We stayed here for 11 nights in August as part of our honeymoon (not very glamorous I know) but we just wanted somewhere cheap and convenient to visit all the theme parks. For what you pay for this hotel is really good - the rooms are a good size and quiet. Our room was right by one of the pools and facing the highway (exactly what I'd asked not to have in an email sent previously, but it didn't matter in the end) but once the door was closed and the jet-engine-like air con was on you couldn't hear anything but that! I slept with earplugs every night. Housekeeping did a great job too.
location is great if you have a car. Originally we were going to get to the parks via the Lynx buses, but decided at the last minute to extend our car rental and it was definitely the best decision. Whilst the hotel isn't that far from the parks, the journey itself apparently takes a good hour and you have to make a couple of changes. We didn't try the free shuttle the hotel provides to Universal either because you have to reserve places the day before and we didn't know what time we would be getting up!
We only ate here for breakfast and we found it to be the best breakfast we had in Orlando. $8 each for a buffet is great value, and the food was all excellent with brilliant variety. Some of the service wasn't brilliant, but any problems we had were quickly dealt with.
The only problem we had was on our last day we got back to our room to find a maintenance guy clambering all over our sink and a security lady in the room with him. We asked what was happening and apparently he was doing "essential maintenance work". Another guy then burst into the room along with another security guard. I was really unhappy about not being told this was happening, and also that he was climbing all over our stuff with filthy trainers and picking up things like our toothbrushes with dirty hands. The man at the front desk was quite helpful and the manager then came and spoke to me. He was very apologetic and gave us a breakfast voucher to compensate, but hopefully they are changing their policy to make sure that guests are informed when work is being done in their room just as a courtesy if nothing else as it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise.
Overall this is a great hotel. If you're in Orlando to do the theme parks, all you need is a place to dump your stuff and sleep and this place more than does the job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel brings you style and comfort at a budget friendly price without sacrificing amenities or service. A top-class and affordable Orlando Convention Center hotel does not have to cost much. We also offer free, gated parking. You can also Rest Assured(R) that our prices never include a resort fee. The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando hotel is the best choice for a value International Drive hotel. All guestrooms have deluxe accommodations and access to many hotel amenities. Wake up to a Starbucks(R) coffee and fresh-made smoothies at Smoooth Java. After a day at the park or of meetings, gather with friends for karaoke, drinks, and dinner at Zebra's Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy a variety of food at our buffet-style breakfast and dinner restaurant, the Plaza Garden. Our onsite Lite Bite Mini-Market/Deli sells snacks, drinks, sundries, and toiletries. Planning a meeting or special event on a budget? Our sales team is ready to assist you in drawing out the details of a rewarding program in one of our spacious meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotelopia and Odigeo so you can book your Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Plaza International Drive
- Quality Inn Plaza Orlando Fl
- Quality Inn Plaza Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn
- Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando Florida