“Excellent Value, Location, Staff”

Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #188 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pennsylvania
“Excellent Value, Location, Staff”
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Enjoyed a 4 day stay here.

Pros:
Excellent Location (<5 minutes from Universal)
Free WiFi and printer
Helpful, Friendly Staff
Free Parking
No "Resort Fees"
Clean Pool, Rooms, Fitness Equipment (Limited but adequate and avail 24/7)

Cons:
Free Shuttle to Universal has limited return times
(thats really all I can think of that was not good)

I can't say enough about this hotel - really enjoyed my stay - the rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. Beds were comfortable. (A heads up, watch out for the X07 and X08 rooms as they are located near ice machine)

A very good place to stay when you are looking for a clean hotel, close to Universal and on I-Drive that isn't out to nickel and dime its guests. Parking is free and plentiful as it the use of the pool (towels provided). The grounds are clean and the staff is excellent. Rooms have likely been updated in the past few years - they aren't going to win any style awards - but they are comfortable and serve intended purpose.

Two big thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Korean first
south carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed in Orlando. The staff is the friendliest group of people I've had the good fortune of dealing with. The rooms & hotel itself is spotlessly clean. The location can't be beat. The fitness room is good enough. I just can't say enough good things about the place. We stay in Orlando every year. From now on, I will only be staying here. Thanks so much for a great hotel expierence.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Deep South
Reviewed 6 August 2009

For the price we paid by bidding on price line for this hotel, we rented three rooms, we feel that we well received our money's worth and then some. Sabrina at the front desk and Vanessa and Alexandria in the restaurant are great and always willing to help the guest.The staff overall was very accommodating.The hotel was in a moderately nice area where I felt safe, with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. None of us had anything missing from our rooms and we did not use the safe so that is a plus. If you want a refrigerator and microwave, request it on the first night of check in. You will likely end up with a refrigerator, but microwaves are in short supply. The restaurant's food is pretty good especially the omelet and waffle bar for breakfast, and the chicken soup and pork chops for dinner. Also nicely portioned kid's meals are only $2.95 in the restaurant with choices of corn dog (2), chicken tenders, grilled cheese, or macaroni. If you order room service be prepared for a 22% gratuity and a $2.00 delivery fee, which isn't too bad because their prices aren't bad. The hotel is in a central location, probably 5 minutes from Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and 15 minutes from the Disney Parks. For the price we paid $, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Kempner Tx
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Customer service is what mainly did it for me. It was my daughter's birthday and everyone signed a card for her, sent her a goody basket, amazing chocolate lava cake from their restaurant. All staff were very courteous, attentive, informative and willing to help. The restaurant has delicious food, hearty portions and reasonably priced. My favorites are blackened tilapia sandwich with buffalo mozarella cheese and the mango and blackened shrimp salad. Ask for Noemi she's wonderful.The pool was never crowded and there is a pool bar.Try their pina colada with ice cream yummy. CJ the gm in my opinion deserves an award for best gm if there is such an award. I have never before dealt with such a professional, caring, attentive person. Javier at the front desk is funny, charming and talkative. He is the one to go to for info on local shops and restaurants. He claims to be related to Daddy Yankee. Ok Javier. The concierge, Lucretia, will give you info on a casino cruise to Port Canaveral. It is so worth it. I had the time of my life there and spent a whole $10. Hotel is right across from Wet n Wild and near prime outlets, Universal Studios and a ton of shops and restaurants. The beds were super comfortable. The bathroom is very spacious. To all military personnel and dependents, call about their military rate. They give you a $50 voucher per day to use at their restaurant, pool bar or room service. Considering that the restaurant is very inexpensive this is such a good deal. In essence you get the room for about $39. What a deal! They made me feel like family. I will certainly stay there again and again.
. .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
south florida
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I read a mix of reviews, but was confident that with the renovations it would be wonderful. I must say. Its not all bad. Aesteically speaking, it is nice. BUT IT ENDS THERE. the staff is not unfriendly, in fact, the women who checked me in was quite nice, but she admitted to me that as a hotwire customer, my room would be yuck. Basically, before we even finished check in, she had to change my room 3 times. All three times changing my car registration and my keys. THEN, and in order to make this short and sweet ill list them
1. Our keys didnt work, went and got new ones THREE times - none of them worked, security had to let us in and then they sent engineering to come CHANGE EVERYTHING ON OUR DOOR LIKE THE HANDLES... with drills and everything fun that you want to start off your honeymoon!!
2. our safe didnt work- sent someone up, still doesnt work (by the way, im still here on my honeymoon- my husband and i are just so upset by this hotel, we decided to take a minute to come on and talk about it!) Because we cant keep valuables safe, we have hid them around the room and put a no to cleaning service because we dont want anyone in the room- so despite my calls to front desk, we can not get it fixed.
3. the manager offered us no new room, no help, no assistance. In fact, WE had to continue to walk down to get our own room keys numerous times when the door was broken
4. the internet would not connect and the manager told me i would have to call the support line myself. when i called the guy on the line said "YOUR A GUEST!?!?! WHY DIDNT THE HOTEL CALL THEMSELVES"
5. everyone that we have spoken with here has the same seniments, beautiful hotel with much potential, but the management stinks and they need more improvement on the little things. Evening the engineer told us of very similar problems with the keys and doors and leaks and floods.
All in all- i will stay again, for the right price, and if they make some management changes. It is nice, very comfy beds, but once again, these are all APPEALING and well and good but this is not relaxing. Unfortunatley my new husband has called this the vacation from hell because there have been many little things in the first 24 hours with this hotel, and all we want to do is relax after the stress of life and wedding planning. If it were any other vacation, i probably wouldnt be so upset or even write about it, but when you cant get the words "vacation from hell" out of your head about your honeymoon, it kind of makes you just want to go home and forget about it, rather then stay and endure any more problems.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vmr24
Wales
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This hotel is fantastic. Its beautiful, friendly and modern with a cool, hip theme of moviestars, etc.
Great location (and very calm and prepared during hurricanes!)
I stay there whenever I'm in Orlando - highly reccomended hotel!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Hempstead, Kent
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed in this Hotel in June for 3 weeks, the hotel staff were very helpful and the rooms was spotlessly clean. The pool area was very nice and very quiet most of the time, on some of the days we went round the pool there were only about 3 other people there. The hotel is in a great position at the end of i-Drive with some nice restaurants nearby. Across the road is a Red Lobster which was very nice, we ate here several times, there was an i-hop and 1 side and a Dennys a short walk (5 mins) on the other. There is a crazy golf next door which my children enjoyed but was quite expensive about £35.00 for all of us. We were travelling with my 11 year old daughter and 7 year old son, and found the childrens meals in the all the restaurants very cheap and they got loads.

It is a short 10 min walk to all the other restaurants on International Drive. It took us approximately 20 mins to drive to the Disney parks and less than 5 mins to Universal. We had great views of Universal from our Hotel we were on the 16th Floor. It takes approximately just over 5 mins to wet n wild which is just across the road, which was really nice.

There is a safe in your room which was good and there was a large cupboard to put all your clothes in and some draw space outside, take extra hangers as you will need them.

We asked for a fridge the day we got there and was told there was a waiting list as they were now free, we come back the next day to find it installed in our room, which was great, and made great use of it.

There is a Walmarts about 10 mins up the road which was great, very cheap, we went there to stock up on snacks, water and juice and filled our fridge up the whole time.

We spent a day at Discovery cove while we were there, it was expensive, but the swimming with dolphin experience was fantastic, I couldn't recommend it highly enough, if you can afford it. We also saw the Blue Man Group at Universal which was also very good if you get the chance.

There are some good shopping malls about 10 mins away which were all very cheap.

I didn't visit the hotel restaurant so can't comment, but had snacks round the pool (Club Sandwich and chips) which was cheap and very nice.

I could not fault this hotel at all, we had a fantastic stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family