Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
US$222
US$241
US$177
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$617
US$492
Travelocity
7,516 results
All reviewssea worldvillage inndouble treeapril willisinternational drivewarm cookiestower roommain towermini golfconvention centeri ride trolleyping pongpool barparking feemain poolfree shuttleseaworld
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I went to Orlando for a business trade show. I had stayed in the same area before, and it was convenient to the convention center, my favorite restaurant, and easy to get back on I-4 and travel elsewhere. I wasn't able to secure my previous hotel, so I booked this since it was nearby. The website shows photos of the tower, very tasteful, and when I checked in, I assumed that I would be staying there. I had no idea the cluster of "old motels" surrounding the tower would be my accommodations. When I protested, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked, and I was welcome to stay elsewhere. Seeing as it was 10:30 pm and my trade show began in 10 hours, I had no choice. The room itself was nicely decorated, very clean, but had no refrigerator or microwave. The tv did not work properly, had limited channels. My biggest complaint was the bed. It was like sleeping on concrete!! And the pillows had to have been the cheapest, lumpiest pillows available on the market today. It was by far the worst sleeping arrangements I have encountered!! I can be unhappy about the outside entrance, the $15/night parking fee, the lack of electrical outlets and appliances, but I cannot forgive the fact that I had horrible nights of sleep! Since all I did was shower and sleep there, I cannot comment on the food offered on premises, but feeling as I was being ripped off by parking my car in front of my room to the tune of $15/night, I chose to eat at the fabulous Italian restaurant across the street, as well as keep bagels in my room. There are other hotels in the area; make your arrangements early....don't stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ingit
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

It disappoints us to learn your stay was not as you had hoped. We appreciate you bringing these points to our attention as feedback like yours helps us to improve in our services offered. Guests choosing to utilize the parking area receive a gated and secure area to leave their vehicle while staying with us. Our hotel offers a variety of room types and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with yours. Thank you for sharing your perspective and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again so we can renew your trust.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I loved my four night stay at this hotel. Was in Orlando for a small convention held at this hotel so I had no choice but to stay there. From the moment I arrived to the front desk where I was greeted with a smile and a warm and tasty chocolate chip cookie and a very nice room to the moment of departure, it was all quite enjoyable. Room was excellent. Clean, spacious, and nicely laid out. The only thing missing was a refrigerator to keep those water bottles and drinks cold for those hot Orlando days (it was actually quite warm for a January but maybe not unusually so for Orlando). Three good looking pools and I managed to spare 30 minutes for a quick jump in one of them during my otherwise busy stay. It is a resort lay out with a 16 story tower (where I was) and a number of two story buildings surrounding the tower and interspersed with lovely green space and walkways between the various buildings. The hotel is located steps away from International drive and a special bus that you can catch just outside the hotel goes back and forth along the North and South paths of the drive with stops at the nearby Seaworld and many other attractions. It is a very convenient way to explore the various attractions, restaurants and Outlet Malls (fabulous shopping) along International Drive. I bought a day pass (I think it was around 5 dollars) and used it fully on my first day there to explore the area and do some shopping before things got busy with work. All in all, it was an enjoyable stay and I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The hotel tower is not surrounded by tall building so your view is relatively unobstructed but obviously the higher floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

It is great that you were able to enjoy so much during your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Our central location and transportation options available for our guests make it easy to get around and we are happy you liked that aspect of your stay. Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We'll have more warm cookies waiting!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Arrived home today and I'm already looking to go back!
Reading the poor reviews underneath im shocked as my stay was amazing! We had a tower room on the 9th floor, I paid a little extra for a king room as it was our anniversary. When we arrived we were stunned at the size of the room and what we found, the room was decorated and we had a signed card from everyone to say congratulations.
The room was cleaned daily to a high standard. We got food from Max's deli a few times, quick sandwiches and pizza when your too tired to go out and eat.
There is an I-Ride trolly stop right outside and we purchased a day pass for $5 each from the travel info desk or its $1.50 each time you ride. We recieved coupons from Michael at the travel desk, he was so helpful!
Wifi is fast in the lobby and by the pool area, not as fast in the rooms but still works just about. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HayWill90

We are thrilled you enjoyed the extra special touches to help celebrate your anniversary. It is great to learn you enjoyed the convenience of the transportation options located just outside the hotel and were able to take advantage of offers available to registered guests. Thank you for sharing your stay and we look forward to your next visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We visited as a family of four (with adult children). Staff were helpful in finding us a room closer to the main property on the ground level. (Lack of lifts/elevators would be an issue if you find it hard to get around - only found in the main "tower"). The lobby is very pretty, as are the grounds. Good restaurant/cafe/bar available. Tourist shop on site to help with park tickets.
Complimentary shuttles were great and quite frequent. iRide Trolley not so great... Cabs readily available and average about $30 each way to Universal. Seaworld is really close, which is a plus. Disney shuttle buses were good, however very crowded as they make numerous stops.
Most importantly, the rooms are immaculate and clean. For me, this is paramount. I could not fault the service. Everybody was friendly and helpful. We also got welcome cookies everytime we entered the lobby - most welcome after a fun-filled day at the parks.
Would most certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the parking area. They had the appearance of a motel, and not a pretty view. We asked for a room on the east side on the ground floor. It was lovely and not far from the quieter pool. If you do have a room on the 1st floor - don't be tempted to take your own suitcases up to your room! We found out the hard way :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

It is wonderful to learn you enjoyed the recent renovations at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. It is experiences like yours that we strive to deliver to guests and we appreciate your kind comments. There are a variety of room types available for our guests and our website is the best resource when trying to determine which accommodations best meet your needs. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Molly's birthday was 1/17/13. She was treated to stuffed animals, cake and lots of singing "Happy Birthday". Easy transport to Sea World. Friendly& helpful staff. I booked the trip and it was like magic.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

We are thrilled the birthday surprises and your overall experiences were magical. It was great to have had you here and we hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon!