“Glad it was only one night.”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #191 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have been to Orlando many times over the last 20 years and have always wondered what this hotel was like so on my latest trip I booked it for one night as I couldn't get a room in my hotel of choice.
I asked for a high room.I was given a room on the 5th floor as I was told they were fully booked. 30 minutes later when I was in the foyer another guest checked in and was given a room on 16th floor.??? I also requested a fridge but was told that they didn't have any available. Anyway later I found out they charge $10 a night for a fridge which I could find any mention of on their site.
I also had to ask later on for a cr parking voucher as I wasn't given one when i checked in.
Next to the room, it was clean enough but the bedside light didn't work and the TV remote took an age to change chanels. As I didn't ahve a fridge I thought I would get some ice. The ice machines are not on all floors and the ones on the 4th, 6th and 8th were not working. I had to go to the 10th floor for ice. I should have tried the pool it was freezing....

On the plus side the staff (apart from the one which checked me in) were very pleasant and cheerful

So I have tried this hotel now and thank goodness it was only for one night. I do not intend to return there are far better hotel araound the I Drive area.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STEVE1MARK2
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your recent visit. My apologies for the issues you had while visiting the property. I have shared your comments with our managing staff for review.
Please not that your feedback is very important to our establishment. It gives us an opportunity to see needed improvements.
Thank you once again and enjoy your day…

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Realy good location. Write inthe middle of everything. We had restaurants and shops all around us. Also it was only a 20min walk to universal studios. The hotel was clean and the front desk are helpfull. Also there is free shuttle buses from hotel everyday from hotel to all the major parks.only bad thing i would say is the room smelt a bit funny.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us. Hope to see you soon…

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We were looking to save a bit of money by staying outside Universal, figuring we could take advantage of the International Drive amenities and free shuttle service to nearby theme parks. I'm so glad we chose this hotel. The location was absolutely perfect. It was within walking distance of Universal and Wet & Wild, with a cool mini-golf place right next door, and a Red Lobster and IHOP right the street. There was also a 7-11 and a Walgreens conveniently located on the same block, which was perfect when we had to buy some children's allergy medication. The I-Ride trolley stop was directly in front of the hotel, allowing us to explore the rest of I-Drive for only $1.50 per ride.

Complimentary shuttle service to the parks is scheduled, so we opted to walk to and from Universal each day. It was about a 20-minute hike, pretty brutal at the end of the day when we were hot and tired, but an acceptable trade-off for having to wait for a shuttle and fold up the stroller. If we opted not to walk and no shuttle was available, there were plenty of cabs waiting to take us home for a minimal fee.

The staff at Four Points was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast buffet with a sweet serving staff was a great way to start the day. The hostess even gave our children balloons each morning. We met our housekeeper one day, and she was also delightful.

Our room was clean and comfortable, with a spectacular view of Universal and Orlando, especially at night. The beds were very cozy. There was a really nice flat screen TV. Free Wi-Fi was available, which was wonderful for emailing pictures of our day to family back home and updating our Facebook friends on our day's adventures. The room itself is a bit small and cramped, probably owing to the unique tower shape of the hotel, but we had no complaints. I only mention that for someone who expects some kind of grand hotel room. You won't get that, but who cares? The price and location can't be beat.

If I had to quibble about anything, it would be: (1) the pool was very nice, but it was NOT heated, despite what they said. We came home early one night hoping to relax with the kiddos by the pool, but the water was freezing; and (2) the air conditioning unit was exceptionally loud.

One suggestion for the hotel: it would be great to have the complimentary coffee stations available at night as well as in the morning. I like to relax at night with a cup of decaf, and this would have been a very pleasant convenience.

In short, if we do another Orlando winter vacation next year, we will definitely be booking a room here!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit to see us. Please come again soon…

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We had a much better experience than expected here. The staff (each and every one of them) were extraordinarily helpful in every aspect and very kind and cheerful. Everyone says hello to you, they addressed issues and concerns right away and effectively, and went out of their way to ensure our stay was as great as possible. Their service and enthusiasm was much appreciated and was a big contributor to our wonderful experience in Orlando. We especially liked Osama and Nick, the hostess and everyone at the restaurant, and the lady that checked us in and out (We wish we could remember her name! She was incredibly helpful). The breakfasts at the restaurant were a great start to our days, and was delicious. We stayed for a week to visit Disney World and Universal, and their shuttles to the parks were very convenient. Very close to universal. We could see Hogwarts castle and roller coasters from our room :) we were also able to catch fireworks from our room on nights we returned early from parks.

All in all, it was great being surrounded by cheery staff and guests, and our stay here enhanced our experience on our vacation. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher floor for the view, and request a view of the theme park to catch the firewo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia A
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have shared your comments with our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

This hotel is in a great location for Universal Studios - we stayed for four nights and went to Universal / Islands of Adventure three days during the stay - we walked there, it's just a 20 minute walk and saves you paying for parking or waiting for the shuttle bus.
The rooms are a good size, clean with TV, coffee machine, air con etc plus a very comfy bed.
The hotel has a small pool, a games room, a laundrette, plenty of car parking, free newspapers and coffee in the lobby each morning.
Service was really good, I would go down for coffee and papers and there was always someone in the lobby to greet you and he would call the lift and press my floor for me when I wanted to go back up - thoughtful!
There are plenty of places to eat close by - our firm favourite is sweet tomatoes!
The i-ride stops right outside if you don't have a car, plus you can walk to wet n wild and plenty of shops.
Only one downside was the noise, quite a bit from outside and the walls are quite thin, so we heard the family next door shouting at each other quite a bit - but that wasn't the fault of the hotel :)
Overall a really good hotel - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamacoupe

Thank you for your recent visit. I am thrilled to see you had a nice time while visiting Orlando. Please come back to visit us during your next trip; we would love for this to be your home away from home.

Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Well located Four Points Sheraton - near Universal and not terribly far from Disney.

The hotel and rooms are very dated. Old tiles and fixtures in the bathroom - A very 80's feel. In the room, painting is needed. The blinds didn't work well and the heater was very loud.

Beds were comfy and service was okay. Big windows in the room and a very big TV too.

No club lounge which is a disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Aranchia

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience. Your comments and feedback is greatly appreciated and will assist us moving forward with any needed changes. Please come to visit us again soon

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Sorry for the late review but arrived at the hotel in april 2012 and spent four days.Hotel is convenient very close to parks and there is even a mini golf park next door .Getting food is no problem because there is Ihop and more restaurant just a walk away. rooms are very nice with great view.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple