“Great location and beautiful grounds”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #124 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Papillion, Nebraska
“Great location and beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Great location with close proximity to the convention center, parks, shopping, and restaurants. Service was great! Rooms were nice, spacious & very clean. Tower is an upgrade and very quiet, but no balconies & farther from pools. Nice for couples, yet very kid friendly for families. Ask for fresh, warm cookies at the front desk every day. They are amazing!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joni P
Doubletree_Seaworld, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We are happy to read that you were able to enjoy your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Our location in the heart of Orlando makes it easy to explore the area and we are just minutes from restaurants, shopping, attractions and more. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your visit and we are happy you enjoyed your accommodations. Our Tower Section and Resort Area rooms offer similar in-room amenities while giving our guests multiple locations throughout our property. The Resort Area rooms are in the process of receiving new carpeting and entryway tile and our team, as well as our web site, can provide more information when determining which accommodations meet your expectations. Whether you are enjoying a quick getaway, a family vacation or you are in Orlando on business, our hotel provides all of our guests with multiple amenities to keep everyone busy. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. We'll have plenty of warm cookies waiting!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,494)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
orlando
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The service was great, everyone seemed really nice. The Security was on top of things and very kind. I will say that the food could us a bit of work, I will say the F&B was a bit expensive. The lobby convention facilities and grounds where awesome!!!!
My room was..ok, the stuff that had been re-done was great the counter tops, the fridge and sink and bathroom in general was really nice.
Part of the wooden molding in my room fell off the wall in the middle of the night (imagine a 2x4 5 feet long falling 6 feet smashing on the counter and then on the steel trash can and floor.) It truly sounded like someone was taking an axe to the front door.
I mentioned it the next day to some one that had a floor several rooms away and on a different floor and they said "wow, that was in your room!! It scared the crap out of me". I also looked today and saw some charges that I am a little fuzzy about (not the parking, but tow separate charges for 60+ dollars and the room was supposed to be $89 maybe some crazy taxes i don't know, I called and they said they didn't see the charges. I guess What i am saying is for 89 or 129 it was well worth the stay for a convention like that.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a re-furbished room? grounds, pools, and facilities are great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
It was great to have had you here and we thank you for sharing your experiences. Our hotel offers a range of amenities for our guest to enjoy and our event and meeting planning team can assist with any business needs you may have. We are happy you enjoyed some of our in-room amenities, however we sincerely regret any inconvenience with the wood molding. We have had our maintenance team look into your comments to further address any concerns. Should you still have concerns regarding your room charges, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Let me tell you we got a Groupon deal and it was great. Would I be happy if I paid full price, not so much. The room reminded me of an old Holiday Inn with a bathroom so small you had to stand in the shower to close the door. It had the old clunker of an AC under the window even though they built a case to hide it. I have to say I never felt clean here. Nothing specific but found myself wearing shoes in the room all the time. We did some eating and drinking and that was all ok. Pricey but it is a hotel. The staff was one of the best part. Genuine and friendly.
Not sure if every guest gets it but front of the line passes were included for Seaworld and they are great.

1 Thank psblin
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. When choosing to stay with us, our guests can enjoy a variety of hotel discounts and as a partner hotel for SeaWorld, we do provide our guests with discounts when visiting the park. Stop by our Expedia Help Desk in the lobby for more information on these offers which include, front of the line passes and discounts on dining at the park. We regret we did not meet your expectations on every level and we appreciate you bringing these points to our attention. We did want to let you know that our Resort Area rooms are currently undergoing updates to receive new flooring. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust and confidence in us.
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the double tree in July. The hotel is in a perfect location for all the theme parks and shopping. Premium outlets are only a few minutes away and Florida mall is also close.
Sand lake and International drive are full of good restaurants and are very close.
The service was exceptional they really do try everything to keep you happy.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ash-300
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy so much while here and we thank you for your kind remarks. The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld is located in the heart of the amusement and entertainment district of Orlando and our guests can easily explore the area while here. Our complimentary shuttle service to the theme parks, hotel partner discounts for SeaWorld Orlando and our wide range of amenities and activities for all of our guests to enjoy, enables our guests to experience so much. We are happy you had such a great time here and we look forward to your next visit.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was average. I've stayed in better. It was good enough to lay my head for the night; however, I would not be staying here again. It is a great location and everything conveniently located. Area is beautiful and inspired me to maybe live in Orlando. The hotel bathroom wasn't that clean and the beds wasn't that comfortable

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level while here. Whether you are visiting for one evening or an extended period of time, our team is available to assist with any concerns regarding your accommodations. We do offer a range of room types throughout our property and we are confident we would have been able to place you in accommodations that exceeded your expectations. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may win you over completely.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Double Tree was a great place to stay!!! There were a number of things for the kinds to do. There was more than 1 pool for swimming. The interior of the hotel room was very NICE!! I would most certainly stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank sunshyn23
Thank you so much for your great review. We are happy you found the recent improvements throughout our property exceeded your expectations. We have three pools for our guests to enjoy and each one provides a different atmosphere to experience. We are situated on 28 acres of Florida inspired landscaped property with many areas to relax or enjoy a game with friends and family. It was great to have had you here and we hope to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 15 July 2014

So just an intro: I am 18 and went with my boyfriend who is also 18 and we stayed from 28th June til 12th July. At first I was anxious about being treated as inferior, but the staff were mostly very kind.

When I was younger I stayed in this hotel a number of times when it was the Sheraton and when it changed to a different resort (I have stayed at this hotel under different names four times in total). I have to say, I think it's gone downhill. Here are some pros and cons...

THE ROOM - Very spacious with TV and free wifi. Great bathroom and hair drier. Kept clean. Plenty of drawer/wardrobe space (but you might want to bring some of your own hangers if you have more than about 10 things to hang up). Negatives - VERY dark and can get noisy outside. There is something dodgy within the stuff they use on the sheets because my boyfriend got a very tight chest and I heard a woman complaining at the front desk that her family had to sleep on the floor because of severe rashes a result of the bed sheet. Our air con was VERY temperamental - worked fine in the day, but seemed to turn off for majority of night when we were mainly in our room.

LOCATION - Okay this is my main point. I honestly think this hotel is in the PERFECT location. You can walk to seaworld (make sure to go to the expedia desk to get free front of line passes) in ten mins and from there it is super easy to get to discovery cove and busch gardens and there are free buses to aquatica, too. Since becoming an exclusive Sea World hotel, however, their free buses to Disney and Universal have become very irregular. If you want to get to Disney for a reasonable time you have to get a 7.30am bus and the buses to return are also irregular so the days can get way too long. If I were to go again, I would definitely get a car because that way it would only be 15 mins to Disney and Universal. The location for evenings is perfect because you can get an iTrolley up and down international drive to hundreds of restaurants.

STAFF: Mostly very friendly. Speedy check-in (make sure to get a free cookie - they're yummy). Staff around the hotel are always willing to help and say hello. Before going, try E-Mailing regarding breakfast prices, as we got way cheaper breakfasts and then got vouchers to leave at the breakfast every morning; however, the staff seemed to resent these vouchers and then we seemed to get way worse/more bitter service than people paying the full amount..BUT WE'RE STUDENTS - something not really acknowledged by the staff.

Hope this rather long review helps!

Room Tip: I think the tower would have been better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank leahmartin26
We are happy you were able to enjoy a return visit to our hotel. While we are glad you enjoyed our central location, we regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level. Our team is always available to assist with any concerns and experiences like yours are not indicative of a stay at our property. We will look into and further address any concerns with the bedding in your room. Our complimentary shuttle service to the area theme parks is offered throughout the day and we have found this schedule works well for a majority of our guests. Additionally, there are multiple transportation options available just out front of our hotel when exploring the Orlando area. We also have a car rental desk located in our lobby. I will follow up on your comments regarding your dining experiences. We do accept coupons and your overall experience should not be anything less than excellent when they are used. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may win you over completely. Thank you.