“Great family vacation”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #198 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

First things first, I got a steal of a deal on this via Priceline which made it sweet to start with and always sets a great tone.
Once we arrived, parking was ample and the front desk people were awesome. I saw some reviews that described the hotel as old, so of course I was apprehensive. I found nothing about this hotel that made me think it was old. In fact, because of the reviews I looked very hard for negatives but could not find any. So trust me. This is a great place. The beds were fluffy and comfortable and there were oodles of pillows. The bathroom was super clean, which is a biggie for me. In the showers there was a dispenser for the bath gel, shampoo and conditioner..so there was no need for fussing with those tiny samples you usually find in hotels.
If I had to pick one negative, it was the fact that there were lots of bugs that needed to be skimmed from the pool and there was no hot tub. But big deal. In my opinion, things like the pool situation could easily be caused by someone on staff calling in and the skimming not completed. Those are not make-or-break things.
The unique round design of the hotel was especially cool, including the interesting orb to the top of the hotel. As we were driving to the hotel I said "Wow, look at THAT place. Cool!" Not even knowing it was ours. That just made me laugh.
I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieS697
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Julie S, thank you very much for your positive review. We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Thanks for the recommendation and we hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,344)

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here for one night. Great deal on a discount site. Nice big room, clean, comfortable bed. Decent no charge Internet, in room coffee, large flat screen, well appointed furniture and a pretty nice view from the 17th floor that gets you above the blight of International drive. Staff was very friendly and efficient. I was a little worried when hotel was revealed but I was pleasantly surprised. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Toad143, thank you for your review. Happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks with my 11 year old son. Location was ideal and easy to drive to all theme parks. Right next door to I-Hop and opposite a 7-eleven, and red lobster. there is also a pirate mini golf next door.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, and room was cleaned every day.
It's easy to find again at the end of the day as it's so tall!
Beds are very comfy, TV was huge, free wifi and nice coffee and tea which was also topped up every day.
Highly recommend this hotel, we had a perfect stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cupcakeonhols
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this Four Points on a weekend trip to Universal. The location is great because it takes about 3 minutes with no traffic to get to Universal and there are tons of different restaurants, activities, etc, to do on that main street. The only complaint I have is the front desk area is so small it seems like it's hidden and my room didn't get very cold at night. Other than that, it was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Libby9984

Thank you for your review Libby9984. Thanks for choosing Four Points Orlando Studio City for your accommodations during your trip to Orlando. We are glad you liked our hotel location. Come back soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Four Points by Sheraton is a lovely hotel. It's opposite Wet'n'Wild, next to IHOP for breakfast, right by Universal Blvd, around 5-10 mins to Universal Studios, and around 20 mins to Disney. It's an ideal base.

The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable, we asked for a room on a higher floor, we got 7th floor, I'd have liked more, but you can't have everything - the view from 7 is perfectly adequate and allowed a couple of nice photos of the Orlando skyline.

The bathroom was lovely, very spacious. Shower had good water pressure, the sink and basin top was huge so we could comfortably house my deoderant and single aftershave and my fiancées 25 or so items and hair straightners! There was also a lovely long mirror in there which she was delighted about, I saw this for the first time after 4 days.

The TV in the room was superb, at least 42inches, possibly 50. Many channels, superb. The air conditioner was one of the more quiet ones I'd heard, but was still audible, but it's worth it ratther than baking in the Florida summer heat.

The only annoyance: on our last night, we had several calls to the room by the internal phone system at 3:45am, which woke us up. On asking at reception, they were unable to trace the call because the system didn't allow it. We couldn't sleep in any more to recover, as we had to pack and be out ready to travel back - a bit of a shame really.

Would I stay there again? Yes. Same room type, but I'd ask for higher up.

A lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room 703 was very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JGaskell
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hi JGaskell,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing this great feedback with us. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable, and location convenient.

We're sorry about the disturbances you experienced with the late-night phone calls. We certainly understand how annoying this must have been and understand your frustration. Thanks for letting us know and please accept our sincerest apologies.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope you'll return on your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the four points on International Drive in Orlando. Good location for universal studios and wet and wild. The hotel rooms were clean and tidy, the staff are great and very helpful. We had a complimentary breakfast. There was a good variety of hot food, fruit and cereals and plenty of fruit juice and coffee. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only down side was the noise from building work next to the pool, although it didn't stop us using the pool and the air-conditioning unit in the room was noisy at times. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hi oldstokie,

Thanks for choosing Four Points for your recent stay in Orlando! We're happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff accommodating and rooms clean and comfortable.

We appreciate your recommendation, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Large room, king bed, nice views, clean bathroom. But not enough cable channels, need more gym equipment, cleaner gym, and there is no free breakfast. There is free coffee in lobby. Convenient location and ample parking. Free wifi with a good signal.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business