“Hilton was great after a bad day”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #133 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had a very long day travelling from San Diego to Orlando. Up at 4am then my journey began. I finally arrived at Orlando airport and should have had a very short compute to hotel, 10 miles, BUT, it took 2 hours. Wrong directions, terrible experience at Dollar Rent a Car, you got the picture. I was not happy, but was not going to take it out at the hotel desk. He was smiling and took care of me immediately. He said, "and how has your day been so far." I just smiled and said, "you don't want to know." He smiled and handed me a hot chocolate chip cookie. Very nice way to end a very exhausting day. That is why I am an honor guest at Hilton and look forward to my next stay. Thanks

Room Tip: All buildings have an elevator, which I did not know until I lugged my suitcase up 2 flights of stai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Doubletree_Seaworld, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We understand that travel sometimes brings difficulties and we are happy you were able to relax and enjoy your visit. Your loyalty is appreciated and I thank you for feedback regarding your check-in process. We strive to provide all of our guests with a welcoming atmosphere and I am thrilled our team was able to provide you with a great experience. We look forward to your next visit to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Double Tree by Hilton made our stay fantastic. We booked this hotel because they were walking distance from SeaWorld, we had an awesome time and look forward to going back again soon. They are well located to almost everything you could want, food shopping theme parks. The staff took awesome care of me and my family, were even able to stay an extra night without moving rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Lindsey S

Your kind comments regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld are appreciated. Our central location in the heart of the Orlando entertainment and amusement district makes it easy to explore the area while here. It is great that you were able to enjoy so much and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have stayed in this hotel twice now,first time five or six years ago, and have to say would definitely stay again. First time we stayed in the tower and this time we stayed in rooms near the pool there have been a lot of improvements since the last time we where there .clean room beautiful grounds close to all the parks and easy to find from the airport didn't,t eat at the restaurant as we thought it was a little pricey compared to so many of the local restaurant,s but have to say the the food did look really good,the only downside was there was no fridge in our room ,the pool was heated when we where there (beginning of April) which was lovely there was also a Starbucks on site which was great and the staff where very friendly and the general atmosphere of the place was very relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan G

It was great to welcome you back. We appreciate your loyalty. Whether you stay in our Tower section or Resort Area, guests can enjoy similar amenities in each section and complete details are available on our website. We continuously refresh and refurbish our property to ensure our guests can enjoy their time here. We offer a range of options when dining at our hotel and whether you have the chance to enjoy our breakfast buffet or a la carte menu at Bamboo Grill, grab something to go at Max's Deli or unwind in our lobby bar, Sonoma, we offer a wide variety of menu items for our guests to enjoy. For future visits, our Deluxe accommodations include a microwave and refrigerator, otherwise they can be requested, based on availability. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a holiday package with Virgin Travel for our first trip to Orlando which saves you the resort fee and parking fee !! Our initial room was by the kid's pool and was on the end of a block right next to an exit to the car park and also the dreaded ice machine. This seemed to dispense ice at all hours so no sleep was gained on our first night - hardly ideal after a long flight. However, next morning we asked to be moved to a quiter room and were upgraded at no charge to the Tower on the 16th floor by a very helpful young man called Davone. This room was much quiter and also a better furnished room, so I reccommend the Tower Rooms if you stay here. Indeed, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, and the hotel is perfectly situated escaping the noisier northern part of I Drive and Walt Disney World to the South - more or less equidistant between the two. It is a very quiet hotel with great road links to the Beachline Expressway, I-Drive and I-4, and brilliant proximity to Seaworld,Discovery Cove and Aquatica - indeed there is a private gate from the hotel grounds to walk across to Seaworld. Bamboo Grill is good for buffet breakfast and kids eat free if an adult eats. There are also restuarants across the street if you so wish. A computer suite on site is very handy for keeping in touch and priniting off boarding passes before you leave (boo ! ) . The hotel has 3 pools which are good and there is a kids activity programme - we especially liked the dive-in movie watching a film in the pool.We intend to visit Orlando again in a few years time and this hotel would be our first choice having had such a wonderful experience here first time around. My review would have been 4.5 stars but I couldn't work out how to do it !
Paul O - Wolverhampton, England

Room Tip: Tower Rooms are better fitted out and quieter !
4  Thank Paul O

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are happy your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld was enjoyable. It is our expectation that all of our guests will enjoy their time here and we thank you for reaching out to us so we could work together to ensure your accommodations met your needs. Whether you are staying in our Resort Area or Tower section, the rooms offer similar amenities and based on personal preferences our team can help place you in the area that best meets your needs. Our central location makes it easy to explore the area and we are happy you were able to enjoy that aspect of your stay. Our breakfast buffet is a favorite among our guests, offering a wide range of options and we are delighted you were able to experience that as well. Thank you for your great review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a very nice Hotel 5 minutes drive from the attractions of international Drive. We booked a resort view room but as we are gold members we where upgraded to the 10th floor in the tower, over looking Sea World. A very nice bright room, clean with comfortable beds. The pool was warm with plenty of sun loungers. The rooms in the grounds are bigger than the Tower rooms, they have mini kitchens but they are a bit dark inside and some rooms over look the car park. The only negative is the 15 dollar daily charge for the car park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

It is great that you were able to experience so much during your stay and I thank you for your wonderful comments. We are happy you had the chance to relax and enjoy some time by the pool. For future visits, our parking fees are separate from our room charges, however; guests can utilize a variety of transportation options while here. We offer complimentary shuttle service to the area theme parks, the I-Ride Trolley and LYNX Bus system stop out front of our hotel and we have a car rental desk located in our newly renovated lobby. Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have. It is our hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld the next time you are in Orlando.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed as a mature couple visiting Orlando for the first time. The hotel is quite close to the Airport and fairly easy to find. We received great help from the staff on arrival with both parking and check-in which was very quick and efficient (and we were given the famous warm cookies!).
The hotel covers quite a large site and as we arrived late at night we would have appreciated being shown to our room. However, it was no real problem. The rooms are more like chalets, split into different blocks and opening out on to a garden area. We weren't too sure about this arrangement from both a security and noise point of view but apart from some occasional early morning loud chatter it was not a problem.
The room was certainly a bit dated and could do with a refurb but was clean and comfortable and quite satisfactory for our needs. The air-conditioning was very effective but noisy and needed to be switched off at bed-time. I'm sure most people, like ourselves, are out and about most of the day and really just need a place to rest. However, we would have appreciated a fridge as it did get very warm even in April. Drinks and ice machines are stationed near each block.

The main amenities are in the tower block. There is a nice bar/grill which does reasonable food at a reasonable price. The buffet breakfast is quite expensive but you can have set items on an a-la-carte menu which is more reasonable. There is also an all-day diner 2 minutes across the road which provides a wide choice of breakfast and other food options.
Of an evening there is live music at the grill bar--usually from the singer/piano player who was pretty good and was happy to play requests. There was also a singer in the main foyer bar on some nights too.
We used our own transport to go to the theme parks so can't comment on the hotel's shuttle service. PLEASE NOTE --you can actually walk to SeaWorld in 10 mins through the gate at the back of the hotel so no transport needed for that.
BE CAREFUL if you use taxis from the hotel to down International Drive or into Orlando. Our Friends got a yellow cab and we got a private black car and we paid DOUBLE the fare to the same place!!
The buses run from just outside the hotel so that is another option.
Overall we were satisfied with our stay at the Doubletree--
the big plus of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff--we found everyone to be helpful and polite.
A good place to stay at a fair price and we would stay there again.
Thanks to all the staff and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

It was wonderful to have had you here and we can't thank you enough for your kind comments. We regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level during your visit and I thank you for sharing your experiences. We offer a variety of room types throughout our property and our Deluxe accommodations include a refrigerator and microwave. Otherwise, based on availability, they can be requested for a daily charge. When staying with us, our guests can utilize a variety of transportation options including the I-Ride Trolley, LYNX Bus System as well as our complimentary shuttle service to the area theme parks. Should you need a taxi or car service, our concierge personnel can assist with these options as well. We are delighted you were able to enjoy our a la carte breakfast option and we wanted to let you know that for any future visits, we do offer a Bed and Breakfast Vacation Special which includes our abundant breakfast buffet in Bamboo Grille. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

They advise they are pet friendly they should state pet tolerated barley at best. The rooms for guest with pets are deplorable, outdated, run down the bedding was old washed out & stained, the carpet smelled the curtains & lamp shades were torn. I was very upset with the condition not what I expected after all the price of room was not cheap . After entering room seeing the conditions I asked them to change they did to the "newly renovated room" joke. I had the opportunity to speak to a Director who was very happy to help try and make things better well just when I thought I couldn't get much worst, after a long tiring day just wanting to make the best of bad situation I get back to the room to find my key had been deactivated, yep u got it my dog locked inside the room. I made my way to front desk to address the issue was met with apologies, they did not understand why this happened .The lack of communication amongst the staff is terrible even with notation the Director not manager but Director made on my reservation they still got if wrong. This is not what I was expecting from the Hilton corporation. Ten thumbs down bad bad bad ...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Our hotel does offer pet friendly accommodations and we regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level during your stay. Your feedback is appreciated and your comments will be shared with the team. Your experience is certainly not indicative of what our guests have come to realize during their stays with us. We continually strive to provide an excellent experience for our guests and comments like yours help us to improve upon on services. Thank you and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back so we may restore your confidence in us.