“Wonderful Stay & Beautiful Property”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #135 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
michigan
“Wonderful Stay & Beautiful Property”
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I spent 4 days and 3 nights at the International Plaza Resort & Spa. I found the property to be gorgeous, the staff friendly and the location perfect for Universal and Sea World!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,533)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palm Coast
Reviewed 28 June 2009

My boyfriend and I were meeting some friends in Orlando and just looking for a "place to crash" for a night, nothing fancy. We took advantage of a great rate and were pleasantly surprised! Our room was BEAUTIFUL, couldn't ask for more for $70 on a Saturday night. We ate dinner in the resort and both enjoyed our meals. Drinks were pricy, but that was expected, food was good and reasonably priced. It was under construction while we were there, and resturaunt choices were limited, but that was fine for us. I would go there again in a second and reccomend it for sure!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed here for a conference and had one bad experience after another. The room had long black hairs everywhere. They automatically charge you 18% service fee on every food and beverage item regardless of how many people are in your party or the amount on the order. The final blow was that I lost my room key and had it recarded (or so I thought). While I was at the conference, someone broke into my room and took the electronic items that were out recharging, including my Mac. The hotel's insurance company denied my claim since the "key audit" only showed one key. They would not believe that the front desk never rekeyed the room. Shame on their poor customer service!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank CJLSanDiego
UK
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon and were a little nervous after reading some of the reviews that had appeared on this site - there was no need to worry at all!
Check in was easy and the staff lovely, we drove round to our room (make sure you ask for a pool view) which was beautifully decorated with white linens and dark wood in a Balinese style - I have read othere people's complaints that they had to take their own bags up to their room, well it didn't kill us!
The only minus was that we didn't have a fridge in the room and we should have, but this was put right immediatley for us, the staff really were so helpful.
The pools were fantastic, plenty of room and loungers with clean towels laid out for you and the hot tub was a lovely way to relax tired muscles after a day walking in the theme parks!
We were near the Seaworld gate, so it only took us 5-6 minutes to walk to the entrance, which we did regularly and you can see the fireworks from the main pool area if you stay in the hotel grounds (which are beautifully kept, lush gardens and fountains).

This hotel is great value for money, but that is not my main reason for giving it such a great review, the place is fantastic, the staff, grounds and rooms make sure of that!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I recently stayed at IPAS to attend a conference at the convention center. I also had read the reviews about the hotel and was a bit nervous about staying here. I took the leap of faith and glad that I did. First, the location was great. I was able to drive through the back way of the convention center and reach the parking lot with no problems. Second. on the second night of my stay, my toliet sprung a leak and water was all over the floor in the shower area (the shower area was quite small but who spends a lot of time in the shower). I called the front desk and they immediately dispatched a maintenance person to fix the problem. I was expecting to wait an hour or so but the guy was there within 5 minutes. Third, we were close to a wonderful resturant across the street from the hotel (the hotel resturant was abit pricey for the food you got) Village Inn. The prices were resonable and the portions were plentiful. I never left there hungry. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay there and when the conference comes around next year, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank daplushman
Indiana
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I had to go to Orlando for a conference, so I made reservations for my wife and I at International Plaza Resort and Spa because the conference had a free shuttle service that ran to this hotel. I made our reservations 2 months in advance, the a week before I called to verify our reservations and informed them that we would be a late check in. When we arrived at the hotel, we were informed that they didn't have a room for us and that they had made reservations for us at a hotel that was 5 miles away. The new hotel didn't have shuttle service to the conference which meant I had to take the rental car to the conference, and my wife was forced to pay for a cab to get to the activities she had planned that were within walking distance of International Plaza. They offered my wife a shuttle from the other hotel, but not until after 3:00 PM. When we explained the difficulties they were causing, the staff was very unhelpful and seemed generally unconcerned. Nothing was offered (room upgrades, discounts, etc.) to help make the situation right. We were so frustrated with our experience with International Plaza Resort that we ended up canceling our room and staying at the other hotel (Caribe Royale). The staff at the Caribe Royale was kind enough to upgrade our room and give us discounts so we ended up paying less for a much nicer room.
I would avoid this hotel if at all possible.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Mr_fatron
Chciago
Reviewed 17 June 2009

WOW! I was really impressed by this place! The rooms are absolutely gorgeous. It used to be a rather shabby Sheraton and now renovated and totally different. It has 3 very nice pools with big areas for sunning. There is a fitness center, tiki bar, restaurants and small deli on property, nice staff, excellent security, abundant parking and great location!!!! It is close to 528, #4 and between Disney and Universal. The back lot borders Sea World and you can see the nightly fireworks! Great stay!!!!! Highly recommended. I would stay here in a heartbeat and the price was VERY reasonable.

1 Thank Boystowtraveler