“Heavenly Sweet Sixteen!”

Ranked #130 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Heavenly Sweet Sixteen!”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We decided to take our daughter and her best friend to Universal Studios for her 16th birthday. I accidentally sprained my ankle a week before leaving for Florida and was on crutches the whole time. The staff at DoubleTree were so accomodating, even providing me with pick up service from our room to awaiting car service. We ate dinner at the Bamboo Grille a few nights and there was a salmon dish that was absolutely "to die for." Coming from New York where it seems everyone is in such a rush, sometimes at the expense of good service, its nice to get the "special treament" every now and then.

Room Tip: For a ground level room, not noisey at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
We appreciate you choosing to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld to celebrate your daughter's Sweet 16! We hope your ankle is feeling better. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your dining experience at Bamboo Grille. We are happy you enjoyed your time here and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was in the tower, Devon made Check a wonderful experience. The staff is great! Had many meals in the hoel and once while sitting outside our male waiter was awful, but so many others were great we did not let this impact the rating. Food quality was good, the breakfast buffet sometimes runs out of food during peak times, but the quality is worth the wait. The Bar is great, Roger is a Star. Only issue no snifters for Cognac, might as well been in a red solo cup, management needs a swift kick for this, and this with the other minor issues is why not excellent. The room was clean, well lit and comfortable, shower was tiny and low pressure. Valet service rocks! very friendly and very helpful. All in all I would go back.

Room Tip: TOWER, was told other rooms are dated...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank texasrsg
It is great that you were able to enjoy many of the on-site amenities during your stay. We are happy you had the chance to enjoy the breakfast buffet at Bamboo Grille and had the opportunity to visit the Bangli Lounge. When staying with us, guests can choose from a variety of room types and our website provides details on accommodations. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld soon.
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Just got back from our lovely holiday and thought we would review the Doubletree.we had a couple of issues with care line or as we called it couldn't careless line but both were dealt with satisfactorily and house keeping needs to sort it's times out as we went back to a dirty room three times and had to wait for the maid to come or finish.as this is our 4th time here you can tell we like it here its so quiet , clean and friendly we just enjoy our time in the pool and the grounds.we would recommend the doubletree to any one and don't be afraid to ask for anything as they do their utmost to give it to you .well done again doubletree and a special thanks to April Willis and her staff outstanding.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Micky49uk
Your continued loyalty to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld and the Hilton Brand is truly appreciated. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention. We will work with the team to ensure our guests continue to receive the highest level of customer service. Your recommendation to others is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We came back on Tuesday 15th may, we went for my boyfriends 25th birthday, im only 22, so were quite a young couple and the only thing I would change about this hotel is the shuttle bus picking up and dropping off, more regular and frequent!!

Apart from that, unless your the type of person with your head up your backside, this hotel is great and we most definitely will be back!! X

Also the shopping was Amazing!!.. Just ask about the bus outside!! X

• Stayed May 2013
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We are happy you and your boyfriend enjoyed his birthday celebration. Thank you for sharing your feedback as comments like yours help us to improve in our services. It is great that you had the chance to experience shopping and the area attractions during your visit. We look forward to your next visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 May 2013

SEAWORLD We booked a Seaworld package for two adults and one Child. But as we arrived at Seaworld we found out that we didn't get any ticket for our child. Customer service at Seaworld was very friendly and helped us to call Doubletree reservation service where we finally got informed that our son is not included in the package price. They couldn't help us wanted to transfer us to the front desk of the hotel but after five minutes of waiting I hung up the line. The frontdesk didn't inform us or even offered us any ticket's for our kid, poor service. How can you sell a package for Seaworld to families not including kid's, unbelievable?! RESTAURANT, BREAKFAST we had Breakfast for two adults and our 4 year old son. At the front desk a big sign. FREE BREAKFAST FOR KIDS 12 NAD BELOW 12 AND UNDER AT THE BAMBOO GRILLE. We have bee charged 1 KIDS BR BUFFET $7.95. The chocolate milk we have taken for our son was outdated and was already rotten. After giving it to the service personal he brought to fresh ones. THE SUITE we booked the "suite". Doesn't deserve the name with such a tiny bathroom and no bathtub. It's obvios it used to be two single rooms merged to one. But with to old AC's making us crazy. One after another turned on and off and we could hardly sleep that night. As International Business man a travel worldwide and I've seen a lot of Hilton Hotels. But this DOUBLE TREE by HILTON ORLANDO doesn't deserve the name HILTON >> NEVER AGAIN THANK YOU!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Paul S
We truly regret any inconvenience you may have experienced during your visit. All children 12 and younger do receive a free breakfast in our restaurant and we thank you for making us aware of your experiences. We will utilize your feedback as we work with the team to ensure our guests receive the highest level of customer service. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Celbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I recently stayed in the Doubletree by Seaworld. I arranged for groceries to be delivered prior to my arrival with April (a Manager) and she looked after this wonderfully and was left in our room for our arrival, she was also great with any questions I had prior to arrival.

I stayed here in 2010 and had an amazing time so decided to go back again this year.

The rooms are lovely we had a fridge and microwave which came in handy for drinks etc. Pools are lovely too. All the pool staff are great. Very clean.

Bangli Restaurant in hotel is way over priced. I got 2 portions of take out fries and the bill came to $14.58. Not even a drink with that.

You have an automatic wake up with loud music by the middle pool at 9am sharp every morning. I didn't mind but my boyfriend wanted to sleep on and there was no way to sleep through it.

Also really annoying that someone kept ringing our phone and then when I picked up there was no one there. This happend everyday and sometimes at strange hours in the morning. I eventually unpluged the phone.

Everything went pretty smoothly until the last day. 3 days prior to my departure I arranged a late check (which you pay for, but well worth it). We had the do not disturb sign on the door and at 12 in the afternoon (we weren't leaving until 4pm) the cleaner walked into our room. Didn't think this was acceptable at all. I wasn't there but my boyfriend was not impressed. The poor cleaning lady got a right earful. Obvious lack of commuication here.

Both are keys were deactivated and we couln't get into our room after 12pm on our final day. Had a nightmare waiting around for security staff to come and open the door. The second time this happened we were waiting so long I went to the Lobby to see what was happening with getting the door opened as it was wasting time standing around at the door rather than enjoying the last few minutes of our holiday. at the same time I let them know about the cleaner walking in but they just ignored this remark and just spoke about getting me into our room.

There was some building work going on while we were there, but there was no disruption to us at all as it is all very well planned.

If I was staying in Orlando again I might consider somewhere else on International Drive as nothing wowed me to come back to come back, especially since there aren't many dining options very close. (last time there was more dining options in the hotel, a pizza place and a better deli, they are gone now or being refurbished I don't know, and i like to stay by pool all day and not venture off for lunch). But if you like to eat out of the hotel this is a lovely hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a fridge, comes in very handy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mydance86
We thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld recently underwent some upgrades to provide our guests with a more enjoyable experience. Those enhancements are now nearing completion and we regret any inconvenience this may have caused. While here, guests can enjoy a meal at Bamboo Grille, Bangli Lounge as well as Max's Deli and our signature recipe pizza . Thank you for making us aware of your concerns with housekeeping. As we continually strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, I will share your feedback with the team. It is our hope to welcome you back so we can restore your trust.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My girlfriend and I decided we needed an escape and chose Orlando, Florida because we've never been there. Choosing the hotel was the hardest part of the planning process for us because we are both very picky and wanted a nice place to spend our 7 nights. After reading several reviews about this place (both good and bad) we decided to give it a shot and see for ourselves.

Upon arriving, staff was very friendly and gave us a warm welcome. We checked in and were given Free breakfast for 2 for one morning and two vouchers for the Bangli Lounge located within the hotel. The cookies at the front desk are simply AMAZING!!! Every time we had to speak with the front desk, we got these delicious cookies!

The property is large and has 3 large swimming pools, 2 outdoor jacuzzi and a pool bar. We stayed in the North Tower. The building was very clean when we walked in. As soon as we entered the room it felt nice and cozy as well / no problem with the smell either. The room was very clean and had a flat screen LG television set. The ONLY disappointment in my opinion was the bathroom. Don't get me wrong the bathroom was not dirty when we entered but I feel as if it can use some renovations. It just did not blend well with the rest of the room... We had an issue with our toilet the second night of our stay and very friendly hotel staff came and fixed the issue for us in less than 30 minutes. Housekeeping staff were on top of things, never a day where we walked in and were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room.

The staff at Bangli Lounge were very friendly and professional. They always made sure our meal was perfect and we were completely satisfied. On two occasions, our orders got messed and our waiter fixed it right away and brought back our hot meal within minutes.
Breakfast in the morning was amazing! Large variety of breakfast items to choose from. We were full off 1 round at the buffet, that's how filling the breakfast buffet was.

The hotel is located at a nice location. International Dr is the best place to stay when visiting Orlando for Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Disney World, etc. We ate at different restaurants and bars every day. The I-Trolley definitely made our trip a whole lot better. A day pass is $5 and you can travel along International Dr unlimited times within the day. There is a lot to do on International Dr it will definitely keep you busy.

All in all when I am ready to go back to Orlando, the first place I will call is DoubleTree at Sea World. Hopefully they will give me some good news that the bathrooms have been renovated. I am hoping they will get to this eventually because they were doing renovations on the lobby during our stay. If bathrooms are renovated, we are definitely making our reservation here again!

Room Tip: King room in the tower is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Toront O
Your detailed review of your experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is appreciated. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your stay and we thank you for providing your feedback. Comments like yours help us to improve in the services we offer our guests and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you need to get away. Thank you.