“Stayed before, this was much better than expected”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #196 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed in November and it was not such a great stay. This trip, we needed a convenient location and decided to try this hotel again. It was a pleasant surprise. The room we stayed in was a deluxe room and was pretty nice.Comfortable bed and a high floor with a view. The staff were much more friendly. The room was clean, the bathrooms are average but we knew that going in. The stay was great and we used this as a base for traveling for several days. As always, the bartenders are friendly and the food is pretty good from the bar, prices are fair.

Room Tip: Upgrade from the traditional room for a more comfortable bed!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

996 - 1,002 of 2,303 reviews

Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

We arrived here without a reservation but wanted to stay close to attractions for our honeymoon. We wanted to have an adventure so we drove around and found this hotel. It looks interesting from the outside. The check in process was a nightmare. It took an extremely long time and it was very chaotic. We had just two requests a king bed and a fridge. We settled for a queen room with a fridge. The room was so small, we couldn't really walk around and no fridge. We checked out. We weren't interested in switching rooms because of how chaotic it was checking in and we didn't want to wait again. It was not ideal for a honeymoon. We drove around and found a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Just returned from a trip with my wife for the weekend. I would summarize this property as being at the top of lower end hotels.

We decided to stay at this property due to it's location near universal, as we were there for only a few days decided to stay close to that park and area of international drive. We didn't get the chance to use the pool as it was quite chilly the weekend we were there.

The check-in positions are very oddly located in the lobby, and seem crowded if there are more than 2 or 3 people checking in. When we arrived our room was not ready, so we were provided a hospitality suite so we could get changed which was very helpful (although I did have to ask for it specifically so we didn't have to try and do this in the public toilets near the lobby). I was told I would be called when my room was ready, which did not happen....so I had to wait in line a second time to get this sorted out at the end of our day.

The staff was very friendly at all times, aside from the gentleman working the Universal Ticket Booth in the lobby the morning of our arrival - he seemed like it was somewhat of a bother to help us, whereas the gentleman working there the next morning was VERY friendly and nice.

The breakfast buffet I must admit was a bit better than expected - only ate there one morning as there is an IHOP next door and for us it's a must when we see one.

We were upgraded to the suite, which is I've been told the nicest room in the property. The suite itself was large, but quite dated. There is a small utility kitchen, however we found that the fridge had not been cleaned and was full of the previous occupants food upon arrival. Likely due to the location of the room on the top floor the water pressure in the room was Terrible - especially in the shower.

The noise tended to travel quite easily between rooms as we could hear the folks on either side of us on numerous occasions, as well as pretty much any movement in the hallway. Also the aircon units in the bedroom were quite noisy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience with us. I have shared your comments with our staff for training purposes. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will allow us to focus on areas needed to improve our quality of service. We hope you will re-visit us soon...

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel was very accomodating! Room was a little small but cozy and nice. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Loved the location!!! Was able to walk to Universal Studios, I-Drive shops, Outlet Malls, and good shuttle service. Only complaint was that the housekeepers when going in and out of rooms cleaning one day were slamming the doors. I think this happened atleast 5-8 times. It was crazy. But other than that it was very nice! We were on the 20th Floor. The views were pretty good too. Oh yes, the channel changing for the TV was extremely SLOW. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience. Please come back to visit us soon...

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have been to Orlando many times over the last 20 years and have always wondered what this hotel was like so on my latest trip I booked it for one night as I couldn't get a room in my hotel of choice.
I asked for a high room.I was given a room on the 5th floor as I was told they were fully booked. 30 minutes later when I was in the foyer another guest checked in and was given a room on 16th floor.??? I also requested a fridge but was told that they didn't have any available. Anyway later I found out they charge $10 a night for a fridge which I could find any mention of on their site.
I also had to ask later on for a cr parking voucher as I wasn't given one when i checked in.
Next to the room, it was clean enough but the bedside light didn't work and the TV remote took an age to change chanels. As I didn't ahve a fridge I thought I would get some ice. The ice machines are not on all floors and the ones on the 4th, 6th and 8th were not working. I had to go to the 10th floor for ice. I should have tried the pool it was freezing....

On the plus side the staff (apart from the one which checked me in) were very pleasant and cheerful

So I have tried this hotel now and thank goodness it was only for one night. I do not intend to return there are far better hotel araound the I Drive area.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1  Thank STEVE1MARK2
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your recent visit. My apologies for the issues you had while visiting the property. I have shared your comments with our managing staff for review.
Please not that your feedback is very important to our establishment. It gives us an opportunity to see needed improvements.
Thank you once again and enjoy your day…

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Realy good location. Write inthe middle of everything. We had restaurants and shops all around us. Also it was only a 20min walk to universal studios. The hotel was clean and the front desk are helpfull. Also there is free shuttle buses from hotel everyday from hotel to all the major parks.only bad thing i would say is the room smelt a bit funny.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us. Hope to see you soon…

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We were looking to save a bit of money by staying outside Universal, figuring we could take advantage of the International Drive amenities and free shuttle service to nearby theme parks. I'm so glad we chose this hotel. The location was absolutely perfect. It was within walking distance of Universal and Wet & Wild, with a cool mini-golf place right next door, and a Red Lobster and IHOP right the street. There was also a 7-11 and a Walgreens conveniently located on the same block, which was perfect when we had to buy some children's allergy medication. The I-Ride trolley stop was directly in front of the hotel, allowing us to explore the rest of I-Drive for only $1.50 per ride.

Complimentary shuttle service to the parks is scheduled, so we opted to walk to and from Universal each day. It was about a 20-minute hike, pretty brutal at the end of the day when we were hot and tired, but an acceptable trade-off for having to wait for a shuttle and fold up the stroller. If we opted not to walk and no shuttle was available, there were plenty of cabs waiting to take us home for a minimal fee.

The staff at Four Points was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast buffet with a sweet serving staff was a great way to start the day. The hostess even gave our children balloons each morning. We met our housekeeper one day, and she was also delightful.

Our room was clean and comfortable, with a spectacular view of Universal and Orlando, especially at night. The beds were very cozy. There was a really nice flat screen TV. Free Wi-Fi was available, which was wonderful for emailing pictures of our day to family back home and updating our Facebook friends on our day's adventures. The room itself is a bit small and cramped, probably owing to the unique tower shape of the hotel, but we had no complaints. I only mention that for someone who expects some kind of grand hotel room. You won't get that, but who cares? The price and location can't be beat.

If I had to quibble about anything, it would be: (1) the pool was very nice, but it was NOT heated, despite what they said. We came home early one night hoping to relax with the kiddos by the pool, but the water was freezing; and (2) the air conditioning unit was exceptionally loud.

One suggestion for the hotel: it would be great to have the complimentary coffee stations available at night as well as in the morning. I like to relax at night with a cup of decaf, and this would have been a very pleasant convenience.

In short, if we do another Orlando winter vacation next year, we will definitely be booking a room here!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit to see us. Please come again soon…