“Excellent Service”

Ranked #129 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have not yet traveled to the Doubletree, however I would like to mention the excellent service I have so far received from April Willis Guest Service Manager, I have had a number of issues, nothing to do with the Hilton they have related to the holiday I have booked in the UK, however anything that I have requested from the Hilton to make my stay in Florida enjoyable has been dealt with professionally, swiftly and successfully, I would like to say that April has been a star and if this is the level of service I can expect during my stay it will be an outstanding holiday well done Hilton for employing excellent staff

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RRooney
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Your kind comments regarding your interactions with our team are appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us prior to your arrival so we could work together to ensure your stay is as you hoped. We look forward to your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,513)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ashington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend are not due to arrive at this hotel until October but so far I am very confident our stay will be great! I emailed Doubletree last week just explaining that my girlfriend graduated from university this year and also turns 21 In August and I just want this to be a perfect holiday for her and I left it at that. I then got a very quick response from April saying she has found our reservation and has gave us a FOC upgrade to a premium deluxe room with a refrigerator and a microwave and was very happy with this response as I was only expecting maybe a couple of balloons or champagne or something as a little as that. We now can't wait for our stay with Doubletree and I am very confident that we wont be let down during our stay with them!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for making us aware of your customer service experiences at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. It is wonderful that our team has been able to assist you with any questions you have had prior to your arrival. We look forward to welcoming you in October.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Well where do we start, I suppose at the beginning. We had been reading some reviews and noticed that the standard rooms did not come with a fridge or microwave, and due to this being our special occasion of our honeymoon after our Civil Partnership I was hoping for a room with a fridge so we could celebrate with a nice cold glass of champagne.
We emailed April to enquire about how we were to go about getting a room with these appliances, we received a response very quickly with such warm congratulations on our special occasion however she was sorry to let us know she could not find our reservation and gave us advise on what to do next. We contacted our travel agency to have discovered they had booked us into the wrong hotel.
Once this was sorted April asked us to email back so she could check her system to confirm our booking and yet again with such a quick response she confirmed the details had been processed.
We would just like to really thank April as not only did she save us from travelling all the way and arriving at the hotel to discover the travel agents mistake she also had so kindly upgraded our room FOC to what sounds like such a beautiful room. We would again like to thank you April for your kind words, help and generousity.

We are so looking forward to meeting you and your team in September on our special occasion to thank you personally.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia E
Thank you for sharing your customer service experiences with us. We are delighted the team has been able to assist you with any questions prior to your arrival and we thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I really don't understand why people are giving negative reviews of this place.This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Let's face it, for a mid-range hotel in Orlando, this is on the top end. If you're looking for the kind of place that butter wouldn't melt in its mouth then you should be aiming for a higher-rate hotel...

The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, the room was very comfortable and very pleasant. The hotel was quiet and relaxed and in a secluded area of International Drive that took us away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando. Most of all, the room was soundproofed so we couldn't even hear the family (with many young children) next door. And our rooms were "adjoining" with the lockable doors.

The hotel complex is very nice - given how shady the north end of International Drive is, I was pleased to be in a very leafy part of the south end.

We were on a theme park holiday, so our time in the hotel, save for a few days was limited to just sleeping there. I have stayed in some awful places in America and this was like heaven by comparison.

There were several bus stops within short walking distance of the hotel, and getting to anywhere in Orlando was so incredibly simple, especially as you can buy I-Ride tickets from the hotel, there are shuttles to all the major attractions available and the local bus service stops right across the road.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. Although there were some upgrade works being done during our visit, they certainly did not intrude on our comfort or have any negative impact on our stay whatsoever. There were even several large conferences taking place during our stay and we didn't even notice them until we were in the lobby.

My only criticism was that no one enforced the no smoking rule in the quiet pool, which was the single moment of discomfort I experienced.

Room Tip: I can't really say anything about the motel style rooms, but if you can manage to get into the c...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rgmusicom
It is wonderful to read you were able to enjoy so much during your stay. We are delighted you had the chance to experience the area and our central location made it easy to visit area attractions. Your kind comments and detailed information for guests is appreciated. We are nearing completion on our property enhancements and we hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 9 June 2013

First the positive - nicely appointed room and property. Good value for the price paid. I have to say that it does have an odd quirk of a lot of DoubleTree's. The service can be hit or miss. Not rude, but not particularly friendly. Yes, everything is clean and delivered as promised, but I always got the feeling that the staff were simply going through the motions. No one made you feel "welcome" or that they were glad you were there. Sort of a gray cloud on an otherwise sunny day. Yes, I would stay there again, but probably would check out some other places first.

Room Tip: There is a 17 story tower, then other rooms scattered around the property. Which is best is a matte...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate the time you took to share your stay with us. I am disappointed to learn your interactions with the team were not as anticipated. I will share your feedback with the team as comments like yours help us to improve on our services. We hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld again soon.
Pinellas Park
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is my first written review. I'm sad to say, this isn't going to be a good review. We booked two rooms; they weren't ajoining. They were next to each other, but why wouldn't they give us ajoining rooms since rooms were booked at the same time? My friends room had a moldy smell, mold on shower head & mold in the ac. Our room was nice. We also had nice view of "kids" pool area. Pool was salt instead of chlorine. Not sure if that difference was causing my friends youngest child to sneeze a lot. Mini golf course was really worn down; holes, dirt, debree all over it. Video game room had no ac, only a fan. Bought our tickets for aquatica online at their "internet cafe", but printer they had didnt print tickets because computers didnt have adobe downloaded. Front desk didnt have password to download adobe, nor did they have a way to print our tickets. So we had to wait in a long line and give our email & password to this expedia travel agent at the hotel to get our tickets printed. I had to but into line to get this expedia lady to print our tickets since we only had 10 minutes left till bus to aquatica left because this whole process took almost an hour! Really no restaurants there. Breakfast buffett was good. Coffee was good. Dinner menu didnt have a lot of choices& expensive. Spa prices were expensive, but hours open were good. Deli didnt really seem like a deli. The Starbucks coffee they brew there was good; though this is not a Starbucks, they only brew starbucks coffee. That was fine though. No poolside restaurant. It was closed or under construction. Landscaping was beautiful. Cookies were yummy. Construction in lobby. Remodeling of rooms really needs done. Cant get in through most gates; which made parking more complicated. Paying for parking there seemed unnecessary too. Needed parking key to get in & out! Expensive rooms for double beds & what we got. Beds very uncomfortable. Woke up kinked every morning. :( We got lower prices because our friend is a jail guard, but would have been way to expensive otherwise. My friend expressed her concern about the mold, and they moved us to two rooms, several rooms apart, in the tower. This was unorganized. Bell girl who showed up brought a golf cart. Couldnt easily move all our luggage down a flight of stairs. So we were helping to carry our luggage. Hotel said no charge for this move; like it was some type of upgrade. Not an upgrade whatsoever! Tower smelled really bad walking into it, like some very potent terrible smelling air freshner trying to cover some other smell up!! Was it the animal smell they were trying to cover up in the tower? I love animals & have plenty of my own. Not sure what smell they were trying to cover up. Our room was worse than our first one. It smelled and our view was now of rooftops outside our window! Part of green covering on these beds looked like they were from the 70's! Not the nice silk ones in our other room! Carpet was dirty. Hallways were stuffy, hot, smelly, dark, dingy & had worn out carpets. Our first room was much better, so we moved back. Our friends liked their tower room better. Hotel didn't offer & had no way of giving us better rooms near each other! So now we are on complete opposite sides of the hotel from our friends! Front desk gave us a $50 credit for our inconvienance, but it didn't make up for all our trouble. We made it work & had a good time with our friends, but we won't be back to this hotel. :(

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Debbie H
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours. Our team strives to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. While here, we try to ensure all of our guest's requests addressed, however, there are times when adjoining rooms are not available. I will review your feedback with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our customers. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention and we hope to welcome you back so we may renew your trust.
Elmont, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This is my second time that i stayed in double thee hotel by sea world
i enjoyed every minute i spend there, from check in until check out.
I love the cookies that i got at my check in time.

my room was clean and everytime that i called and need something the person that anwers the phone was so polite and nice.. and they delivery what i request and love that i got call to follow up.
this hotel made my stayed so relax and make me want to stay only there everytime that i go to orlando.. the staff is so friendly no matter where they see you they say hi to you and i love the friendly people..
I ate at thier restaurant and I love their food very inexpensive.. and their staff is very friendly and for sure they go above and beyond.. I want to say thank you my server Heather , she was the best sever that i ever had,, thank you very much for her service.
I am a loyal guest and for sure i will go back everytime that i can to your hotel
thank you very much for making my stay so special. keep up the good work !!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we thank you for your great review. We strive to deliver our guests the highest level of customer service and we are delighted you were able to experience that during your stay. We appreciate you reaching out to us so we could work together to ensure your visit was as you had hoped. Your loyalty to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is appreciated and we look forward to your next stay.