“My favorite place to stay in Orlando (because I found the way to make it great)”

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Ranked #111 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times over the last several years, and have found a few ways to make my stay enjoyable. I love the location and value. The recent upgrade with pocket doors separating the bath from the bedroom was great for sharing a room with friends on different schedules.I also like how every room has a microwave and fridge at no extra charge. Saves a lot on food. Although it looks like a fancy hotel, it's still a Quality Inn, with the service (or lack thereof) to match. With a little patience, it is well worth it, if for convenience alone. Turn left out of the parking lot, and Universal's parking lot is five minutes with little traffic. Turn right, and Seaworld is a few minutes. Keep going to the right (sorry I can't do cardinal directions on Orlando), and you hit an outlet mall, and after some apartment complexes, I drive deadends into a street that leads you to World Drive (a less traveled way to Disney Parks). First off. search for quality inn plaza, not the regular choice hotels site. Look at their packages and value dates, as these are sometimes, but not always, a great deal. Search also for "Orlandough ", as this package has a lot to offer. When you book, do not get poolside, as it is highway side. We like building c, as it is away from the noise. The pool is average, and there is a very overpriced minimart on premises -better to use the Walgreens across the street. There is also a nice area with shops, restaurants, and movies across the street. Hotel is dog friendly for $10 night. We usually go to Orlando a few times per year. We stay here unless it is booked. I have never paid more than $50 for a room (plus pet fee), although we do not travel in the summer season.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eeyore63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,557)
  • Finnish first
Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed 9 May 2010

We arrived at this hotel with 2 small children and our parents only to find they had no record of our booking. We had transferred our holiday with Thomsons from a villa to this hotel (due to ash cloud etc- this hotel was all that was left for our dates and we had to pay £150 more than our villa for a shorter holiday). after 10 mins, they found us 1 room as they said that was all that had been booked. after i explained there were 6 of us, and showed them in black and white our booking for 2 rooms, they finally gave us another one 5 doors down on the same floor.
this hotel is huge, with 5 buildings, so after finding our block, we walked onto our corridor to be greeted by... the highway! no word of a lie, our view was of 8 lanes of heavy traffic. the noise in the bedrooms was unbearable. we immediately phoned down to change rooms, but in the whole hotel there wasn't a free room.
our room had a disgusing musty smell in the bathroom, my parents room had a broken coffee maker, and the sliding door between the kitchenette and bedroom came off its hinges and onto my dad as he tried to shut it! reception admitted we were in the 'noisy' part of the hotel and offered us 2 rooms in the quiet part- funny how they can magically find available rooms- only to find these were opposite the bar, which was holding a karoke evening and was full of US teens on spring break, clearly having a great time round the pool.
so we took the original rooms on condition that everything was fixed the next day. needless to say after 2 days of complaints, we gave in to the fact that nothing was going to be fixed or repaired, so we ignored the faults, noise and stink and got on with enjoying our overpriced, shortened holiday!
did the hotel ruin our holiday- no, because we went for the theme parks which were fantastic. would we stay there again, never in a million years and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless you are a lorry driver and used to sleeping at the side of the road (which all the brochures fail to tell you!)

4 Thank Sjeddy
Northumbria.
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Stayed Easter 2010 for two weeks wife spouse and grand daughter. Most things which can be said about the Plaza have already been covered by previous writers and I support their positive comments. The Plaza is an excellent base when visiting Orlando and has transport on the door step which removes the need to hire a car. The rooms are clean with towels and linen changed daily. The restaurant serves buffet meals at breakfast and dinner but is closed for lunch as most residents are out for the day. The restaurant allows children aged 9yrs and under to eat free, when they eat with a paying adult. There are several restaurants within walking distance and I would recommend "The Cattlemans Steak House" if you fancy a good steak.

The hotel is suitable for wheel chair use and the less mobile. All the floors are level with lowered kerbs in the grounds. Lifts to all floors, wide doors but the bathroom / toilet may be a bit of a squeeze. I did not see any obstructions which would hinder a wheel chair. Once off the hotel premises, the surrounding foot paths, shops and restaurants all seemed to have suitable access for wheel chairs and mobility scooters.

The Plaza is a good base for all the parks and as this was our first visit to America we found the hotel staff friendly and hospitable. I would recommend the hotel as a base if you do not want to drive as there are bus stops at the hotel entrance and taxi's waiting at the door. The Plaza is located near to Interstate 4 which means a fair amount of traffic noise if you are on that side of the hotel. The road is busy every day for 24 hours. However, after a day at a theme park, we all slept sound and did not notice the traffic noise. I would return to the Plaza if I visited the area again.

3 Thank ChopsyNorthumbria_
london
Reviewed 2 May 2010

rooms were nice size, clean with all the furniture that you need.
reception staff were nice and polite.
only thing if you are light sleeper ask not to be put in block E with pool view as i4 runs just behind and can be a little noisey, the receptionist was willing to move us the next morning, but we got used to it.
would stay there again.

gainesville
Reviewed 26 April 2010

If going to Orange County Convention center(older one) you're within walking distance. Nice rooms haven't tried the Hotel's resturant or lounge but plan to on next visit. Rates are very reasonable, half of surrounding hotels and nicer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2010

My check in & check out were quick and easy and the staff members made me feel like I was their best customer. The location was easy to walk to the Convention Center, restaurants, and other attractions in the area, but it was convenient to stay right on the property, have dinner or pick up supplies. Parking was close to my room and the rooms were clean. I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed at this location in October for 2 weeks and having stayed at other locations on I Drive i would definately recommend the Quality Inn Plaza. The location is excellent just across the road from the Imax Cinema, Pointe Orlando which has great shops and restaurants, Wonderworks and also the Bahama Breeze, proably the best restaurant on I Drive. Most other facilitys are just a short I ride away. Back to the hotel the rooms are clean and spacious enough without being 5* and the staff are friendly and helpful. The swimming pool isn't great but Aquatica and Wet & Wild are only 5 mins away by bus.

Some tips for I drive and Orlando, to get to Magic Kingdom and Disney without paying the $16 the hotel transport charge, take the i Ride south/north depending on where you are coming from to I ride stop 32 opposite Sea World/ outside the Rennaicance hotel, then catch a Lynx 50 bus, this costs around $3 altogether each way for adults and kids ride free.

Also if you are in decent health and not there during the extreme heat you can actually walk to Universal studios from I Drive. This is about a 10=15min walk and saves hanging about for shuttles which aren't always regular. To do this take the I ride to Wet and Wild and walk to the intersection of I Drive and Universal boulevard at the north side of Wet & Wild. From here cross over to the opposite side of the road for W&W and then cross again towards the Ihop restaurant, after that head west up Universal boulevard and you will end up at the drop off point of the shuttles within 10 mins

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple