“Best Waitress we've ever seen!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #185 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Best Waitress we've ever seen!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you want a fantastic meal with SUPERIOR customer service go to The Tropical Palms at Four Points by Sheraton. Sarah was our waitress and she has the BEST personality we've ever seen!!! She greeted every customer as if they were her best friend in the whole world. She can multi task like I've never seen before. She does the job of 3 people and does it with class! We were not staying at this hotel but had a Restaurant.com coupon so we gave the restaurant a try. We are soooo glad we did. When we were finished with dinner we needed a cab and they had their shuttle service give us a ride back to our hotel. How awesome was that!

Room Tip: We only had dinner but a FANTASTIC dinner it was!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Yolaida R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Four Points Orlando Studio City! I will certainly share your comments with our staff!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Korean first
west yorkshire england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from the four points after a 21 night stay, this was our fifth stay here and again we could not fault the hotel or the staff. We were somewhat amazed to read the recent negative reviews and the somewhat petty reviews regarding this hotel. The fact that the bathroom tiles are somewhat outdated big deal who really spends all their time in the bathroom looking at the tiles and the décor, as long as the room is clean that is all that should suffice, if you require a fancy bathroom and fancy décor go stay at a 5 star property and pay the price accordingly. We were also amazed to read that someone had jewellery "stolen" from their room, we found the in house safe more than secure and as the safe is locked with your chosen pin code we were somewhat confused how any member of staff would have access to that code to be able to enter the safe, in fact when the batteries died in our safe the reception informed us that security could only replace these in the safe if we were present in our room and my own jewellery, camera, passport etc was more than secure in the safe as that is what it is there for.
The only slight negative point during our stay was small groups of people staying at the hotel I think they were with Thomas Cook and unfortunately some of them were quite rude and bad mannered pushing in front of you into the lift, coming out of the pool and into the lifts without drying themselves off which obviously made the floors very wet and dangerous to other people and despite being asked by the hotel staff to dry off first they still carried on but again full marks to the hotel staff who made sure the floors were mopped and dry on each occasion.
However we didn't let a minority of ignorant people spoil our stay and I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone not just because of the fantastic location but the staff cannot do enough for you.We arrived 9 hours late due to our flight being delayed, it was 1.30 in the morning and as I had mentioned I was allergic to feather materials the housekeeper changed all my pillows immediately now that's what I call service. The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels and free bottles of water and yes it is not the Hilton but you don't pay the Hilton prices either. If you are on holiday all you need is a clean room , a good shower and reliable staff as most of the time you are out and about and this hotel has all three. We would like to thank all the staff who made our stay yet again enjoyable, just to name a few, Yolaida, Wennith, Osama, John, Brooke Ron, and all the housekeepers who are behind the scenes doing a somewhat difficult job sometimes. It was a pleasure coming to your country , thanks again and keep up the good work

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank itempest
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are glad you had an awesome time at our hotel and hope you come back soon!
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at the Four Points for 2 weeks on holiday from Scotland, UK. After reading some of the previous reviews on here I felt I needed to add my own as clearly we didn't stay at the same hotel as some others!!!!

We arrived after a 9 hour flight, very tired and were checked in promptly. We were also given a fridge which was delivered to the room within 5 minutes of us setting foot through the door. I can only assume that some rooms in the hotel have not yet been reburbished because the room we had had fab views up I Drive, was spacious with 2 double beds, nice décor, spotlessly clean and the bathroom was also spotless and a fair size. Please note we booked a standard room. We had an ice machine on our floor and I know there were machines on at least every second floor and also vending machines on the ground floor near the pool entrance.

Breakfast in the hotel was good but a bit dearer than Denny's or Golden Corrall but for the sake of a couple of dollars who cares if you can't be bothered walking around to find somewhere in the morning.

The location is fantastic. Trolley/Bus stop right outside hotel for red and green lines and 7-11 directly across the road. Denny's next door, Universal within walking distance and loads of shops, restaurants etc close by. Wet and wild on the opposite corner to the hotel.

All areas of the hotel were spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly. Security on the door always. Pool area was fine for us and we had a good time at the pool bar with fellow guests and staff alike.

I'm aware that some people have bad experiences on holiday but I cannot agree with the bad reviews on here. We had one of the best holidays ever at this hotel and hope to return sometime soon. The lobby bar was great for tea and coffee all day and opened as a bar if the weather wasn't good and pool bar closed. Should mention that pool towels are available so you don't need your own. Laundry area good and reasonably priced.

We have been all over Europe, South America and USA on several occasions so we've stayed in a variety of hotels. Four Points is one of my favourites and I would recommend anyone to go and try it out for themselves. I'm very sure you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dakota1970
Thank you for review. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to exceed your expectations!
Canton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The first day was shakey. Got to our room only to have the power go out (thank goodness we weren't in the elevator as it has 21 stories). Went down to the pool bar to get the 411 and the stairwells have no lighting at all. Thank goodness for cell phone flashlight. Power came back on went back to room and No hot water for shower. No hot water by the morning so they did move us to a room that had it. The key card system was down (due to power failure) so every time I left the room someone had to take me to the room to open door. This went on for 2 days. Most of the time after that, my key they just rekeyed would never work and I would have to go back down to lobby and get it fixed. Rooms are dated but comfortable. Staff was friendly. The no ice on every floor gets me too.

Room Tip: Our room 406 had no hot water
Green Features: They did have receptacles for recycling available in lobby and pool ares
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We do appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our services for future guests. Thank you again for your review.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Good location, close to Universal, water parks, etc. And at $98/night, it's not a bad deal. And there is a gym and pool.

But the rooms are small and dated. The air conditioner was very loud, and it was either blasting cold air or was off. The bathroom smelled of mildew.

When I checked in I was to receive breakfast vouchers included in my rate. They didn't have any, but assured me they would slide them under my door. After asking 3 different times over 2 days they never showed up and I gave up.

I ate at the restaurant. I wasn't expecting much, but wasn't in the mood to walk to the Red Lobster across the street. My waitress didn't know what beers were on tap, so she called someone else. Then she complained that the coworker she called hung up on her.

All in all I really like Starwood properties, but this particular hotel is a real disappointment.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TwoWas
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

First off, I will begin by saying we are SPG gold members, so we are no strangers to SPG properties. For those of you who have read my reviews before, you know I list the good and the bad. I will begin with the good.

The staff was SUPER nice. They are friendly and they attend to you with great care. The hotel has a gym and a laundry center. The rates are very fair and reasonable, and it's very close to the Universal parks, the Millennia Mall, and directly across the street from Red Lobster - those cheesy biscuits! - and other good restaurants.

Unfortunately, the list of the bad is more encompassing than the list of the good. The hotel's sound insulation is minimal. The bathrooms and guest rooms are extremely dated...like, REALLY dated (even Howard Johnson's have granite now, while these guys are rocking the white tiled counters and checkered tile in bathrooms).

Rooms are TINY because of the design of the hotel; however it's this same design that caused the blackout shades to be obsolete when the morning light hit my face at 6:30am on a Sunday. For those of you who don't know, the hotel is a tall, circular building, so all rooms will most likely have this issue.

DISCLOSURE: This same shade malfunction is what caused me to be angry enough to write this review at 6:30 am without coffee or breakfast, as I was unable to go back to sleep.

Continuing on with the bad. We are in the 11th floor and I can still hear the buses in the street. The AC is pretty noisy. I also thought it was strange that there was no ice machine in each floor. The ice machine is on the 12th floor. That's right, just one machine. Of course, that means no vending machines for a midnight snack, at least none that I saw.

I did not visit the hotel, pool, restaurant, or laundry, so I cannot speak for how they look, but if the guest room is indicative of what the rest of the hotel may look like, I can only assume the amenities are less than desirable. Quite frankly, I was afraid to try the restaurant. If they haven't updated anything in the hotel, the kitchenware is probably also pretty dated (insert gag reflex sound here).

Lastly, and this is just me being petty, the "citrus" water they had at the entrance tasted nothing like they intended. It tasted just like water to me.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lexv160
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights in October 2013. Hotel staff friendly and room perfectly adequate. Wasn't as clean as it could have been and had a leak in bathroom ceiling from room above so would wake up to dripping sounds. Used the hotel shuttle bus to get to both universal studios and Disney found this really good. Could do with updating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple