DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
US$144
US$121
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$351
US$281
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$101
US$94
US$316
US$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$195
US$615
US$492
1,481 results
All reviewsdouble treetrain noisewarm cookiesamway centerself parkingcorner roombusiness tripbreakfast buffetclose to downtownvery nice hotelgreat roomnice stayper dayupon checklobbyvaletstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The noise level was high from elevator nearby, freeway noise, and people in adjacent room. After flushing the toilet water continued to run off and on. Not at the standard of other hotels in this group where I have stayed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

It is disappointing to learn that there were several aspects of your stay, which affected your overall experience. We truly regret the noise disruptions that may have influenced your valued time with us. Thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments. One day we hope to have the chance to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

While I was at the Double Tree I found everyone friendly and helpful. When I drove up the young men at the valet parking where very helpful in the directions on how to park my car. The restaurant staff was pleasant and helpful each morning at breakfast. The lunch buffet staff served us very well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing such nice comments about the staff at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. Providing incomparable service to our guests is a top priority for all of us here. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our associates aided in creating a memorable experience for you. The next time you are visiting the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This hotel unfortunately is a little tired. You wouldn't necessarily notice it in the public areas but the rooms and hallways need a good cleaning and refresh. Febreze will only get you so far.

I was in Orlando on business and was fortunate enough to book a Junior Suite. Upon closer inspection I now understand why I got a good price. The complimentary earplugs in the bathroom should've been the first indicator that this room/hotel had some issues. Unfortunately it's near a busy highway, a busy street and a railroad (toot...toot). Sure, I could've changed rooms but my other compatriots had the same issues. I hunkered down and dealt with it.

Note to hotel, earplugs are great but how do you hear your alarm in the morning?

One thing that I noticed in my hotel room that I think exemplifies the type of fixes throughout the hotel was the mirror in my bathroom. Instead of the mirror being inside the frame, the frame was glued to the mirror. Weird right? Not a big deal, but that is some interesting jerry-rigging.

I would pass on the restaurant as well. Slow service and mediocre food at best. Note to hotel, make your breakfasts the best they can be. It's usually the first meal a visitor will have. If it's lousy, you've lost them for lunch and dinner I'm afraid.

Staff as always were great. I have yet to have any disparaging remarks for the staff of any hotel I've stayed in. They work their hinders off and put up with all sorts of shenanigans from people all over the world.

I must give a shout-out for the valet personnel. Outstanding. Car was always ready as promised. "Yes Sir!", "How was your day Sir". These guys were on it.

All in all I will probably not go back to this hotel.

Ditch the Febreze and break out a can of paint and some new wallpaper. It's time.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, ask for a room that doesn't hear the highways and the train...maybe higher up is best. I was on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review; we are very grateful for your candor and feedback. Although we were disappointed to read about your impressions of the room, we are happy to tell you that renovations are currently underway. Updates are being conducted two floors at a time with more work being completed each day. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments and we would like to thank you for your kind remarks about our associates. One day we hope to welcome you back and surpass all your expectations.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I always find staff interaction with the Doubletree, as with all Hilton properties, to be exceptional. They aim to provide the best guest experience. They are available to solve any problems that arise. I highly recommend Doubletree Hotels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown and for your recommendation for DoubleTree hotels. Our Associates strive to provide the utmost in care and exceptional service and we’re grateful that you have acknowledged their efforts. The next time you are in the area we hope that you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a very convenient easy to access hotel. Much cheaper than other downtown hotels and just as nice. Short cab ride to downtown attractions. Plenty of parking. Wonder views of the surrounding area. Ask for a room away from I-4 if traffic noise bothers you. Did not bother us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your visit to the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown and we are very glad you considered our hotel to be a good value. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and learn about their experiences. Thank you so much for your comments; we hope to welcome you back soon.