“Not so great”

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
Ranked #323 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have previously stated at this hotel before but it has gone downhill from then. In the 5 nights i stayed there, my room was only made up once and nothing was cleaned. Had to call everyday to get fresh towels brought up. Beds were broken and wonky! Fridge did not work and when i asked for it to be fixed- only worked one day. Complained several times to the reception who were already inundated with other complaints. Manager Julisa was very rude and did not care about the problems. Was moved to three different rooms during the stay, two which had been slept in or were filthy. All ice machines on all floors did not work. Was very disappointed with my stay as i chose this hotel based on my last experience which was great. Guess thats what you get for what you pay

3  Thank AnonyP
Write a ReviewReviews (1,633)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Obligated to make an extended stay in Orlando recently.Considering we would be in town over a week, this place was cost effective. Considering the pricing, I honestly wasn't expecting much, but how bad could a "Resort" in Florida be? Um.....pretty bad. This place has the creepy feel of an abandoned hotel in a war torn country. IF the place had been abandoned in 1982. Literally , like rabbit ear television.Ddnt know it still existed.You are lucky if u have 4 somewhat clear channels to choose from.One of which will be a Disney propaganda channel.Another of which will be a Spanish channel jewelery store commercial glitching out.The room decor is straight up odd. Really dated, even by like, Low end Motel Standards.The room had a really grimey feel to it. Like, I am sure housekeeping would come in and replace my stock white, YMCA type towels and empty the baskets.Maybe change the linens...maybe,..but I would'nt want to guess at the last time the carpets had been cleaned.Or even vacuumed. I made it a point to wear sandals in the room.On the positive side, the A.C worked well. Making the room an icebox at least felt a little more sterile.Haha. On the second night, the A.C broke down of course.But luckily, the maintenance guy I ....communicated with (Language barrier being an issue) managed to solve the problem.He couldnt tech solve the problem with the A.C, but actually went thru the trouble of uninstalling the industrial sized unit and swapping it out with another room's unit.Mind you, this guy ddnt speak more than 6 words of English and had to be all of 18 or 19 yrs old.So, him improvising to help a guest in need was truly appreciated.None of the Five ice machines worked.I paid for internet access (3rd party) but you can only connect with 1 device....so internet on phone, but not laptop.Cldnt find a number for "Hotair" customer service to try to fix this, and the hotel staff had no idea how to remedy this.Other than to say, "Maybe try again tomorrow". HAHA! Really? The tennis court clearly hasn't been maintained in years...the net is half torn and hanging.Grass growing from cracks in the court.Not that the facility has any equipment anyway.The pool and hot tub are really old models and over chlorinated. (Which I don't mind at a place like this)Nice water temperature at least. Description of hotel, has to be from when it first opened, Which again, HAD to be the 70's, early 80's.There is no Tiki bar, There are no restaurants on site. I would bet that this place was a foreclosed property, that someone is taking a gamble on restoring/renovating because of the location.Well, Sir or Ma'am.Best of luck, but there is SO much work to do.Just a really sketchy vibe right now.Also saw police on site more than once.I do sympathize with ownership. The low rates will sometimes attract shady people. (Yet, also harmless dopes like me.Trying to stretch a buck) But at the same time, you dare not have higher rates, because ppl would laugh in ur face or riot. Anyway, Good luck to the owners and staff.For any future guests, it's an experience, anyway.Think of it as a hole in the wall motel, a place to sleep only, while filling ur days and nights with Disney and such, and its bearable for what it is. But, if you are looking for a "resort" experience, you will be upset.

3  Thank RedViper3
Victor C, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We appreciate your feedback. We will look into this and work to fix any and all problems in the facility.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in, desk staff were very rude and much more concerned with chit chatting with friends and on personal phone calls than helping the line of customers. Took nearly 30 minutes for check in. As we entered the room, there was a very strong odor of mildew with numerous nats flying around. The floors were squishy and the bedding was stiff and smelled musky.
Our ac did not work properly and we were told that we could not switch rooms because of overbooking issues. The tv was fuzzy, no clear channels. 5 floors and NONE of the ice machines worked. Was told by front desk staff to walk over to the next hotel and get ice from their machine.
The breakfast consited of warm milk, stale cereal and stale bagels/bread with a bucket of butter that people would scoop their fingers in because they were out of silverware.
On the second night, I began choking and heavily coughing in my sleep from the putrid smell. By morning I was throwing up and light headed. We finally left and paid to stay at another hotel. NEVER again will I step foot in that hole in a wall. Don't waste your money. That place is a health hazard.

1  Thank Crystal K

Thank you for responding. We are working to get our front desk staff in line to take care of the guests the best way possible. We are also working on getting the ice machines up and running.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I booked this hotel for two nights for my mini vacation in June. The staff was not professional at all, the room smelt like mildew and wet dog! The carpets were filty and the bathtub had hair all over it! My son is asthmatic and I did not stay the other night and even though I was told I would get a refund for the one night I did not stay, I never got the refund and when I called the hotel they kept putting me on hold and asked to call back 3 different times to talk to a manager which I never got to speak to after a week of trying they told me to send an email to the manager which I did and never got a response! I'm still trying to get my refund as of this day! I do not recommend this hotel at all!!!! It's old, rundown and the pictures they show on the website are fake because the hotel does not look anything like that! The pool is old and the deck to the spa had loose wood boards that I almost tripped over! Worst experience ever!!!!

1  Thank Ladyang78

As you can see we are going through several renovations. We are working as hard as we can to get the property up to our satisfaction.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The Very professionals personal Very Helpful to Me And Guest ThankYou! Kristal C the pool including. hot tub. very. nice the rooms very clean. Breakfast needs help i believe this could profit the property on website

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robinson R

Thank you for responding. We really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the most rundown, horrible hotel I have ever stayed in. It was absolutely awful. Very rundown, very noisy, extremely poor service. We had 5 people staying in the room, but we only got clean towels for 3 people, so we had to go get more every day. They were stingy with the pillows also. The hotel safe was broken and so was the door to the entertainment center (straight out of the 80's). The TV was vintage 80's also. Stains all over the place. To call this place a resort is the height of Irony!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarlaCSmith

Thank you for your feedback. We are working to get every single one our rooms in tip top shape. We realize our furniture is older, but we are working to get newer furniture for our guests.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is run down shameon booking . Com
Mold all over my bathroom
Chipped paint all over
3 different styles of lamps filthy dirty.
Shower dirty
Just god awful
Next door to ymca noisy whistels and marco polo screams all day no rest here

1  Thank pagrif12
Victor C, General Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are very sorry you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. Due to the renovations at our property, we are trying to work on the property and take care of our guests the best way possible. This is the first, Im hearing of mold in the rooms. We inspect our rooms twice before selling them to our guests. By notifying the front desk, we are able to fix any problems our guests may encounter. Again, thank you for your feedback.