“Top-Notch Staff”

Ranked #86 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Top-Notch Staff”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is my second time staying at this beautiful property & once again they have blown me away. Their staff is the best of the best! Rooms huge & very clean. It is obvious the staff take huge pride in their jobs!

1 Thank Angela M
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you very much for the nice review of our hotel. We are pleased that your hotel experience for yoU was memorable and comfortable. I'll be sharing your review with our whole service team. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post the review and we do hope that you'll be a guest with us again in the future.

Jim Berkley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed a week at this hotel and the hotel staff at the front desk, restaurant, maid service, and the Club Lounge (Ms. Tatiana) gave us exceptional service.

It is such a pleasure to have staff that is always pleasant and helpful with a smile to having the room and facility clean.

We will definitely give good referals to our friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful hotel review.We love hearing feedback from our guests and sincerely appreciate the wonderful remarks that you have provided. I will share these with our staff and truly appreciate the special mention of Tatiana from our club lounge that you gave the awesome recognition. I will certainly share with her personally. We look forward to having you here again very soon!

Savage, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I ended my Disney vacation with one night at a hotel close to the airport. This hotel is very close to the airport with free shuttle service. The rooms were clean and spacious. As Marriott Gold we were able to enjoy the concierge lounge evening desserts and breakfast. Their gym and pool looked well maintained. The pool area has a tropical appeal for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: It's an airport hotel. No sight to see.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel. We were so pleased to see your delightful review and hearing that our team delivered exceptional service makes us very happy!Our Renaissance ambassadors are passionate when it comes to taking care of our guests and providing memorable experiences. Again, thanks for taking the time post a review and I've shared your comments about your stay with our team and we do hope you will visit our hotel again soon!

Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Yes, I am local to the Orlando area....but I didn't want to bother with parking the car at the airport or forcing someone to take me to the airport very early in the morning.

The lobby was well maintained. The front desk staff were friendly.

The room was clean. The thermostat in the room only knew 2 temps FREEZING or SWEATING HOT! I could not get it to adjust to a comfortable level. The beds were comfy.

The food in the restaurant was decent. Again the staff were friendly.

This hotel just offers a very convenient stay, to be close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yanksgirlinfl
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for the review you posted about your stay with us. We are glad that our staff and hotel provided a satisfactory experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Do apologize that the guestroom temp was not what was expected when you entered the room. I've shared your review with our team. We do hope it is likely you will return as a guest again one day especially since you are local to Orlando.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here for a early flight out of Orlando and was very happy with the updates. Very clean and the bed was comfortable. The much needed renovation was a great and welcome improvement. I had stayed here a while back and it was time.
Front desk folks are great with their willingness to serve their guests with a smile and good sense of humor. I will stay here on my outbound flights.
The shuttle driver was prompt and the shuttle is every hour and on the half. Just about 5 minute ride.

Room Tip: Very quiet for being so close to the airport.
Green Features: As with all Marriott brands, they have the "keep my towel" program.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this great review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and you were impressed with our product and services. The Renaissance service team loves seeing these types of reviews and I've shared your review with our whole team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day especially since you are close by on the east coast of Florida! Thanks again.

Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

When I submit a bid, I try to go for 4 stars hotel so I don't get bad surprises. In this case, I couldn't find a 4 stars hotel, so I decided to bid for a 3 1/2 and won. I was pleasantly surprise when we first arrived, the lobby looked great, modern. The rooms were nice too with a very comfortable bed, upgraded bathrooms and free of smells. The staff was very friendly too. The only thing that I didn't like is that they charge for parking, internet, and some basic channels. Other than that, I loved it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Your very nice review of our hotel is sincerely appreciated! I've shared this with all of our staff here at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and we take great pride in delivering the execllent service and products experience that you wrote of. We sincerely hope that you are a return guest soon with us. Thanks again!

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed for one night at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel while we awaited a flight in Orlando to New York. Our original flight from another part of Florida was cancelled due to a snow storm in NYC. We were happy to get a reservation at a decent price. The positive of this hotel was the friendliness of the staff and the beautiful renovated lobby and restaurant in the lobby. However, while the room was very spacious and clean, it was a bit old. It looked like portions of it had been renovated and portions had not. Also, the hallways were not the cleanest. I know the hotel was very busy due to many cancelled flights but the staff could have run a vacuum through the hallways. Also, the air conditioning unit right outside our room (as we were at the end of the hallway) was so dirty and old. It really should have been cleaned.
The room was well-appointed and included a flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, safe, hair dryer and coffee maker. The room also included small tubes of tooth paste which were great considering I forgot to bring one. The beds were comfortable. There was some noise from the airplanes, but it was not too bad.
We did not get to use the pool area as it was 45 degrees in Orlando on the day of our stay, but we looked at the pool. It was beautiful albeit not overly big. The chaise lounges had nice cushions and the pool looked very inviting despite the cold temperatures.
I was disappointed that this hotel charged a fee for parking. While I understand they want to prevent non-hotel guests from parking at the hotel, very few of the other hotels charged for parking. The valet was very helpful and helped us unload our car. However, there was no luggage carts to take our bags to the room. The valet offered to help us, but we managed on our own. I expected complete valet and luggage service at this hotel and was disappointed that I had to drag my bags to the room.
We had breakfast in the restaurant. The food was average but the staff could not have been more efficient and kind. They got us whatever we needed and cleared the table promptly.
Obviously, one would not stay at this hotel if looking for a luxurious resort, but it was very convenient for a stay close to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the airport.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Parenttravel46
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for the review you posted about your stay with us. We are glad that our staff and hotel provided a memorable experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your review with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!