Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive
Ranked #195 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and after I read the reviews I was disappointed, Most of the reviews were really bad and since I was going with m husband, brother in law and his wife for spring break I tough I was just screwed, but when we arrived at the hotel the staff was very friendly, they treat us the same as other customers, rooms were clean, parking was free and it was a 20 min walk from Universal, near to most of the shops and restaurants and also free wi-fi, which is a most these days.

I would definitely go back to this hotel next year. My only complain is the shuttle, it has so limited time to be pick-up/drop off that we took taxis, but it's Ok because taxi is $5.00, not bad.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
artanika, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2009

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad you took the opportunity to experience the Four Points and see what we had to offer. Please consider us when you plan your next visit to Orlando; we look forward to WOWING you and your family...

Reviewed 19 August 2009

This is Our Favorite Hotel in Orlando...Especially when going to Universal Studios!
We are Starwood Members so, we frequent mostly their hotels. We hadn't been to this hotel in a while but were surprised to see the updates that had been done.
Everything was Great however, we do miss the Old Hollywood Theme that gave it Character. The New Blinds in the Room darkened the room nicely even when the sun was still out. The beds were comfortable and the room clean as usual.
The guy who checked us in was exceptionally pleasant & the Concierge that has been there for a long time is great (we always look forward to seeing him because, he is so nice & friendly). As always we will be back! =)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments in reference to the property and staff. We are excited that you consider us your home away from home and look forward to your future visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any needs or concerns; we would love to make every experience a memorable one.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Four Points Sheraton, and left very impressed. The hotel is kept spotless, and the staff is very friendly. They made us feel very welcome and 'at home'. At check-in I requested a fridge be put in the room. The next day it was there! I had read a recent negative review from a guest who booked thru priceline, and felt they were not treated right. This made me nervous, as I also booked through priceline. There was no need to worry.....I honestly do not feel that I was treated any differenly than guests who had paid a higher rate. I will absolutely be staying at this hotel again. My family has stayed in Orlando many times. Four Points is by FAR the best value hotel we have stayed at.

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Enjoyed a 4 day stay here.

Pros:
Excellent Location (<5 minutes from Universal)
Free WiFi and printer
Helpful, Friendly Staff
Free Parking
No "Resort Fees"
Clean Pool, Rooms, Fitness Equipment (Limited but adequate and avail 24/7)

Cons:
Free Shuttle to Universal has limited return times
(thats really all I can think of that was not good)

I can't say enough about this hotel - really enjoyed my stay - the rooms were very clean and nicely appointed. Beds were comfortable. (A heads up, watch out for the X07 and X08 rooms as they are located near ice machine)

A very good place to stay when you are looking for a clean hotel, close to Universal and on I-Drive that isn't out to nickel and dime its guests. Parking is free and plentiful as it the use of the pool (towels provided). The grounds are clean and the staff is excellent. Rooms have likely been updated in the past few years - they aren't going to win any style awards - but they are comfortable and serve intended purpose.

Two big thumbs up.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed in Orlando. The staff is the friendliest group of people I've had the good fortune of dealing with. The rooms & hotel itself is spotlessly clean. The location can't be beat. The fitness room is good enough. I just can't say enough good things about the place. We stay in Orlando every year. From now on, I will only be staying here. Thanks so much for a great hotel expierence.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

For the price we paid by bidding on price line for this hotel, we rented three rooms, we feel that we well received our money's worth and then some. Sabrina at the front desk and Vanessa and Alexandria in the restaurant are great and always willing to help the guest.The staff overall was very accommodating.The hotel was in a moderately nice area where I felt safe, with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. None of us had anything missing from our rooms and we did not use the safe so that is a plus. If you want a refrigerator and microwave, request it on the first night of check in. You will likely end up with a refrigerator, but microwaves are in short supply. The restaurant's food is pretty good especially the omelet and waffle bar for breakfast, and the chicken soup and pork chops for dinner. Also nicely portioned kid's meals are only $2.95 in the restaurant with choices of corn dog (2), chicken tenders, grilled cheese, or macaroni. If you order room service be prepared for a 22% gratuity and a $2.00 delivery fee, which isn't too bad because their prices aren't bad. The hotel is in a central location, probably 5 minutes from Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and 15 minutes from the Disney Parks. For the price we paid $, I would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 1 August 2009

Customer service is what mainly did it for me. It was my daughter's birthday and everyone signed a card for her, sent her a goody basket, amazing chocolate lava cake from their restaurant. All staff were very courteous, attentive, informative and willing to help. The restaurant has delicious food, hearty portions and reasonably priced. My favorites are blackened tilapia sandwich with buffalo mozarella cheese and the mango and blackened shrimp salad. Ask for Noemi she's wonderful.The pool was never crowded and there is a pool bar.Try their pina colada with ice cream yummy. CJ the gm in my opinion deserves an award for best gm if there is such an award. I have never before dealt with such a professional, caring, attentive person. Javier at the front desk is funny, charming and talkative. He is the one to go to for info on local shops and restaurants. He claims to be related to Daddy Yankee. Ok Javier. The concierge, Lucretia, will give you info on a casino cruise to Port Canaveral. It is so worth it. I had the time of my life there and spent a whole $10. Hotel is right across from Wet n Wild and near prime outlets, Universal Studios and a ton of shops and restaurants. The beds were super comfortable. The bathroom is very spacious. To all military personnel and dependents, call about their military rate. They give you a $50 voucher per day to use at their restaurant, pool bar or room service. Considering that the restaurant is very inexpensive this is such a good deal. In essence you get the room for about $39. What a deal! They made me feel like family. I will certainly stay there again and again.
. .