My partner and I recently stayed in this hotel during our trip to Florida, and during our two weeks there, we found that this hotel was ideal. The location couldn't be any better; you are literally a 5 minute cab ride from Universal Studios (or around a 15/20 minute walk), and it's in a prime spot on International Drive, with a Denny's to the left, an iHop to the right, and a 7/11 across the road (all of these within 5 minutes walking distance). The hotel does offer a continental breakfast (and breakfast delivered to your room - although they charge a considerable amount for this), but we never tried it, opting to go to Denny's instead most days simply because of the great food and fantastic prices.
During the entirety of our stay, there were only two issues. One was with the Disney transfers, and one was with check-in. After a 9 and a half hour flight, followed by an hour transfer, we were hoping to check-in quickly and relax in our room. This was not the case however. Upon arrival, we visited the check-in desk and after giving my name and reservation details, I was told that the room was not ready and that we would have to wait in the lobby until housekeeping had cleaned it. I didn't mind so much that we had to wait for the room to be cleaned (although I cannot really see why it wasn't cleaned before we arrived, given that we checked in around 5:00pm), but what frustrated me was that I was never told this information directly, but learned it through hearing two members of front desk deliberating over what to do with us. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I think that if there is going to be some sort of delay then we should be informed properly, rather than just being told to sit in the lobby and wait. After half an hour or so of waiting (amongst an incredibly loud Hispanic tour group of at least 50 who were using the lobby as a meeting point) I decided to check with front desk to see if the issue was any closer to being resolved. This time I spoke to a different member of front desk, who found us another room instantly and gave us our room key. I wasn't entirely sure why this member of staff could find us a room when the other's couldn't but at that point I no longer cared.
The other issue we had was with the park transfers. Four Points offers complimentary transport to Universal and Disney, but while the Universal time schedule was fine, the Disney one was awful to plan around. There are two drop-offs on a morning for Disney: 8:10am and 10:00am. And there are two return pickups on an evening: 6:15 and 9:45.
Let me tell you - being out in Disney from 10:00am till 6:15pm is incredibly tiring given the heat and the constant walking, and we would certainly have benefitted from an earlier pickup time. The 9:45 pickup time was a problem too. Disney's 'Wishes' firework display at Magic Kingdom starts at 10:00pm, meaning that there is no way of seeing the firework shows with the hotel transport. It meant that in the end, my partner and I had to fork out $45 on a cab to take us from Magic Kingdom to the hotel in order to watch the show.
The hotel transport shuttles are complimentary so I can't complain too much, but I think the hotel really would benefit from putting in a few extra drop-offs and pickups. One issue that I can complain about, however, is one of the return shuttles we got back during our second week.
One day, we booked a return shuttle for 6:15 from Disney and the shuttle driver turned up half an hour late. When he did turn up, there were too many of us to fit in the coach, and so he told us and another party going to Four Points to get in a cab and that they would pay it. One of the ladies who we were having to share with was a little dubious about this so she rang up Legend Transport (the hotel's shuttle provider) and spoke to Adam, the manager, to confirm this. When she asked for the shuttle driver's name to double-check that the cab was going to be paid for, he wouldn't give it out. Eventually, he told the lady that his name was Adam. She explained that she'd just been on the phone to Adam (the manager) and that it certainly wasn't him she'd been speaking to. He then changed his story and told us his name was Timo (although whether this is true, I don't know) and he assured us the cab would be paid for by front desk. It was indeed paid for by front desk, but that does not change the fact that we were delayed by half an hour, and this man had lied to us about his identity - most probably so that if front desk DIDN'T pay, it couldn't be traced back to him. This kind of customer service is appalling, and I'm only bringing it up to make the hotel aware of it. This fault, however, lies with Legend Transport and NOT Four Points, so I encourage you not to think badly of the hotel in regards to this issue.
The rest of our stay was perfect. A safe is provided free-of-charge for your valuables, the room has an enormous 42" TV with cable, the beds are unbelievably comfortable, the bathroom is spacious, and the view - at least from the 17th floor is incredible.
A special shoutout to Ron for all his help organising cabs for our late night trips to Universal and Citywalk, and for helping us out with our luggage and our airport transfer on our last day. Special thanks also to the man on front desk who kept checking up on my partner to see if he had found his iPhone (unfortunately he didn't).
Overall: a great hotel with great service. A couple hiccups here and there but nothing that would stop us from staying with Four Points again. Thank you for making our trip a special one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Central Florida on infamous International Drive, the Four Points by Sheraton Orlando hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort offers modern accommodations, upgraded amenities and an ideal location near the area's top attractions. Designed for comfort and convenience, this 100% smoke-free hotel features 301 contemporary guest rooms, complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, 40" flat-screen TVs, white crisp bedding, a coffee maker, soothing bath amenities and more. Guests can also enjoy premium amenities, including on-site dining at Tropical Palms Restaurant, an outdoor pool and fire pit, a 24-hour fitness center, 6,500 square feet of meeting space, business center services, a complimentary shuttle service to select theme parks, scheduled activities, a game room, and other conveniences. This Orlando hotel on International Drive is also located near major hotspots, like Universal Studios(R) Florida and Islands of Adventure(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Walt Disney World(R) Resort and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Studio City Hotel
- Four Points Orlando
- Sheraton Orlando
- Orlando Sheraton
- Orlando Four Points
- Sheraton Studio City Orlando
- Four Points By Sheraton Orlando International Drive Florida