“Just Ok!”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #140 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this location because of a conference we were attending. We didn't have a car so we were forced to rely on Taxi Cabs. A vehicle is a must at this location because nothing is within walking distance to anything and it rained everyday that we were in FL. The staff was the best part of our stay. The rooms are dated and need remodeling but for families that will be out of the room and taking in the sights, it's o.k.

• Stayed: October 2012
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

At the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld there are multiple options when it comes to transportation. In the hotel lobby, there is an on-site car rental desk as well as the Lynx Bus and I-Ride Trolley that both stop out front of the hotel. Our concierge desk personnel are available to help with any questions you may have. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,266)

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Lets be honest if your staying at this hotel the highest chance is that you are staying in the area for leisure travel and to visit one of the nearby theme parks.

Due to the location hotels in this area will cost you more than similar hotels without the location advantage, so my review is not factoring in price only the quality of service.

I was visiting to stay just for a single night to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. I originally had reservations at an Embassy further away and they offered a few amenities that this hotel does not have. The reason for the swap of hotels was the one amenity this hotel offered that the Embassy did not.

Complimentary shuttle service, being right down the road from the park, I had called the hotel directly and asked if they offered a shuttle to the park and would also be able to pick us up late when the park was closed.

The first time I called the person told me they offer the shuttle but was not sure if it would run extended hours to pick us up after Halloween Horror Nights. So I called back the next day and the person I spoke with this time confirmed & verified they offer a shuttle to the park AND that they would pick us up when the park closed.

When we arrived at the hotel early evening, we had to wait a good amount of time to check in. They have multiple front desk computers to check in guests but only had one person working at the time despite it being a heavy check-in period. We had friends already at the park waiting on us to meet them so this held us up.

As we got checked in the very first thing I did was inquire about the shuttle and asked to reserve it to go to the park. At that point I was told by the lady that checked us in that the shuttle only runs on a schedule and they only had 1 trip to the park for the entire day. Something about 10:10AM to drop off and that is it!! No more drop off times, and not a single pick up time.

I just had the entire reason we stayed here invalidated, the shuttle service is practically worthless. I have never been to a hotel that did not offer shuttle service on request for a guest or at the very least should have a valid schedule for operation based on events in the area.

So while I said I would not factor price into my review, I will still mention that means we paid more to stay here than we would have at the other hotel that we would have enjoyed more. Paid the $15 parking fee for the hotel, and then had to pay the $15 fee to park at the park itself.

The room we had was clean and nice, but very basic. I would have really liked to see a microwave or refrigerator included in rooms for a hotel of this class. People traveling on leisure often have children and may need to keep food or even milk for say a baby. A 2 bed setup is designed to tailor for family use and thus it is standard in many hotels I know of to always have a fridge.

Also we had a stand up shower not a bathtub, I can't hold this against the hotel if its simply part of the design, but after walking 20 miles all day at the park a nice warm bath would have been very inviting.

My greatest compliment about the room would be the outstanding HVAC system, the room was cooled before we even checked in, and stayed nice and cool during our stay.

The little interaction I had with the staff while there was pleasant enough, but the people I spoke with on the phone pre-arrival definitely need better communication skills. If they do not know the answer to a question they should offer to find out, and miss-information like I had received can totally ruin somebodies trip.

Would I go back here? Definitely not the hotel is not tailored for my personal needs, however if the hotel suits your needs based mostly on location it seems pleasant enough to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We will work with the team to ensure matters such as yours are addressed appropriately so all guests can enjoy their time here. In addition to the shuttles to the area theme parks, guests can utilize the Lynx Bus and the I-Ride Trolley that stop out front of our hotel. At the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld we offer multiple room types, some include a bathtub as well as a refrigerator and microwave. When trying to determine the best fit for your needs, our web site is the best resource. We hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Having read numerous reviews on this hotel prior to making our decision to choose it I felt it was only right I gave my verdict too!
Firstly I emailed the hotel for a personal request before we left the UK and April responded to me promptly and met my request which was very much appreciated and made a good starting impression.
Check in was speedy on arrival and we were soon in our room. We were in room 1148 which had a king bed and sofa as it was just myself and my boyfriend. We had a fridge and safe. I am a bit confused a fridge is not in every room considering reading so many reviews and gripes on this. It should be as standard and then maybe some guests wouldn't experience the irritation of being charged for one and this hotel would get a higher rating. It is one of the garden rooms, but we did not overlook any pools which made it very quiet and due to the time of year with the schools back and being hurricane season the hotel seemed relatively quiet so we did not experience any noise which was good. I know some have mentioned disappointment with these rooms as they are 'motel like' but this must be more of an American stigma as we don't have these in England and the exterior was not an issue for us, only the inside which was clean and perfect. We quite liked the rustic feel, it reminded us of the Carribbean The maids were in every day to clean and the bed was incredibly comfy! A nice welcome after a long day at the parks! I would back up another persons review on the fact the maids switched on the air con every day despite us turning it off so we returned cold. Nothing major but it was a bit of a pain.

Location wise it was great for us.Just out of the main international drive so quieter, but equally close enough to reach the restaurants. We got an I-ride pass from the expedia desk as soon as we arrived which we used daily. The bus stops right outside and we used it in place of the free shuttles the hotel offers occasionally as we could catch it at more convenient times. We used it to go to both premium outlets which are at both ends of the i-ride line, also to visit Wonderworks (recommended for adults and children alike - it's the upside down building which you can't miss and has all kinds of fun illusions and games). The restaurants on i-drive we recommend for a medium budget are Delmonicos (across road from Double-tree), a nice Italian, TGI Fridays, Red Lobster (stop 28), and above all, Bahama Breeze. Lovely food and top atmosphere with a live steel band playing while you eat!
We ate in the hotel twice. Once for lunch and once for breakfast on our last day. The food was nice, but definitely too expensive. What I can't understand is how many posts I read on how many people are going over to the Village Inn to eat due to this and how much business is lost. If this was my hotel I would be addressing this to keep my guests in the hotel. Before and after the parks many people are tired and want convenience and would eat at the hotel if it was better priced. We may be typically English but all we wanted for breakfast was some tea, toast/eggs on toast so $17 each was far too much. We asked if they did smaller breakfasts we could pay for and they said no. If they had have done we would have eaten there every day. Also we did enjoy our lunch there so decided to consider eating there for dinner. We asked to see the evening menu and they gave us the one we had received at lunch. We thought they may differ and so did not have dinner in the end.
The grounds were lovely, loved the Lobby and the fountains on site. Felt very tropical. The pool was nice and we always got a bed. We also thought the Saturday big screen film was a nice touch, the children seemed to love it as they could swim and watch Toy Story at the same time, and we did too!
Another reviewer mentioned the point they were not made aware about the Seaworld discounts and queue jumps etc. We too were not informed by the hotel and only knew via tripadvisor. I think this is a big plus and an important feature they should be communicating to all guests! The Expedia desk did have a go at the time-share sell as others mentioned but we didn't get wrapped up in that and just said we weren't interested and weren't hassled more, so just be frank with them if you get stuck!! The internet was painfully slow to what you would expect for a modern hotel, but it was free and we only needed to check our bank quickly, it just to an age to do it! No biggy though but I know some found it more frustrating.
Definitely book onto the shuttles, as said this was not peak time and they were still quite busy so it's important to plan ahead and book on!

All in all we were really pleased with our stay. I was taken to Orlando as a child and my parents hired a car and were worried how we'd cope without one as we were on a budget. I was a little worried too but can honestly say with the i-ride and shuttles we did not want for one at all and got about so easily. If anything it worked out much less costly/stressful!

On check out we were charges for water which was put in the rooms which we did not drink. We had made a point of buying our own. I know someone else said this happened. They did take it off the bill, but a bit cheeky if it's something they are doing often.
We took the Linx Bus to the airport. $2 each - bargain! Much better than our $19 each on the way!

I would happily book this hotel again as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, it had everything we needed. Thank you Double Tree!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your detailed review and suggestions to guests. It appears you were able to experience a variety of onsite amenities during your stay and we are delighted you shared them with us. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve in our services and we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We are happy you had a great time and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I've stayed here three times now and really live this hotel. It's close to international drive and Seaworld but has a wonderful relaxed atmosphere if you just want to enjoy the property itself. Ask for a corner room in the tower if possible as they are the largest rooms with the best views.

Check in is easiest in the early afternoon.

There is a free Reilly stop right in front of the hotel which will take you to several of the areas restaurants or attractions.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cratcliffefl
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

The greatest compliment we could receive is that a guest returns and enjoys each visit. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, we offer a variety of amenities for all of our guests. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed two nights recently as we had our pre-convention meeting and wanted to spend some time looking over the area. This is a Seaworld partner hotel which give the guests some extra discounts etc. The facility was very busy, however they have over 1000 rooms available. The service was great and very clean facility. There is a trolley that has a stop right in front of the hotel which will take you down International drive where many restaurants and shopping is located. Premium Outlet mall is close by.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BobKaiser

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. With 28 acres of landscaped property including a games area, three pools a spa and more, there is something for everyone to do while here. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your time with us and experience the amenities the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld offers to our guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We traveled here for another 2 week visit to Orlando and we where glad we did. When we arrived we where greeted with some really yummy warm cookies ( nice touch ). The location is very good ,just over e road from seaworld, you can just walk through the parking lot to the back where a gate will open with your key card and just over the road is seaworld, 5 min walk to Aquatica. Right on idrive also with many different choices for dining, you can use the I trolley or drive. You also get some seaworld perks like free fast passes which was great to beat all the ques.

Service from all staff was very very good, all smiles, pleases and thank you's to give your stay a great feel. The room are really nice and modern from the last refurbishment, nice size, very clean and as I say nice and modern.

Great pool and grounds also, if your going to seaworld a lot maybe request a room to the back of the property if you don't mind not having a view, much quieter and shorter walk to seaworld.

Definitely recommend and we would stay again no hesitation.

Stayed: May 2012

We can't thank you enough for your comments regarding your stay. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy so much while here and we look forward to sharing your feedback with the team. Your recommendations to others is appreciated and we hope you have the opportunity to visit the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon. We'll have plenty of warm cookies waiting!

Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here September 16-21st, and it far exceeded our expectations. The hotel itself is beautiful, clean, and well kept. The staff is very helpful and attentive. When we checked in, David E. upgraded us to a Jr. Suite and gave us free breakfast certificates to bring my husband's Grandmother for breakfast! (We visited Orlando to see her). The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was very spacious and clean. The breakfast at the restaurant was good, too - buffet style. The workout facility is excellent and there are 3 pools on the grounds. They were working on the sidewalks while we were there which was a bit of a hassle, but really, I can't complain. The location on International Drive is fantastic, too. I will definitely be staying here again! Thanks David!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled that you and your husband were able to enjoy so much while at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Experiences such as yours are what we strive to deliver each guest and we are happy we could make your stay with us great! Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.