“Great stopover - would have been happy to holiday here!”

Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
Ranked #79 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great stopover - would have been happy to holiday here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was great from the start. The chap who collected us from the airport was friendly and chatty. The decor of the hotel was what we would expect from a Renaissance hotel and was clean and bright. Service at breakfast was excellent and in particular the egg chef - my youngest daughter now wants me to make poached eggs as good as that in future !
Front desk was, again, prompt as was the room service.

Not to be regarded as an airport hotel in a derogatory sense. Most people don't stay in hotels of this standard on their holiday proper

Room Tip: We had a 9th floor concierge level which was excellent. The lounge was great too
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Mark C
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for the incredible review of our hotel. We are so pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations for your visit to Orlando and truly appreciate all the positive details about our hotel that you have shared in your posting. Our entire hotel service staff thrives on hearing feedback about our guest's experiences while staying with us and I will share this with everyone! We truly look forward to having you back soon!

Jim Berkley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
kareenpfr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I frequently stay at hotels. This Renaissance hotel is exceptional. The lobby gives a very soothing atmosphere. This hotel is keen and well decorated. My room was large, comfortable, quiet and clean. I did not feel close to the airport. In fact, I felt in a resort away from the airport. The hotel restaurant and bar is flawless. Moreover, the menu offers a diversity. I ordered the blackened fish sandwich and was satisfied. Every personnel members was pleasant.

I will definitely look forward to visit this hotel in my future Orlando stays. I am looking forward to bring my family next time.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kareen V
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Your very nice review of our hotel is sincerely appreciated! We love it that you felt us as a "resort" - many people say that especially about our pool area!! I've shared this with all of our staff here at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and we take great pride in delivering the execllent guest service and guestroom experience that you wrote of. In addition, our culinary team thanks you for the wonderful feedback about our menu and food! We sincerely hope that you are a return guest soon with us. Thanks again!

PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with two of my kids while waiting for the rest of my family to arrive. The staff was so friendly. The gentlemen at check in(Wilson I think) was so nice. We had a great server at dinner and the club level hostess was very sweet. Recommend!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank brandtgreg
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Renaissance Orlando Airport. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Thanks for recognizing Wilson at our Reception Desk - he's one of our best!! Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff. We hope to have you as a return guest soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here before and after a cruise from Port Canaveral. Our flight landed at 10pm and our returning flight was at 7am so we wanted a hotel close to the airport instead of the 45 minute drive to/from Port Canaveral. We called the hotel from the airport for the shuttle and it arrived within 20 minutes. The lobby was nice and spacious. The check in was easy. We visited the concierge lounge in the morning to have breakfast. The selection was great. When we returned we got to the hotel around 11am and they allowed us to check in early. The shuttle took us to a nearby restaurant for dinner and picked us up when we called which was nice.The next morning we took the 530am shuttle to the airport with no issues. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes to the airport which is very convenient.

Overall, it was a great hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Lava F
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
We sincerely appreciate such kind words expressed about our Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel!! So glad our hotel and our service staff met your expectations - my team & I thrive on hearing feedback from all of our guests and when we see these type of positive reviews it really makes our day! I will pass on this review to our team - especially our shuttle drivers and their manager Andre - we are pleased you found our shuttle drivers polite, accessible & on time!! Look forward to you returning one day!

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our flight was delayed so airline put us up at this location. It was very much above average in every way! Every staff member we dealt with went above and beyond to accommodate us. We also ate in dining room for dinner and lunch. The waitress we had at dinner was wonderful, her name was Blue! If I ever travel to this area again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank GrannyZ1
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share this wonderful review about your recent experience with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments being shared here on Trip Advisor. I've shared your review with our team. Hope to have you as a return guest with us again soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for three nights in June 2014 for the purpose of attending a small business conference at the hotel. Overall, the highlights were the friendly attitude of the staff, the quality of the food and the comfort of the common areas. My room was acceptable - everything worked correctly, the bed was comfortable, the TV worked, the AC was responsive. The internet connection was a little funky - like most places, you have to constantly log in again. The window in my room was partially covered by some tinting that needed attention.

Overall, though, our conference was very successful in part because of the hotel. The morning breakfast was a highlight - very friendly staff and delicious food. Our meeting was room was very comfortable and Jeanne (our liaison) was on top of every detail. The parking was easy and accessible.

We are planning to return to this hotel in a few months with a different group within our organization.

Room Tip: I did not notice any noise from the nearby airport.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank BStrickland12
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
It was so nice to read your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that our hotel exceeded your expectations for your visit to Orlando and truly appreciate all the positive details about our hotel that you have shared in your posting. Our entire hotel service staff thrives on hearing feedback about our guest's experiences while staying with us and I will share this with everyone! We truly look forward to having you back soon!

Weston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is so refreshing walking into this hotel, it is so beautiful. The people are also great and you can walk to very good restaurants. You also have very good food selections at the hotel. higly recommend it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank Marisabel C
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful Renaissance experience review.We truly enjoy hearing feedback from our guests and sincerely appreciate the glowing service staff remarks that you have provided. I will share these with our whole staff and truly appreciate the recognition. We look forward to having you here again very soon!