I want to start with a HUGE "Thank you" to the staff at the Four Point. Due to the typical evening tardiness of Southwest Airlines, we didn't get to the hotel until 2:00 am. Expecting a ghost town, I was pleasantly surprised that a vibrant and friendly desk clerk was there to greet me like it was midday. There was even a staff member on hand to assist with luggage had we needed it. This set the tone of the entire stay.
The room itself is spacious (especially for being built into a cylinder of a building) and the AC was top notch (quiet and effective). There was a paper every morning and staff in the lobby to field every question. I want to point out one staff member in particular, Leslie, who loaded paper into the printer when there was a problem during the printing of our boarding passes, hustled to call the elevator when we entered the lobby with our hands full, and always genuinely asked if we needed anything.
The hotel is conveniently located near Universal. The only thing I'd suggest to future guests heading to Universal is that you don't take the free park shuttle from the hotel. It's crowded and has several stops before getting to the park. You can walk there faster (0.44 miles according to my pedometer). Our taxi ride back was $6 + tip. Given that the Harry Potter Park is designed to suck money from your pocket like a vacuum cleaner, the taxi is a bargain and will get you an extra hour to stand in lines at Harry Potterland. Speaking of which, we opted to blow off Potter's World after the first day and go to Disney's Magic Kingdom the rest of the time. Because of the convenient hotel location near the freeway onramp, it was an easy drive south to all of the Disney attractions. If you plan a trip to Orlando, you can see all of Harry Potter Park (all three rides and all four shops) in a few hours and Universal Studios the rest of that day, so you should definitely look into other places to visit while you're there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Central Florida on infamous International Drive, the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort offers modern accommodations, upgraded amenities and an ideal location near the area's top attractions. Designed for comfort and convenience, this 100% smoke-free hotel features 301 contemporary guest rooms, complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, 40" flat-screen TVs, white crisp bedding, a coffee maker, soothing bath amenities and more. Guests can also enjoy premium amenities, including on-site dining at Tropical Palms Restaurant, an outdoor pool and fire pit, a 24-hour fitness center, 6,500 square feet of meeting space, business center services, a complimentary shuttle service to select theme parks, scheduled activities, a game room, and other conveniences. This Orlando hotel on International Drive is also located near major hotspots, like Universal Studios(R) Florida and Islands of Adventure(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Walt Disney World(R) Resort and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Studio City Hotel
- Four Points Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Four Points
- Orlando Sheraton
- Sheraton Studio City Orlando
- Four Points By Sheraton Orlando International Drive Florida