It is in a brilliant place opposite Wonderworks and Pointe Orlando shops which has a Victorias Secret and Bath and Body Works and places to eat and drink. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance including TGIs, there is also a Walgreens opposite. Now for the hotel, our room had two double beds both with new memory foam mattresses and spotless sheets and bedding, it was the best sleep both of us have ever had and we intend to now buy a bed like this. The rooms are not huge but big enough, with a fridge, microwave and coffee machine. The room was kepy spotless and would like to thank Luciana E for this, she was wonderful, always had a smile, kept the room immaculate and always stocked up on the free coffees, sugars, cups etc, we left her a few dollars each day to show how grateful we were, they really do appreciate this. There are three pools, one near to our room which again was spotless, there are lots of staff always making sure pool and surrounding areas are clean, the sunbeds are superb and there are plenty of them.. They have a well stocked shop for food drinks etc and an outside area with a fan where you can sit and eat, we never ate in the restaurant so cannot comment on this, but the shop had superb salads. There is a nice bar although not always open during the day. I really cannot fault this place, we will return as you just cant beat it for a 3* hotel, far far better than any of its rivals, it is well run, spotlessly clean, nothing is too much trouble, i thoroughly recommend a stay here, especially if you are not hiring a car as you can walk to lots of places, there is also a free shuttle to the parks. Fabulous hotel, well done.

Room Tip: my tip is book this hotel if you are on a budget, lovely place to stay, the rooms around the pools a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ELLIEWickfordEssex
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

ELLIEWickfordEssex, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you came to stay with us (AGAIN)! We can’t wait for your next visit—it will be the best one yet!

Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks here with my 2 teenagers. This was our 2nd visit.

Check in was quick and efficient. Our room had 2 'double' beds although they were a bit narrower than what I would really call a double, but they were comfy enough. Our room had a TV, microwave oven, fridge and a coffee maker. The decor was in good condition, and the rooms were clean. The maid visited every day, making beds and replacing towels.

There's a small shop on site which is pretty well stocked, although it isn't the cheapest shop in town. It is convenient though, but Walgreens is just a 5 minute walk away and cheaper for pretty much everything.

There's also a restaurant on site, but it's really not great. This is what stops me from giving the Rosen Inn a 5 star rating. The problem is I think that the Rosen is a BIG hotel but the restaurant isn't all that big and yet the hotel often hosts large parties of schoolkids from all over the world. This then leads to, for example, 100+ kids all showing up for breakfast/dinner at the same time. This is not ideal for a family looking for a quick bite. However this isn't a disaster as there are loads of other places to eat within a 5-10 minute walk. Sizzlers is literally right next door and offer a far better and cheaper buffet breakfast. (Tip: there are loads of places offering free books of vouchers. Almost all of these will include a 20% discount voucher for Sizzlers).

The hotel is situated right on International Drive, the main tourist strip in Orlando. The Drive is well-served by the I-Ride trolley bus, which runs a 20 minute service from 8am. This goes up and down International Drive, serving Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet 'N' Wild. Hotel reception has an entertainment desk where you can book seats on the bus to Universal Studios and Unviersal Islands Of Adventure. This needs to be booked at least a day in advance, although you could also take the I-Ride as far as Wet 'N' Wild and take a 15 minute walk from there. One benefit from staying here is that a hire car is not really necessary - pretty much everything is within reach of International Drive and the I-Ride.

One extra tip - if you want to visit amusement parks (who would go to Florida for anything else?) then my advice would be to go early. Get there for opening time and you'll have time to have a shot on almost every ride before it starts to get really busy. If you show up at 11am or later you'll spend a long time in the queues!

Really good hotel for the money. Clean and comfortable, and a really good location.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room facing the I-4 interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank KirklistonSteve

Thanks for staying with us KirklistonSteve! We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the great tips for theme park goers! The earlier you start your day the more you’ll get to enjoy all that Orlando has to offer.

Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here from July 3 for 2 weeks. The rooms are a good size with 2 double beds and they are cleaned every day, and clean towels are also provided on a daily basis. The room we had did appear a little 'tired' but with spending so little time in the room it doesn't really matter. There is a large TV with a good choice of channels a microwave and coffee machine also provided.
There is a shop open 24 hours on site selling food and a souvenir shop also in the building. The bar was ok, and the food in the restaurant food was good.
The hotel is in a great location with easy driving to all parks 10-15 minutes to Disney which was the longest.
If in Orlando again would certainly consider staying here again

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mick l
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you very much for the great review mick l! We really appreciate you letting us know about your visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you visit Orlando.

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for 10 days and wish it was longer. Room has everything we needed, housekeeping kept the room immaculate and the ice machines at the end of the floor were a godsend. As was the car parking facilities.
All the staff were friendly and security always had a friendly wave and smile when opening the gates.

Only issue we had was a group of teenagers running around and prank calling in Spanish. Security dealt with this promptly and efficiently. When I spoke to the hotel reception I was informed that the group should have had their chaperones with them. Whilst this isn't the fault of the hotel I feel that they should maybe review their policy on this.

Having said that, really enjoyed my stay and would go back no problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors facing away from the Highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Johnwe74

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel Johnwe74. I am very glad to hear that Security was fast acting in resolving this matter for you. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope this means that we can expect another visit from you soon!

Thank you for staying!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have just been for 14 nights with my family. The rooms are good clean and have a fridge and a microwave,and free wi fi. I do think we paid over the top for our stay with our travel agent. There is a problem with the plumbing as our toilet would keep blocking. The last time this happened the plumber blamed us for putting to much paper down.never had this problem in Orlando before. we had to use the toilets down by the pool many a time so this was not good.I have stayed at many hotels in Orlando and I drive and the is a lot better for around the same price. Look around before booking.our booking was supposed to be with food but was told this was not included, I am so angry about this as it put extra cost on our holiday. The hotel was not bothered about this at all. So checked the price of meals and they were so expensive. If you stay here just go out onto I drive to eat. Also the pools are too small. I would give this hotel a 5 out of ten.

Room Tip: I asked for a different room and the staff would not change for me. good luck
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank psmth2005

psmth2005,

I apologize for any short comings you faced... Please feel free to contact me in regards to anything you would like to discuss further. May I ask, did you happen to have the opportunity to speak with a manager in regards to the room change? Thank you for your feedback... We do appreciate all guest verbatim. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 for 14 nights from 28th June. We found the check in to be swift. We had emailed in advance to request a pool room and had been informed this was sorted, although on arrival it wasn't. The desk soon rectified this and they did say that a pool view room wouldn't be quiet. So we were placed in block E facing the pool. The guy at the desk was quite correct it was rather noisy as the pool was open until 10pm, however it was the I4 highway running behind that was noisy all the time, but we soon got used to it and we were so tired at night it was not an issue. The room itself was clean and had 2 double beds. It was a little compact, especially the shower and bath area, my husband is tall and the shower was not above his head! The hotel grounds were spotless and the room was cleaned daily with refresh of towels. We used the hotel shop a number of times and thought the prices to be fairly competitive. The take out pizza from the shop was also well priced and very tastey. We had this a few evenings as a light snack. We used the coffee shop a few mornings when we didn't feel like a full breakfast and had a muffuns and fresh coffee. We used the hotel breakfast only once and in the end we used Sizzlers across from the hotel as we found it to be better value as we had Kids Eat Free cards, so the 4 of us could eat and drink for under $20. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus to the Universal Studios and IOA parks, which was excellent, the only thing being last pick up from the theme park is at 8:10pm, when the park is open to 10pm it is a bit of a pest, although if you are there for opening it is a long day. The also did go to Seaworld, however the booking staff politely suggested we use the iTrolley as it would be quicker as the shuttle has to go to Universal first. So we took their advice. We had a free 3 day pass we received with some attraction tickets and then we actually purchased the iTrolley 7 day ticket from the desk as it was the easier way to get up and down international drive. We used the hotel service to book a shuttle to Disney too. We did have to pay for this at $17 pp return we felt it was worth it as we could chose our pick up time, meaning we could see the fireworks at Disney. I note that many people had said to get the itrolley and then the linx bus, but we were happier to use the hotel service. We only used the hotel pool a few times and mainly in the evening after returning from the parks. The pools are quiet during the day as the vast majority are out and about. So as a base we found the hotel ideal. We had no car and note that it sits up the quieter end of idrive. We thought the location was great as there are a number of places for entertainment and eating around the hotel at very short walks away, Houllihans, Sizzlers, Millers Ale house to name but a few. We always found the hotel staff to be curtious and helpful and if all you are looking for is a place to crash after sampling the delights of all Orlando has to offer you can not really go wrong. We have returned home and we have the hotel lost and found staff on the trail of our little boys comforter which we think was mixed up during a bed change with the luandry, so here is hoping that they find it. All in all nothing to complain about really, although you might find the beds a wee bit too soft!

Room Tip: I believe rooms facing idrive to be a quieter option than the pool I4 facing rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Kokonuti
Management response:Responded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful and informative review, Toots77!

I really appreciated reading every word of it... and I believe our future guest will as well! Thanks for providing all the insight! We hope to see you travel back to the delights of Orlando again soon... W'd love to have you stay with us! Safe travels to you and your family!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed until the 2nd July.
Most of the reviews cover the issues.
Air con
Lack of sun beds
Strange bathrooms

My main issue were the amount of Puerto Rican summer groups of children! It was awful. Everyday at breakfast, they crowded the room, were loud, rude. They are hard not to miss in their matching coloured tshirts. I really don't understand why the hotel mix hard working family holidays with noisy groups of children.
They come back and use the pool at night until close 10pm, shouting and screaming. Never expect to get an early night.

Not opening the swimming pool until 9 also annoyed me slightly, as we wanted some pool time then to go in lunch, it was cut short with a later opening hour. The beds fill up by about 09:15 as well.

Pros - location
- food
- ample parking
- comfy beds
- brill thomson rep
- quick check in

For the price, I may come back, it's what you pay for really. Good value if you are literally just using the room for some kip. But next time i may try the plaza next door or a higher star rated Rosen hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 1612. It faces towards the pool and away from the highway. It's on the 6th flo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abzee269
Management response:Responded 18 July 2014

We appreciate your review and feedback. I apologize personally for the timing of your stay with our large tour groups. We welcome you back for a stay with us in any of our 7 sister properties... Please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us excellent!