Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
GreenLeadersBronze level
Livingston, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

THis was an amazing holiday and the hotel played a big part in this. the room was spacious and clean with daily housekeeping and a free bottle of water and newspaper .Soda and ice machines on several floors. And the room had an iron and ironing board and a hairdyer, tv and cofee machine. there is also a self service laundry room - very usefull. Staff were polite and friendly and particularly Ron and Alan who always seemed to be around for help and advice on where to go and how to get there and Ron was always happy to find things out for you if he didnt know.The hotel is in an excellent location with the itrolly stop right outside the hotel which made getting around very easy. there is a seven eleven right across the road which does an amazing takeaway pizza if youre too tired to go out(and that will happen)For eating out you have the red lobster and for more affordable meals you have dennys and ihop all within a couple of minutes walk.Dennys hash browns,pancake puppies and mango smothie must be tried. The hotel also runs free shuttle buses to universal, seaworld, aquatica and disney.Wet and wild is a five minute walk and universal is an easy fifteen minute walk if you dont want to use the shuttle. you can also buy park tickets from hotel desk as well as itrolly weekly and fortnightly passes (which cant be bought on the itrolly)the only thing to be aware of if you are buying disney tickets from the hotel you must attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation which did put me off.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor at the front amazing view but lots of road noise and landscapers start ve...
2 Thank jay0505

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Korean first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night because we wanted free parking and free shuttle to Universal Theme Park. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there but there was a few things I didn't like about this hotel.

The things I enjoyed about the hotel was definitely the free parking and free shuttle to Universal. The room was spacious and bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean.

The bad was that it was a crowded hotel. There was only 3 elevators and it was always packed so most of the time I would have to wait for the next elevator to come. The shuttle times are pretty limited as well and they pick up people from other hotels so I believe we were in the shuttle for almost an hour until we got to the theme park. It cost extra if you want a mini refrigerator in your room. The staff I wouldn't say are terrible but I didn't feel very welcome. I felt like the concierge played favorites. They only give you deals or extra discounts if you are just married (the couple in front of us were getting all this extra coupons and stuff) or are planning to get a multiple day pass.

Overall, it was a good stay and it fulfilled our purpose to go to Universal Theme Park. I probably would stay here again if I wanted to stay near Universal and only because I'm an SPG loyalist. But if I wasn't, I would probably look elsewhere. There was a lot of other hotel options and this hotel was very average for me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ciaocat
Port Talbot
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Many of the features of this hotel have been repeated over and over again (Nice staff - Noisy airconditioning - You can walk to Universal in 15 minutes - Etc, Etc) so no need to go there again. There is nothing to say that has not already been said!
I know some people have expressed concerns about the varying ratings on here which go from Excellent to Terrible. What I tend to do is take the top and bottom ratings off and look for the middle ground. This is NEITHER a good or Terrible hotel. At the time of writing it's number 51 in Orlando - It didn't get there for nothing! If this was in the UK, I would call it a decent, clean 3 star hotel.
BEWARE THOUGH...Although it didn't bother me, the aircon is extremely loud. I changed the first room I was offered because of this to a "quieter" room, but the unit in this room became just as bad after a day or so. If you're a light sleeper, you need to consider somewhere else.
I would stay here again if the deal was right - no problem

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City and taking the opportunity to provide us with feedback. As you know feedback is he best gift a company can receive. I have shared your comments with the Management team and am truly sorry the noise complicated your stay.
Please consider us during your next visit to Orlando and give us the opportunity to display our committed improvements...
Deux-Montagnes, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel sept 1 to 4th.

We rented a car from the airport and it was easy to find the Hotel. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff always says hello and ask how you are doing. There is a Universal Studio rep on site who sells tickets at a discount price and a Starwood rep who will invite you to a time share meeting in exchange for discount attraction tickets but if you say no they are still very helpfull and give out information on about anything you want to know, restaurants, attractions, medical services ect...

We had a nice and clean renovated room with 2 beds. It's a standard hotel room with everything you need. There is no minibar or fridge in the room but there are ice machines at the hotel so we just used a small cooler. The air conditioner in our room cycled on and off and made noise. When the airconditioner was off it was very quiet. The curtains did not close all the way and the blind were sheer and let in the light at night.

The round shape of this hotel makes it very easy to find when driving around...you can see it from far. It is located on international drive where all the souvenir shops, stores and restaurants are. you can walk to nearby attractions. You can take the I-Drive trolley bus..perfect to get around that area. there are withing 2 minutes of walk, a miniput, restaurants, a pharmacie that is open 24h a day (wallgreen) there is a red lobster in front, next door to a Dennys and IHop. The hotel offers shuttes to attractions and to the outlets. on site there is a restaurant that serves a very good breakfast buffet.

I loved the location of this hotel, the fact that is was clean ad that the staff were courtious and helpfull. I would go back anytime.

Room Tip: get a room on high floors to get a nice view and a renovated room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
UNITED KINGDOM
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was our family's first trip to Florida and we were certainly blown away. The moment we arrived at check in with Virgin Holidays to the moment we arrived back in the UK (sadly) The whole experience was first class. The Virgin staff are all so lovely kind and helpful, I am a nervous flyer and the staff really helped settle my nerves, they were fantastic. When we arrived at our hotel it was just as pictured in the broacher, truly beautiful even better at night as the globe on top of the hotel lights up and sparkles, very beautiful, you can spot four points at night from far away. In our opinion its the nicest hotel around by far. The staff when we arrived to check in were really nice very friendly. We arrived up to our room and it was just how the broacher described and looked just the same as we had expected. During our stay here at Four Points we were very impressed by the level of commitment to aim to please all the guests staying at the hotel, nothing was to much trouble. My family and I are looking at rebooking in the future and we would do everything the same from start to finish, book with virgin as you get treated exceptionally well, (very very impressed :-) ) and for sure book in to Four Points again, as we had a wonderful memorable time there in Orlando. The only criticum if i was being really picky would be the cleanliness of the bedrooms, could be 2 days before it would be hoovered, bins and towels changed daily and beds made daily but that's about it . There was no cleaning bathroom or hoovering just basic cleaning, i would clean down bathroom myself when i saw it wasn't done. any how your really not in the room that long, up really early and out to get to the parks early as come lunch time it was red hot (August Time) then we would eat out and then come back to the hotel for showers and bed. We loved every minute of our holiday< hope this review helps you make the right choice for you

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This was our third time staying at this hotel. On our first two stay, we must have been in the renovated rooms, as they were spotless, looked new and very comfortable beds. This time (as in the past) I used my Starwood Points to book one night. We were given a king room on the 16th floor. We just dropped our bags off, as we were meeting family at Disney, so didn't return to room until after 8:00 p.m. First thing I noticed - one of the curtains was missing from the window - only hooks hanging! Made a difference in the brightness of the room.....Also, bathroom light had no glass over the fixture, and flickered on and off. Sink did not drain properly - took all night for it to drain completely. No luggage rack in room - tiles in bathroom desparately need some grout!!! And DEFINITELY not a "heavenly bed" this time! VERY loud wall-unit air coniditoner which kept cycling on and off. There was a thermostat on the wall, so maybe they are in the process of updating to central air? Anyway, good thing we had earplugs! Upon checking out, I brought these issues up to the reservation agent who made a note of the problems, and apologized, but didn't offer any comps (breakfast maybe?). I know I had booked with points - a "free" stay - but hope the reservationist knows to get these points, we spend quite a bit of money!!!! Anyway, would probably try here again, but would make sure to ask for a renovated room!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Good morning;

Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City. Also thank you for taking the time to share your feedback which is truly the best gift a company can receive.
I would like to apologize your last visit was not as memorable as the last two. If you do not mind please contact me directly so that I may resolve this matter. This way when you return I can make sure everything is back to normal.
Thank you in advance and I may be contacted at abonner@fourpointsstudiocity.com
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Just returned from my Florida holiday with my wife and 2 children (16 & 11). What a great hotel.
Having read some of the reviews before we travelled, we werent quite sure what to expect, but we needn't have worried.
We had a problem with the curtain rail as soon as we got in the room, but mentioned it to reception and it was rectified straight away.
The air conditioning was fine and could be turned off if you didn't want it on all night.
The staff were very welcoming and always spoke when you left or returned to the hotel, asking how we were.
Transport to the Disney parks was good, a dedicated minibus, that at the most would only call at one other hotel. Generally, it was on time. We didn't use the transport to Universal as the hotel is only 20
mins walk away and pretty straight forward as well. We did get a taxi back once and got caught in traffic at lights which increased the fare slightly. With a good run, I would expect around 5 dollars from Universal.
Food at hotel is slightly more than restaurants on I-drive, we generally used I-hop restaurant which is next door to the hotel.
Times of transport to Disney was 8.10 or 9.45 in the morning, returning 6.15 or 9.45.
If you want Universal theme park tickets, get them from the hotel as they are a Universal partner hotel. We bought in the UK before we went and found the hotel had them a lot cheaper.
Overall a really enjoyable stay at the hotel. It's not 5 star but when you are out all day at parks, you just need a place to sleep. It is clean, comfortable and very welcoming and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011