“Clean hotel, very helpful staff!”

Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #62 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Clean hotel, very helpful staff!”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I found the staff to be really helpful and attentive. This hotel is so close to SeaWorld and Discovery Cove which is perfect for people who are there for those attractions.
There wasn't much going on at the bar since many families were at this hotel and the Starbucks on the grounds closed early 6:00 p.m.
The hotel itself didn't look like a new build however they have kept it clean and it looks well maintained. Everyone is complaining about the $16.00 a night parking. I agree that it is a bit much for the area for families traveling from all over.
I also appreciated the fact they had the I-Ride Trolley stop at the hotel. This is great for any tourist wanting to go up and down International Avenue for $1.25 (they also sell daily passes)

1 Thank tripster44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Grayson, Ga.
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I bid on a room near the b line in Orlando on Priceline. I think I Bid $65 plus tax making the total around $80. We loved this hotel. The parking cost $16 I think but if you are going to Sea world this is a great place to say. Internet may cost you to use it. I didnt use it. It's a really NICE hotel! The pool is spectacular!!! If you are not going tp Seaworld with your family then plan to hang out by the pool. The pool chairs are so cool!!

Room Tip: You can't request a view if you bid on Priceline but if you pay regular price ,request a balcony...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I am a very picky traveler and routinely use Tripadvisor to plan our family's getaways. We have Seaworld passes and decided to try the Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld for a long Mother's day weekend. I booked a AAA rate which was to include breakfast buffet for 2 adults and children 12 and under and included self parking. When we checked in, the front desk had a different version of a AAA rate that did not include the breakfast buffet or self parking. Also, being a Marriott rewards gold card member, we were unable to get a free room upgrade because the suites only had king beds and sleeper sofas. No queen suites? This is unacceptable for Marriott rewards gold card members with familys. I had to visit the business center and pay to print out a copy of my AAA rate details and confirmation to give to the front desk and they corrected the rate and included the breakfast buffet for all as the rate had indicated. Upon entering the regular guest room there was no wow factor. The room was very plain. The hotel is showing its age in many places. We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast buffet for 2 mornings at the Tradewinds restaurant and the service and food was excellent. The pool water was way too cold to swim in and I was not happy about that. The kids enjoyed the waterpark. We spent an evening at Boardwalk Sports bar and the food and service was excellent. We also enjoyed the fire pit areas outside. Upon receiving our bill, we were charged for self parking which was to be included in the AAA rate however the front desk did correct this. I don't plan on returning to this hotel but there are many other resorts to choose from in the Orlando area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Hamimomof3
Greenacres,Fl
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My wife & I stayed at the Renaissance Orlando at Sea World to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. Since I'm a Marriott Rewards holder, I get a free night every year with my VISA card, as long as it's a CAT 1-5,which this hotel was. I asked for a corner King ( # 6101) and got it, and it was terrific. Maybe 650 sq. ft, with a 42 in HD flat screen, nice couch,mini-fridge,coffee maker... Only minor drawbacks were: no balcony, and there were only 2 bath towels in the bathroom- usually you can find extra towels somewhere else, but I couldn't find any, so we had re-use the towels from the night before when we showered in the morning. As with most U.S. hotels, there was NOT a hand-held shower like most European hotels ( love those!)- could've used that, but the bathroom was nice. I had to request a blanket for the bed because like most hotels today, it was TOO HOT with those thick comforters on the bed...someone else mentioned that here on another review. I too, do not understand why hotels today want you to SWEAT like crazy under the covers. I had the A/C on 67 and full- force, and still so hot with those duvets...

After we came back from Typhoon Lagoon, we went to the pool for maybe 90 minutes, and I used one of their 2 HUGE hot tubs. They were very relaxing, and important- nice & hot! Sometimes hotel hot tubs are luke-warm...there could've been a few more jets to produce a more "swirling" effect in the spa, but it was very relaxing..also the lounge chairs were padded and VERY soft & comfy...we both fell asleep while under one of the umbrellas for 20-30 minutes...NOTE**: The Children have their own pool area off to the side and in the back, and it was terrific...lots of slides, water spouts, and that's where I would be if I had children or I was a child.

We went to the Arabian Nights Dinner Show and that was great ( highly recommended if you like horses) and the food was decent. NOTE**- even with a GPS, this place was not easy to find, so make sure you have a GPS or great directions!

Service at the Renaissance Orlando was top notch and I want to give a kuddos to Diannara ( sp?) , who helped me choose the corner king room and reserved it. My wife LOVED the room..only these minor complaints kept me from giving this hotel a 5 star rating...BTW, had breakfast at a place called the Village Inn, and it was outstanding. I had Eggs Benedict with hash browns, and my wife had a crepe with strawberries, cheese and pancakes..all was A+ and $20 for both including coffee, & tax..

Room Tip: Corner Kings are nice & big..if noise is important to you ( like me), ask for a room AWAY from t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank statusone
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

Staff upon check in we're pleasant and efficient. Room was average for a 4 star, nice linens and spacious. Grout in the tub area needed to be addressed, small details say huge things for someone looking for luxury accommodations. Fitness center was clean with lots of machine choices and a basket of complimentary apples... Nice touch!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank trvlgfool
Ontario
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I attended a conference here and was really pleased not only aesthetically but also very convenient.. the trolley stops right outside and if you were a family attending Sea World the facility is literally across the parking lot. The rooms are lovely and the grounds are stunning.. friendly staff too ..

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, all suites are in the corners and very large in addition they have several balc...
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was very impressed by the hotel and the staff. They were wonderful. They even took the time to ensure I felt at home on more then one occasion. The housekeeper laid out a washcloth and arranged some items like my cologne and shaver on it for me (mimicking the one I had on the counter with my toothbrush and paste on it.) Then at the sports bar one of the waiters heard me ask for Sugar in the Raw and while they didn't have any at the bar the main restaurant had some so he sent someone to get some for me without me even having to ask. I was very impressed with their attention to details. I would recommend to anyone that wants to not only have a great place to stay at but also pays attention to details. They made my trip. They also have Aveda products for their toiletries. I was very impressed! The pool was huge and very clean. The whole place is amazing!

1 Thank Helderbeck