“Outdated”

Quality Inn at International Drive
Ranked #224 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been coming here for 10 years now and frankly they have remodeled nothing. They did give it a paint job and put pavers around the pool. I noticed they changed drapes and carpet and tv have been updated!!!!!! People don't get me wrong the staff is awesome and they do try to keep it clean. Chairs at pool are totally in horrible shape not enough loungers either. I asked management about a update and was told as long as we make money we will just update a few things and paint when needed but guys it's like putting lipstick on a pig. You must not update anymore it's time for a remodel. I know this maybe taken as a negative but know I'm not the only one seeing this I used to meet friends here and they told me the won't go back till it's remodeled . I will comeback either way I love the layout with this location and hope if they remodel that they don't move poolside views! Have a great day and enjoy life!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel was exactly what I needed. Spacious room set up for both business and relaxation. Very clean, service-minded and friendly staff, pretty outdoor pool and hot tub even though I didn't have time to use it due to packed work schedule. I plan to bring my grandson to Disney World next year, and use this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A clean room, friendly staff, and close proximity to many areas of interest: this La Quinta provides excellent value. Gabe and the team make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive and they are always willing to help. The pool is quiet clean and even has a bar open most afternoon and evenings. If only the towels were bigger!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

a good value hotel in a good location if want to be near International Drive and close to Disney and Universal. A particularly good pool and well furnished large rooms Nice breakfast and friendly staff

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had stayed two nights in this nice hotel on 05/13/2014 to 05/14/2014.Check in was fast and easy front desk lady was very nice and helpful with information about I Trolley, restaurants around etc.We had a pool view 3rd floor nice view at night!! Quiet Hotel!!! Breakfast was good(wish it had eggs and bacon then it would of been PERFECT) loved the waffles!! Pool area was nice, It has a clean big pool area it even had a baby pool (which we will use when we come back with our kids) Pool area had a Tiki Bar that's a plus!!! great bartender !good fruity frozen drinks!! yummy!! and the Tiki bar stays open til 11pm was a BIG plus!! stop by after long day at parks had a nice drink!!! Hotel is very close to I trolley stop (18) you can walk right to stop from hotel short distance!! Beds were ok we had a 2 double beds the mattress was alittle warn down but not to bad! rooms were clean and the housekeeping ladies very nice. The Housekeepers kept this place clean!!! We saw pool guy clean pool not just skim the top of water he had pool tools cleaning the bottom, the sides of pool etc!!! Very nice house keepers !! We will definitely stay here again!! TY TY for the nice enjoyable stay. Da Williams Family approve's this Hotel :) we will be back!!!

Room Tip: get a pool view its pretty at night!! Tiki Hut open til 11pm!!! near I trolley stop 18 short walk
1  Thank GGandRay
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for four nights as we visited the theme parks and water parks. Because we were out most of the day and only really used the room to sleep, it did the job but it wasn't great. The first room we were allocated felt like it was situated in the car park as the large ground floor window looked straight out into it. That, combined with a connecting door to next-door, didn't help you feel relaxed. We asked to change rooms and got one on the third floor. Much better privacy and view wise but the air-conditioner was leaking water onto the carpet, oh well. The room itself was clean but everything was pretty old and shabby - our sheets on the bed had rips in and our pillows were lumpy. There is also a noisy freeway behind the hotel that you could hear in the room.

Good points: reception staff & taxi guy were great. Breakfast was OK and there was always room to sit and plenty available.

Our advice: ask for a pool side room - this will avoid noise from road and avoid you feeling like David Blaine in a glass box in a car park.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stay at LaQuinta Inns and Suites 8300 Jamaican Court (International Drive walking distance) and you will not be disappointed. Such a caring, professional staff. Truly take their work seriously. Appreciate the four times I have stayed there. Never disappointed. Also, one great outdoor swimming pool. Truly a great deal. Better yet, join the LaQuinta Returns program and start earning rewards.