“Great location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Ranked #156 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying at Doubletree. We came so we would be close to the hospital for my Mother-in-laws early morning surgery. Our stay was perfect and the surgery went better than expected

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We are so happy to hear that your mother-in-law’s surgery went better than expected and hope that things continue to go well. Thank you very much for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, we’re glad that our location worked so well for you and that your stay with us was a wonderful experience. If you are ever in need of accommodations again in this area, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Loud and frequent train noise throughout night. Patron noise in halls at night. I really have no idea why the minimum review is 200 words. I'll remember that and not respond the next time. The lobby and restaurant area of the hotel is very good. I didn't use any of the pool or exercise facilities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Although you have expressed an appreciation for our hotel lobby and restaurant, we regret that sounds from outside your guestroom were a disruption. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that one day you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was not pleased with the overall stay. The staff were very friendly, but the rooms were at best average. I found the non-room charges excessive (parking, and especially the restaurant, charging $17.00 for a very mediocre breakfast). The lack of complementary coffee and tea was particularly disappointing. All-in-all, not a good value, and very atypical for a Hilton property.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It is truly disappointing that your overall stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are grateful for your feedback and we will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our 2 boys while we were having our home remodeled. Everyone at the hotel was accommodating, friendly and made us feel so welcomed. David at the front desk, Tony in the restaurant, everyone was super.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

It was truly wonderful to read your review and learn that your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown during your home remodel exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your praise for our staff; it is always our goal to deliver exceptional service. We hope that if you are ever in need of overnight accommodations in the area again, you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for a few nights on business. Despite the reviews, there are some real pluses to this hotel: the staff I met were fantastic - from Henrik (who checked me in and who is the only Hilton employee ever to have told me how my (complicated) name appears on the system so I wouldn't have trouble with the wifi - to the room attendant on the 9th floor to the servers. Full marks to all of them! I also loved the little gym. It's very clean, lots of towels and iced water and the equipment, whilst limited, is good and more than enough for a stay. The pool and sundeck is great but underused. I also liked the breakfast service. The freshly made omelettes are great.

However, this is quite an old building and it shows. My junior suite room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was immaculate with a great shower. The furniture was new and perfect. The bed, mattress and pillows all great. However, the walls are thin and the doors bang.

The rail road track, for me, was no problem. I was overlooking it and no I didn't use the ear plugs (hate that idea in case there's a fire alarm). On my first night I was awoken by the train but after that I just didn't notice it. Actually, the bell on the train is quite a quaint old fashioned noise of bygone years and I quite got to like it!

The downsides for me are:
1. The restaurant is windowless and badly lit. It's actually quite depressing sitting in there alone on a business trip! It needs to be sorted!
2. The dinner food is okay but not amazing and given that there isn't so much as a fast food restaurant within walking distance that's a problem. The wine choice is pretty rough and ready too!
3. There are no shops within walking distance
4. If you're noise sensitive then I guess the trains would be a problem but a greater issue are the thin walls and thin interconnecting doors.

I stay in hotels at least 3-4 nights per week and would stay here again and would recommend it but with some 'health warnings' as per the above.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We very much appreciate your descriptive review of your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we were delighted to learn about all the things that you enjoyed about our hotel including the staff, fitness center, and the comfort of your room. Thank you for sharing with us those aspects of your stay with which you found less desirable. Our hotel is always grateful for feedback so that we may continue to make improvements to our future guests experience with us. The next time you are visiting the area we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel is nice and the staff is really nice as well. That being said, you should not stay here unless you have to do business downtown. There are no restaurants within walking distance. If you are "lucky" enough as I was, you get a room on the side near train tracks. Train whistles and the rumble of trains woke me up on two occasions. Perhaps I should have used the free earplugs.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Although you have shared an appreciation for our hotel and staff, we regret that not every aspect of your stay was as you had hoped. We were sorry to learn that the sounds from the trains were a disruption to your sleep. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are grateful for all our guests’ comments.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was looking forward to a good night sleep. Alas, the thin walls carried the loud noise of unruly neighbors into my room. Outside my door down the hall a light gave off an irritating buzz. This hotel needs to improve on sound reduction.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is truly disappointing to learn that sounds emanating from outside your guestroom were a disruption to you. When staying with us, it is our hope that our guests will make us aware of any concerns they may have so we can address them immediately. It appears we did not have the opportunity to do just that and we regret any inconvenience. Your comments are appreciated and we hope to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.