“The resort away from the airport”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #87 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I frequently stay at hotels. This Renaissance hotel is exceptional. The lobby gives a very soothing atmosphere. This hotel is keen and well decorated. My room was large, comfortable, quiet and clean. I did not feel close to the airport. In fact, I felt in a resort away from the airport. The hotel restaurant and bar is flawless. Moreover, the menu offers a diversity. I ordered the blackened fish sandwich and was satisfied. Every personnel members was pleasant.

I will definitely look forward to visit this hotel in my future Orlando stays. I am looking forward to bring my family next time.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Kareen V
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Your very nice review of our hotel is sincerely appreciated! We love it that you felt us as a "resort" - many people say that especially about our pool area!! I've shared this with all of our staff here at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and we take great pride in delivering the execllent guest service and guestroom experience that you wrote of. In addition, our culinary team thanks you for the wonderful feedback about our menu and food! We sincerely hope that you are a return guest soon with us. Thanks again!

Jim Berkley

Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with two of my kids while waiting for the rest of my family to arrive. The staff was so friendly. The gentlemen at check in(Wilson I think) was so nice. We had a great server at dinner and the club level hostess was very sweet. Recommend!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank brandtgreg

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Renaissance Orlando Airport. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Thanks for recognizing Wilson at our Reception Desk - he's one of our best!! Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff. We hope to have you as a return guest soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here before and after a cruise from Port Canaveral. Our flight landed at 10pm and our returning flight was at 7am so we wanted a hotel close to the airport instead of the 45 minute drive to/from Port Canaveral. We called the hotel from the airport for the shuttle and it arrived within 20 minutes. The lobby was nice and spacious. The check in was easy. We visited the concierge lounge in the morning to have breakfast. The selection was great. When we returned we got to the hotel around 11am and they allowed us to check in early. The shuttle took us to a nearby restaurant for dinner and picked us up when we called which was nice.The next morning we took the 530am shuttle to the airport with no issues. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes to the airport which is very convenient.

Overall, it was a great hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Lava F
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

We sincerely appreciate such kind words expressed about our Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel!! So glad our hotel and our service staff met your expectations - my team & I thrive on hearing feedback from all of our guests and when we see these type of positive reviews it really makes our day! I will pass on this review to our team - especially our shuttle drivers and their manager Andre - we are pleased you found our shuttle drivers polite, accessible & on time!! Look forward to you returning one day!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our flight was delayed so airline put us up at this location. It was very much above average in every way! Every staff member we dealt with went above and beyond to accommodate us. We also ate in dining room for dinner and lunch. The waitress we had at dinner was wonderful, her name was Blue! If I ever travel to this area again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank GrannyZ1
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this wonderful review about your recent experience with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments being shared here on Trip Advisor. I've shared your review with our team. Hope to have you as a return guest with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights in June 2014 for the purpose of attending a small business conference at the hotel. Overall, the highlights were the friendly attitude of the staff, the quality of the food and the comfort of the common areas. My room was acceptable - everything worked correctly, the bed was comfortable, the TV worked, the AC was responsive. The internet connection was a little funky - like most places, you have to constantly log in again. The window in my room was partially covered by some tinting that needed attention.

Overall, though, our conference was very successful in part because of the hotel. The morning breakfast was a highlight - very friendly staff and delicious food. Our meeting was room was very comfortable and Jeanne (our liaison) was on top of every detail. The parking was easy and accessible.

We are planning to return to this hotel in a few months with a different group within our organization.

Room Tip: I did not notice any noise from the nearby airport.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank BStrickland12
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

It was so nice to read your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations for your visit to Orlando and truly appreciate all the positive details about our hotel that you have shared in your posting. Our entire hotel service staff thrives on hearing feedback about our guest's experiences while staying with us and I will share this with everyone! We truly look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is so refreshing walking into this hotel, it is so beautiful. The people are also great and you can walk to very good restaurants. You also have very good food selections at the hotel. higly recommend it

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Marisabel C
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you so very much for your wonderful Renaissance experience review.We truly enjoy hearing feedback from our guests and sincerely appreciate the glowing service staff remarks that you have provided. I will share these with our whole staff and truly appreciate the recognition. We look forward to having you here again very soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My complements begin before my stay. I interacted with the sales staff prior to my arrival since I hosted an event with the property. Their courtesy and professionalism was apparent from the beginning. They maintained constant communication concerning our group's room block and event needs. Upon arrival, my son and I were treated impeccably. The accommodations were superb. We had the King Presidential Suite and the adjacent double/double room as well. The attendees of the group event were very impressed with the property, staff and customer service. This was our 6th event at a Marriott property. Prior to this event, the group's favorite stay was at Marriott's Grande Vista Resort, also in Orlando. But this stay pales in comparison.

The catering staff went above and beyond to provide exceptional service to us. The staff also went so far as to provide my son with crayons and paper during one of our morning sessions. during the lunch service, they surprised me by bringing my son a more kid-friendly meal of chicken tenders/strips and fries.

As I begin planning for our next event in the Fall and our Annual meeting next year, I am staying with Marriott properties, but if the city has a Renaissance, I am definitely asking for a "RFP" from that property or properties.

Thank you for starting off my summer vacations with a bang!

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Elite member, definitely ask to be upgraded to the 9th floor, the concierge le...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank OgreVII
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

THANKS - It was wonderful to read your review and learn that our hotel's many comfort features created such enjoyment during your stay at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel. Your praise of our spacious, well appointed guestrooms and great meeting & catering experience is so much appreciated. Our staff strives to accommodate our guests at every turn and your gracious acknowledgement of their efforts will make their day. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future as you mentioned and thank you again for your great review.