Stayed at double tree for just over two weeks in July and had a brilliant stay. We wanted the typical Orlando holiday with trips to the parks at Sea World, Universal & Disney basically counting for our entire visit.
This hotels location is perfect for this. Literally a 5 minute walk to sea world (using the gate at the rear of the hotel), there is a number of coaches that will take and pick up from here as well, these coaches also go Aquatica.
The hotel also runs a number of coaches to/from Disney, and as Disney run connecting coaches for free this served us perfect for all Disney parks no matter which coach we used. There are also coaches to Universal however for these coaches you must book your place with the concierge the day before as there is limited space.
There are lynx and iRide bus stops just outside also for the short hop down international drive for restaurants etc. I believe there is a charge for parking and the money we save using the free coaches and a $17 2 week pass on the iRide - however I would recommend using the lynx buses as they are more frequent-, rather than renting a car, paying for a sat nav ($16 a day), paying for parking ($10 a day) and for parking at theme parks ($17 a day at Disney) was well worth the occasional wait for a bus.
Make sure you make use of the SeaWorld benefits such as quick queue, early entry and dinning discounts which are all available from the concierge.
The rooms are well equipped, fair in size and cleaned daily. Air Con very strong so nothing to complain about here. All staff we come across where more than happy to help. There is a safe in the room and also more secure deposit boxes behind reception available - at a fee.
Would have given 5 stars however I felt the hotel is overpriced in the items you can purchase on site are overpriced. The restaurant in particular, comparing what we received on our one visit, to any of the other restaurants we visited - including those within theme parks - we never re-visited. Food was very nice just way overpriced. The on site stores are also pricey - as a hint a bottle of soda is cheaper from the vending machines. On a couple of occasions the maids also threw packets of sweets & drinks that we had saved as not finished which was slightly irritating.
On the whole a fantastic hotel, perfect for a theme park based holiday and close enough to international drive to enjoy the restaurants and evening activities on offer. Would happily stay again if we revisit orlando - which is highly likely!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At SeaWorld Florida