“Great Hotel in a Great Location”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #192 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My partner and I recently stayed in this hotel during our trip to Florida, and during our two weeks there, we found that this hotel was ideal. The location couldn't be any better; you are literally a 5 minute cab ride from Universal Studios (or around a 15/20 minute walk), and it's in a prime spot on International Drive, with a Denny's to the left, an iHop to the right, and a 7/11 across the road (all of these within 5 minutes walking distance). The hotel does offer a continental breakfast (and breakfast delivered to your room - although they charge a considerable amount for this), but we never tried it, opting to go to Denny's instead most days simply because of the great food and fantastic prices.

During the entirety of our stay, there were only two issues. One was with the Disney transfers, and one was with check-in. After a 9 and a half hour flight, followed by an hour transfer, we were hoping to check-in quickly and relax in our room. This was not the case however. Upon arrival, we visited the check-in desk and after giving my name and reservation details, I was told that the room was not ready and that we would have to wait in the lobby until housekeeping had cleaned it. I didn't mind so much that we had to wait for the room to be cleaned (although I cannot really see why it wasn't cleaned before we arrived, given that we checked in around 5:00pm), but what frustrated me was that I was never told this information directly, but learned it through hearing two members of front desk deliberating over what to do with us. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I think that if there is going to be some sort of delay then we should be informed properly, rather than just being told to sit in the lobby and wait. After half an hour or so of waiting (amongst an incredibly loud Hispanic tour group of at least 50 who were using the lobby as a meeting point) I decided to check with front desk to see if the issue was any closer to being resolved. This time I spoke to a different member of front desk, who found us another room instantly and gave us our room key. I wasn't entirely sure why this member of staff could find us a room when the other's couldn't but at that point I no longer cared.

The other issue we had was with the park transfers. Four Points offers complimentary transport to Universal and Disney, but while the Universal time schedule was fine, the Disney one was awful to plan around. There are two drop-offs on a morning for Disney: 8:10am and 10:00am. And there are two return pickups on an evening: 6:15 and 9:45.

Let me tell you - being out in Disney from 10:00am till 6:15pm is incredibly tiring given the heat and the constant walking, and we would certainly have benefitted from an earlier pickup time. The 9:45 pickup time was a problem too. Disney's 'Wishes' firework display at Magic Kingdom starts at 10:00pm, meaning that there is no way of seeing the firework shows with the hotel transport. It meant that in the end, my partner and I had to fork out $45 on a cab to take us from Magic Kingdom to the hotel in order to watch the show.

The hotel transport shuttles are complimentary so I can't complain too much, but I think the hotel really would benefit from putting in a few extra drop-offs and pickups. One issue that I can complain about, however, is one of the return shuttles we got back during our second week.

One day, we booked a return shuttle for 6:15 from Disney and the shuttle driver turned up half an hour late. When he did turn up, there were too many of us to fit in the coach, and so he told us and another party going to Four Points to get in a cab and that they would pay it. One of the ladies who we were having to share with was a little dubious about this so she rang up Legend Transport (the hotel's shuttle provider) and spoke to Adam, the manager, to confirm this. When she asked for the shuttle driver's name to double-check that the cab was going to be paid for, he wouldn't give it out. Eventually, he told the lady that his name was Adam. She explained that she'd just been on the phone to Adam (the manager) and that it certainly wasn't him she'd been speaking to. He then changed his story and told us his name was Timo (although whether this is true, I don't know) and he assured us the cab would be paid for by front desk. It was indeed paid for by front desk, but that does not change the fact that we were delayed by half an hour, and this man had lied to us about his identity - most probably so that if front desk DIDN'T pay, it couldn't be traced back to him. This kind of customer service is appalling, and I'm only bringing it up to make the hotel aware of it. This fault, however, lies with Legend Transport and NOT Four Points, so I encourage you not to think badly of the hotel in regards to this issue.

The rest of our stay was perfect. A safe is provided free-of-charge for your valuables, the room has an enormous 42" TV with cable, the beds are unbelievably comfortable, the bathroom is spacious, and the view - at least from the 17th floor is incredible.

A special shoutout to Ron for all his help organising cabs for our late night trips to Universal and Citywalk, and for helping us out with our luggage and our airport transfer on our last day. Special thanks also to the man on front desk who kept checking up on my partner to see if he had found his iPhone (unfortunately he didn't).

Overall: a great hotel with great service. A couple hiccups here and there but nothing that would stop us from staying with Four Points again. Thank you for making our trip a special one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 17th floor offer an amazing view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liam O
Yolaida R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

We are happy to hear you and your partner enjoyed your stay at the Four Points Orlando. I’m very disappointed to hear about the problems you had with your stay with our transportation company. I am very thankful that you have brought these to our attention so I can ensure we take the appropriate action to avoid these items moving forward. It’s unfortunate you had to encounter these failures but will pledge to working with the team to correct. We hope on your next travels it's at our home!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently went on a family vacation to Orlando and Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. The staff was awesome!! Manger Brooke was like a concierge assisting me to be sure that me and my son had a great stay. My son has severe cognitive disabilities and Brooke helped to get us a room with a great view of Orlando. The food the restaurant and room service was great. the staff friendly and helpful. The pool being open to 11 pm was a great way to relax after a day at the theme parks. I have stayed at many Starwood properties and the customer service at this four point was as good if not better than any of them.

1  Thank Brad D

Thank you for you review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us! We will certainly share your comments with our staff!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Couldnt fault our stay at this hotel. We stayed for 2 weeks on holiday in June/ July 14 while visiting the disney and other parks in the area which is a great base for this.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.We had a slight issue with the A/C which was reported and dealth with imediatley. I would recommend this hotel and would def return again.
We had a great view from the 14th floor over parts of international drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Yolaida R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so excited to hear you had an excellent stay here at the Four Points Orlando. Its great to hear you found our staff friendly and hotel clean.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Reasonable priced on a great location. Close to Universal Studios and Wet n wild!! Clean rooms, clean hotel. Let's be honest, we don't go to Orlando to stay in the hotel!! We go to the parks and go late at night to the hotel to sleep. It's a good deal. I would go back!!

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Four Points Orlando Studio City

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton 4 points June 18th! excellent stay reception very helpful and friendly requested a high floor at time of booking as it was our 30th anniversary, receptionist tried her best and found us a 7th floor room overlooking the pool, but we wanted a view of universal for the fireworks so had to settle for a 3rd floor room although no fault of the very helpful receptionist. Rooms were large and clean and beds were so comfortable I wanted to take one home. pool and pool area very nice could always get a sunbed and towels supplied so no need to pack towels, free wifi throughout the hotel breakfast buffet very good, the hotel is in an excellent location about a 15 minute walk to universal across the road from wet and wild and an excellent I hop next door overall an excellent stay and would come back again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank mollysussex

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel building is round shape. So, rooms are not exactly square or rectangular. Room size is just good enough. Staff is nice. Room is equipped with basic amenities like press, coffee machine, hair dryer, etc. Washing machine & dryer facility is available. Hotel has good swimming pool. Room AC is noisy. Number of elevators in the hotel are less.

Room Tip: Good hotel for family to stay as it is centrally located.
2  Thank Prasanna1965
Yolaida R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just got back from a two week stay in Orlando, Florida. Stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton. On arrival, after a long flight from the Uk, the power was off and reception was chaos. It wasn't the hotel's fault the power was off as a car accident had hit a power line, but nobody seemed able to organising arriving guests other than asking them to write their names on a clipboard. There was nowhere to sit and nowhere to leave the bags. We weren't offered any refreshments or anywhere to freshen up so had to put the luggage back in the car and went to get a drink, when we returned an hour and a half later the power had just returned. We were checked in very quickly and shown to our room. We were on the 19th floor and had a great view over International Drive.

The room was spacious with two double beds, a massive TV but only one armchair, a large bathroom and was very clean. Unfortunately the cleanliness didn't continue. Our cleaner was not very good and we complained three times to reception who,said they would speak to the housekeeping supervisor. Nothing improved and we ended cleaning everyday ourselves with wet wipes. Some days the bins weren't emptied, on another the dirty towels were left hanging in the bathroom and the clean ones left on the side. On another day we weren't left any tea, milk or sugar. We had to regularly ask for milk or cups as these weren't left. You could write your name in the dust as the cleaner clearly didn't know how to clean the furniture. Some days the carpets weren't hoovered and we found hairs in the bath that weren't ours - all in all not good. Oh and we had to make beds before we got in them as the cleaner's idea of making them was to pull the cover back over the bed and tuck it in. There was a mattress protector which was on the bed which didn't fit properly so moved around when you were in bed. It ended up,as a lump in the middle of the bed and that's where it stayed until we stripped the bed back to nothing and made it properly.

The hotel was very noisy on occasions but this was due to guests inability to have respect for others rather than the fault of the hotel. There was some road noise when International Drive was busy but we were so tired most days it didn't bother us. The air conditioning was very loud and noisy and you need ear plugs if you intend leaving it on overnight.

We had a couple of issues with the room safe and bath on arrival but these were rectified with five minutes of us calling reception.

We only ate in the restaurant a couple of mornings for breakfast which was not bad. Service wasn't great but it was buffet style so you helped yourself. It's impossible I think to get hot tea in America, which us English love at breakfast time so I gave up and had juice. Hubby was buzzing all,day from the unlimited coffee though. There was a good,selection, from cereal and toast to,cooked.

The room service is expensive. It's near enough the same as the restaurant menu but to have it delivered to your room you has to pay a 22% service charge. We had a couple of pizzas one night which were lovely but we went and ordered them and took them back to our room ourselves.

The rooms would benefit from a fridge to keep drinks cold and to keep milk in. There is a very convenient 7/11 across the road if you just fancy cereal one morning. Denny's is next door and IHOP the other side.

Staff at the hotel were all very friendly and attentive. It's just a shame we had an issue with our cleaner. The hotel itself was very clean. The pool area is very nice and make sure you ask reception for drinks vouchers if they are not given to you on check in - you can get a couple of two for one offers and a discount on breakfast. If travelling with children, be aware there is no lifeguard at the pool. Pool towels are also provided.

Al,in all it's an okay place to stay of you are not overly concerned with cleaning issues and is central to everything. Would we stay there again, probably not.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same as far as we know, just the view that will be different. Higher floors have...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billbaileyPlymouth

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your comments both positive and constructive. I will certainly review your comments with the team and I am sure we can utilize to improve in the future.